Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Italian Citizenship

Italian Citizenship

Old Dec 17th 2017, 1:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

chris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nice
Default Re: Italian Citizenship

Did you pay both the €200 to the ministero dell'interno account and the €16 bollo?

There is no mention of the €16 bollo on the Modelo B that i am completing nor on the modelo B compilation instructions; however i have seen it mentioned on older documents written prior to the on line application procedure.

The only documents Modelo B asks to upload are:
· birth cert
· police record
· receipt of payment of €200 to postal account 80902
· ID card
Old Dec 17th 2017, 1:15 pm
Forum Regular

britaly00 is a jewel in the roughbritaly00 is a jewel in the roughbritaly00 is a jewel in the roughbritaly00 is a jewel in the rough

Yep, paid 200 plus 16, no mention explicitly maybe, but reqd all the same,
For id docs upload theres also an advisoryita site in italian which advises upload of id, passport, permesso di sogg and original tax code. I did so and all went well, i got the application accepted message .
Old Dec 17th 2017, 2:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

chris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nice

It certainly needs a bit of guess work, I’m planning to send:-

Italian ID card
police record
birth cert
€200 receipt
€16 marca da bollo
attestato di sogiorno
tessera sanitaria (with CF on)
stato di famiglia
last 3 CUD

(these last 4 I have decanted down to 1 pdf file to upload into the generic box as there seems to be only 1 generic box)

Have I missed anything?
thanks for your valuable help by the way
Old Dec 17th 2017, 4:17 pm
Forum Regular

britaly00 is a jewel in the roughbritaly00 is a jewel in the roughbritaly00 is a jewel in the roughbritaly00 is a jewel in the rough

IIRC you just enter the last three CUD ( now called Unica...) amounts, it wasnt necessary for me to scan tjem. They can be checked against the entrate/inps records. Im sure CF on tessera will be fine.
Yr welcome.
Old Dec 18th 2017, 10:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Did you affix the €16 marco da bollo to the €200 payment receipt from the post office?
Old Dec 18th 2017, 10:57 am
Forum Regular

No you just enter the identification no from the bollo into the field on the web page
Old Dec 20th 2017, 8:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice

Good luck with your application.
I am progressing citizenship through marriage and tbh it looks like a very long slog.
Old Jan 25th 2018, 5:19 am
Just Joined

Padova is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anyone have any advice re: the actual "interview"? Thanks.
Old Jan 26th 2018, 4:35 am
BE Forum Addict

carcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond repute

The citizenship through marriage is a very long slog - two years, "sometimes a little longer" (their words).

The "interview" at the Consulate, if this is for citizenship by marriage, is not really an "interview" - they collect your original documents and make sure they are all proper and correct, and that's pretty much it. They won't accept an application if there is an issue with the documents. If there is an issue, they will tell you about it so you can get it corrected and then re-submit. When you sent in the online application - that wasn't "submitted," that just went to the Consulate for them to look at - the Consulate then accepts it if everything is OK and officially sends it to the Ministry.
Old Jan 27th 2018, 10:37 am
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute

The interview is just to match up the docs you sent online with the hard copies.
Old Jan 28th 2018, 9:40 am
Just Joined

Padova is an unknown quantity at this point

Appreciative thanks for the advice. Ours is not citizenship by marriage, but for having lived out here for ten years +.
Speriamo in bene!
Old Feb 3rd 2018, 11:09 am
BE Forum Addict

carcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond repute

Can I also add - if you are an applicant, make sure that you inform the consulate if you change address. That is very important.
Old Feb 12th 2018, 2:43 pm
Forum Regular

Kevin_P is on a distinguished road

This relates to applying for long term residency: I understand that I need to apply to my Comune to obtain a certificate (Attestato d'iscrizione Anagrafica). However, to apply for a Permesso di Soggiorno I apply through the post office. Can anyone please tell me the difference between these applications? Is one (former) for EU and the other for non-EU?
Old Feb 12th 2018, 3:31 pm
Forum Regular

Ruby2 has a reputation beyond reputeRuby2 has a reputation beyond reputeRuby2 has a reputation beyond reputeRuby2 has a reputation beyond reputeRuby2 has a reputation beyond reputeRuby2 has a reputation beyond reputeRuby2 has a reputation beyond reputeRuby2 has a reputation beyond reputeRuby2 has a reputation beyond reputeRuby2 has a reputation beyond reputeRuby2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kevin_P
This relates to applying for long term residency: I understand that I need to apply to my Comune to obtain a certificate (Attestato d'iscrizione Anagrafica). However, to apply for a Permesso di Soggiorno I apply through the post office. Can anyone please tell me the difference between these applications? Is one (former) for EU and the other for non-EU?
Yes. Go to the Comune for the Attestato d’iscrizione Anagrafica if you are a EU citizen. Permesso di Soggiorno is for non -EU citizens.
Old Feb 12th 2018, 3:40 pm
Forum Regular

Kevin_P is on a distinguished road

Thanks Ruby2, very helpful. I'm thinking through the advantages of taking up residency either pre Brexit (29 March 2019) or post Brexit date, i.e. the difference between my application as an EU member or, if after March 2019, the likelihood that UK citizens will be treated the same as other non EU members. Do you know that if through either route, I would be able to pay to join the SSN (Italian Healthcare system)? thanks again

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.