Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Italian Citizenship

Italian Citizenship

Old Nov 21st 2017, 6:58 am
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Italian Citizenship

The EU might just want to punish the UK with some nasty tax regulations especially if we won't pay up on the divorce settlement.. Luxemburg and Ireland both operate as tax havens within the EU so I suppose they can't be too tough on us.
Old Nov 21st 2017, 7:15 am
BE Enthusiast

chris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nice

I am currently in the process of applying for Italian citizenship by residence for my wife and me. I am filling out the application form - Modello B - Cittadini Stranieri residenti in Italia - Art.9 (lett. a, b, d, e, f) e/o Art.16 - Richiesta per Residenza on the Ministero dell’interno website.
A few questions:

1). On page 8 and 13 of Modello B it refers to Dati del Coniuge \ Parte Unita Civilmente and asks if you are also applying for their citizenship, similarly on page 13. Is this sufficient to get my wife’s citizenship or do I have to submit a separate application on a second Modello B but cross reference them?

2). Referring to earlier questions in this thread about apostilled marriage certificate, I cannot see any requirement for this document mentioned in the application form neither does it asked for such a document to be uploaded on page 22. Have I missed something?

3). On page 22 it asks for certain documents to be uploaded, for example a certificato penale, a certificato penale consists of 4 pages, the original certificate, the apostille (glued on the back), translation of the original certificate and translation of the apostille. Which one should I upload?
Old Nov 23rd 2017, 5:56 pm
Just Joined

Padova is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ruby2
We didn’t have any difficulty getting our marriage certificate 'apostilled' and then translated and sworn at the tribunale 5 years ago. The British Embassy produce an information note about the British custom of changing surname on marriage that might be helpful - in English and Italian. You'll find them here:
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/notarial...uide-for-italy
Appreciative thanks for this
Old Nov 23rd 2017, 6:12 pm
Just Joined

Padova is an unknown quantity at this point

I apologize if my query sounded patronizing; nothing could be further from the truth!
It was because the VERY HELPFUL Italians we are liaising with were the ones who expressed surprise verging on disbelief, along the lines of, "Why would any woman want to give up her surname?".
Perhaps I also didn't make clear that England had "mislaid" this certificate! Yes, truly; "found" today!
We have indeed read all the instructions, and everything else is in order and in place.
Thank you.
Old Nov 27th 2017, 7:55 am
BE Enthusiast

nicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond repute

Chris - For UK police certificate and birth certificate you have to combine all 3-4 pages of each into a single document - original + translation + apositille etc. I scanned the 4 pages for each document to pdf and then used a free internet application to merge the 4 pdf pages into a single document - then make sure the final document is less than 3 MB - if it is bigger use another free web app to reduce its size! Then you upload the final doc on page 22? of the website. You can only upload a single document under each heading
Old Nov 27th 2017, 8:19 am
BE Enthusiast

chris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nice

nick, what application did you use to combine the pdf files, my acrobate wont do it.
Old Nov 27th 2017, 10:35 am
BE Enthusiast

nicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond repute

www.pdfmerge.com
Old Nov 29th 2017, 4:09 pm
Forum Regular

britaly00 is a jewel in the roughbritaly00 is a jewel in the roughbritaly00 is a jewel in the roughbritaly00 is a jewel in the rough

Can't you just scan in sequence several pages? Maybe scanner has setting to prompt 'Another page?' and so on till finished.
Old Dec 15th 2017, 11:43 am
BE Enthusiast

I tried to pay the €200 today, at the bank, they couldn’t do it.

- Ricevuta del versamento del contributo obbligatorio di 200 €, (mod. 451), previsto

dalla legge 94/2009, sul C/C n. 809020 intestato a: MINISTERO INTERNO D.L.C.I. -
CITTADINANZA con causale: "Cittadinanza - contributo di cui all'art.1, comma 12,
legge 15 luglio 2009, n. 94"

Now i have found a slightly different version which has conto corrente postale in it so i guess i need to go to the post office.

ricevuta del pagamento di 200 Euro da effettuarsi sul conto corrente postale n.809020 intestato al Ministero dell'Interno-DLCI, causale cittadinanza

can anyone confirm?
Old Dec 15th 2017, 12:11 pm
Forum Regular

britaly00 is a jewel in the roughbritaly00 is a jewel in the roughbritaly00 is a jewel in the roughbritaly00 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by chris120
I tried to pay the €200 today, at the bank, they couldn’t do it.

- Ricevuta del versamento del contributo obbligatorio di 200 €, (mod. 451), previsto

dalla legge 94/2009, sul C/C n. 809020 intestato a: MINISTERO INTERNO D.L.C.I. -
CITTADINANZA con causale: "Cittadinanza - contributo di cui all'art.1, comma 12,
legge 15 luglio 2009, n. 94"

Now i have found a slightly different version which has conto corrente postale in it so i guess i need to go to the post office.

ricevuta del pagamento di 200 Euro da effettuarsi sul conto corrente postale n.809020 intestato al Ministero dell'Interno-DLCI, causale cittadinanza

can anyone confirm?
Yes its the post office, maybe one with amici sportello, for some reason, i think they know how to process it. Also they have the forms, same as which you can print out and take with you, just in case of any confusion on their behalf,
Good luck,
Old Dec 17th 2017, 8:52 am
BE Enthusiast

thanks i paid it at the post office

On Modelo B page 21 it asks for “Estremi della marca da bollo telematica”

I paid mine at the PO and there are 2 numbers in the receipt stamp that could be identifying numbers
One has format: VCYL00XX
The other format: DEM 171215-142612-567XXXXX

can someone tell me which format number they are looking for?
Old Dec 17th 2017, 9:16 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by chris120
thanks i paid it at the post office

On Modelo B page 21 it asks for “Estremi della marca da bollo telematica”

I paid mine at the PO and there are 2 numbers in the receipt stamp that could be identifying numbers
One has format: VCYL00XX
The other format: DEM 171215-142612-567XXXXX

can someone tell me which format number they are looking for?
Its the one in bold, in the bottom called ' identificativo'

Last edited by britaly00; Dec 17th 2017 at 9:19 am.
Old Dec 17th 2017, 9:30 am
BE Enthusiast

nothing in bold on my receipts - all the same.
"identificativo" not there either, only the characters and numbers that i have written earlier
Old Dec 17th 2017, 11:26 am
Forum Regular

Ypu need to buy a 16€ bollo (the self adhesive thing, bit bigger than postage stamp) and insert the no. printed on it. Least this is what i did.
Old Dec 17th 2017, 11:30 am
Forum Regular

One of these
No, at bottom
Attached Thumbnails Italian Citizenship-20171107_150405_burst01.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.