Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

how to watch UK TV online

how to watch UK TV online

Old Mar 26th 2008, 11:32 am
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: how to watch UK TV online

I was wondering how you thought I was watching them!

However and it is a big however, your credit card MUST haven been issued from a UK bank, which you then tie to a valid UK address, but it doesn't have to relate to your card, so it can be your mum's address for example. You can't tie it to your Italian address - you have to have an Italian issued card to do that!!

All to do with copyright laws!
Old Mar 26th 2008, 11:42 am
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yellowdog
Nice one. I'm graphic/web designer so I use Mac's in my work.
Yeah Macs are great. I have only just converted to Apple after years of using Windows. At home I have been using XP and Vista at work. For me, Leopard allows me to do the things I want to do without having to waste any time navigating through the operating system. I groan everytime I need to use the XP at home!
Old Jun 30th 2008, 8:32 am
Forum Regular

lovingaus will become famous soon enough

Hi Everyone

Hope I can be of some help here. I have been in australia for 2 years now and I only really missed eastenders. I use a website called www.uknova.com which allows you to download all your favourite uk tv programs after they have been aired on the tv. so I only download eastenders but you can choose from quite a lot of your favourite uk tv shows. have alook and see what you think.

Hope this helps
Old Jun 30th 2008, 12:42 pm
Not Dun Roaming Just Yet

Kenny and Moe has a brilliant futureKenny and Moe has a brilliant futureKenny and Moe has a brilliant futureKenny and Moe has a brilliant futureKenny and Moe has a brilliant futureKenny and Moe has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by duffer
According to the site you need a Pace digibox that is pre-tuned to the BFBS service AND a smartcard without which you cannot receive the TV but only the radio channels. You also need to point the dish to 7 degrees E.

An 85cm dish is OK from even Naples. Question: Where can I get a Smartcard??
They show Sky Sports 1&2 for free!
Hi,
The box and card are issued to military personnel serving in Italy and UK civilians working for the Military, they are not available commercially. Torpoint Boy, (who has not arrived in Italy yet!) threw in a Red Herring.
Regards
Old Jul 1st 2008, 1:30 pm
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kenny and Moe
Hi,
The box and card are issued to military personnel serving in Italy and UK civilians working for the Military, they are not available commercially. Torpoint Boy, (who has not arrived in Italy yet!) threw in a Red Herring.
Regards
yeah what a git!
;-)
Old Oct 29th 2008, 11:09 am
Pull my finger

But this is your own company that you spammed all the forums with previously!

Last edited by Sue; Oct 29th 2008 at 11:15 am. Reason: quote of deleted post removed
Old Oct 29th 2008, 11:25 am
Forum Regular

itye is an unknown quantity at this point

um thought this was about watching UK TV...i gave a valid solution and it was deleted...how childish!
Old Oct 29th 2008, 12:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really nice

Someone told me about this Looks Really GREAT called the SLINGBOX. needs to be set up in the uk and you can watch anywhere in the world and it's legal

http://uk.slingmedia.com/go/slingbox
Old Oct 29th 2008, 12:38 pm
Pull my finger

the reason it was deleted is because you included a link to a company and allegedly claimed that they sorted you out with your pc/media system. what you failed to state was that it was your OWN business.

silly billy

Old Oct 29th 2008, 5:20 pm
Forum Regular

itye is an unknown quantity at this point

I never denied it was, I didnt lie, it was the truth I did get the solution form them!

The whole point of this thread was to discuss watching uktv over in Italy, I gave a solution and never asked for a penny...wheres the harm in that! It was free information!!!!!

suits me fine if someone wants to be petty and delete it just cos it may advertise a business.. but within that thread was an answer for why this thread was listed....added to that there may be plenty of ex pats who would like their computers repaired rather than take it to a non english technician .

The whole point of these forums are for expats - I for one dont mind reading if an english speaking person offers services where I live. It would be beneficial.

some rules seem downright silly.
Old Oct 29th 2008, 6:23 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by itye
I never denied it was, I didnt lie, it was the truth I did get the solution form them!

The whole point of this thread was to discuss watching uktv over in Italy, I gave a solution and never asked for a penny...wheres the harm in that! It was free information!!!!!

suits me fine if someone wants to be petty and delete it just cos it may advertise a business.. but within that thread was an answer for why this thread was listed....added to that there may be plenty of ex pats who would like their computers repaired rather than take it to a non english technician .

The whole point of these forums are for expats - I for one dont mind reading if an english speaking person offers services where I live. It would be beneficial.

some rules seem downright silly.
It`s fine recommending some body who has given you good service, but it can`t be your own company or service.
As most sites rely on paying advertisers as this one does, it doesn`t seem a downright silly rule at all.
Old Oct 29th 2008, 6:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really nice

SORRY: I think it is a silly rule Becase Rule 11 contradicts Rule 18 where it states you can put your company name in your signature so you are still advertising and not paying
Old Oct 29th 2008, 8:27 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mr Posh
SORRY: I think it is a silly rule Becase Rule 11 contradicts Rule 18 where it states you can put your company name in your signature so you are still advertising and not paying
No it says you can put a link to your site.
That was a kindness of the owners, so that proper members don`t need to spam.
A freebie for complying with the site rules.

Last edited by jdr; Oct 29th 2008 at 8:31 pm.
Old Oct 30th 2008, 11:07 am
Just Joined

gromits will become famous soon enoughgromits will become famous soon enough

Grow up guys. The point of the site should be to help Expats. If it isn't then call it something like 'me and my mates chat room'
Old Oct 30th 2008, 11:59 am
Forum Regular

selinuntina is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by salice
Why don't you watch Italian T.V ?
Sorry but Italian TV is rubbish ! I watched it for 3 years before we got sky. The worst is the half naked girls parading about on chat / quiz shows, for what reason ??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.