Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

how to watch UK TV online

how to watch UK TV online

Old Dec 2nd 2007, 9:48 am
Forum Regular

giuliana is just really nicegiuliana is just really nicegiuliana is just really nicegiuliana is just really nicegiuliana is just really nicegiuliana is just really nicegiuliana is just really nicegiuliana is just really nicegiuliana is just really nice
Default Re: how to watch UK TV online

Originally Posted by duffer
Err... Why pay for Italian Sky when you can get the BBC for your EastEnders fix and ITV for Celebrity and Hell's Kitchen all for free??
How can you get BBC for free?
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 10:23 am
Just Joined

dpmerano is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TestaRossa
Agreed, but when it costs €50 for a babysitter and your husband is away 3 weeks at a time it is nice to have a range of things to do in the house that don't require too much effort. Especially after grappling a 3 year old to bed!
Well guys, to be honest........italian TV sucks totally......there's is hardly something watchable on it, but if you are a big fan of Quiz Show and shows where they talk a lot of rubbish and show some half naked girls (most of them aren't even italian lol)......then that is defiantly for you.
Myself, never watch any italian TV it's just totally boring....it's all about blablablabla and they hardly show any good movies......unless you buy the Italian Sky, which in my opinion doesn't give you a big choice either.....
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 12:23 pm
Just Joined

salice is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dpmerano
Well guys, to be honest........italian TV sucks totally......there's is hardly something watchable on it, but if you are a big fan of Quiz Show and shows where they talk a lot of rubbish and show some half naked girls (most of them aren't even italian lol)......then that is defiantly for you.
Myself, never watch any italian TV it's just totally boring....it's all about blablablabla and they hardly show any good movies......unless you buy the Italian Sky, which in my opinion doesn't give you a big choice either.....
Yes everyone knows Italian T.V is rubbish but if you want to learn Italian its a help , especially the "telegiornali, striscia la notizia, or matrix.
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 4:10 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

I have Sky Italia and while there isn't a lot on from the vast range of channels there are the Fox Channels and it's worth it to me for these. I had Sky in the Uk and to be frank I didn't think that was any better, but then I'm not a fan of most Brit TV shows anyway, not the newer ones or the soaps anyway. Blackadder was on Prime recently and that was great! Other than that Dr Who is the only one I would say I miss and even that is back on Prime.

I'm just a sucker for US TV especially the crime shows although I'm loving Army Wives at the moment. . Next week see Desparate Housewives, Brothers and Sister and Ugly Betty all on in one week plus the NCIS and CSI re-runs. Cool!
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 9:50 pm
Forum Regular

markute will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by salice
Yes everyone knows Italian T.V is rubbish but if you want to learn Italian its a help , especially the "telegiornali, striscia la notizia, or matrix.
Surely, learning a language alone is hard enough, why add torture???
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 7:26 am
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by giuliana
How can you get BBC for free?
The BBC and ITV are free to air channels, i.e. no subscription, no viewing card, no special equipment. Just point your dish to 28.2 degrees EAST. Just make sure your dish is large enough - mine is 87cm and I'm in the NE.
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 7:47 am
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by salice
If the TV's rubbish it ain't gonna help!
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 10:53 pm
Just Joined

TORPOINTBOY is an unknown quantity at this point

You could try and tap into BFBS (British Forces Broadcasting Service), they have 2 channels with a compilation of all terrestial channels as well as two dedicated sports channels with everything live.
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 6:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Margaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond repute

Tell us more
Old Mar 4th 2008, 4:26 pm
Just Joined

Well the MOD has given money to the Forces by way of a OWP (overseas welfare package), this has resulted in 1000's of pounds being poured into Troops T.V in Afghan And Iraq, but its also widely available across Europe, I don't know what settings it's on but log onto WWW.BFBS.CO.UK and select T.V, whats on and CET, and see whats available, maybe you have to have a special box....who knows.
Old Mar 4th 2008, 5:58 pm
Pull my finger

Originally Posted by TORPOINTBOY
Well the MOD has given money to the Forces by way of a OWP (overseas welfare package), this has resulted in 1000's of pounds being poured into Troops T.V in Afghan And Iraq, but its also widely available across Europe, I don't know what settings it's on but log onto WWW.BFBS.CO.UK and select T.V, whats on and CET, and see whats available, maybe you have to have a special box....who knows.
According to the site you need a Pace digibox that is pre-tuned to the BFBS service AND a smartcard without which you cannot receive the TV but only the radio channels. You also need to point the dish to 7 degrees E.

An 85cm dish is OK from even Naples. Question: Where can I get a Smartcard??
They show Sky Sports 1&2 for free!
Old Mar 5th 2008, 4:26 pm
Just Joined

Comercially I've no ideas, but ill get mine issued in July when i join Italy serving for two years!
Old Mar 9th 2008, 8:55 pm
Forum Regular

ballerina will become famous soon enough

Hello, i'm new here..i've been reading the posts and i would be really chuffed if I could hook up my mum'stelly in england to that thing mentioned (sling thing) to watch via the internet! hope i can get it working...

I've lived here about two years now and I agree the telly here is mostly really really boring. At the moment if I jsut want to watch something remotely entertaining (ie not italian ) I download stuff on You Tube (not great quality but they have a lot of choice) OR I call my mum on Skype and get her to turn the webcam to the telly! Yeah, it's not a bad solution. If you are desperate!

byebye
Old Mar 10th 2008, 10:53 am
Pull my finger

Originally Posted by ballerina
Hello, i'm new here..i've been reading the posts and i would be really chuffed if I could hook up my mum'stelly in england to that thing mentioned (sling thing) to watch via the internet! hope i can get it working...

I've lived here about two years now and I agree the telly here is mostly really really boring. At the moment if I jsut want to watch something remotely entertaining (ie not italian ) I download stuff on You Tube (not great quality but they have a lot of choice) OR I call my mum on Skype and get her to turn the webcam to the telly! Yeah, it's not a bad solution. If you are desperate!

byebye
Webcam? You must be desperate!
Either get a satellite dish and decoder or a slingbox hooked up to your mum's internet.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 12:32 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

Surely a sling box wouldn't work on SKY though would it?!

As Duffer says you'd be better getting his set up if it's specifically UK TV you miss or getting a subscription to this UKTVlive set-up. I didn't go for it in the end - I just don't miss UK TV enough to be bothered! If my son wants it in the summer I might but otherwise I'm happy with SKY Italia, FOX and i-tunes!
Plus I've noticed many box sets are getting cheaper and cheaper on CD WOW and Amazon and then I can play stuff again and again anyway.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.