Reload this Page >

Home Contents Insurance in Verona

Home Contents Insurance in Verona

Old Jan 26th 2014, 10:59 am
Just Joined

konsrq is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Home Contents Insurance in Verona

Hi

I'm hoping some one can offer advice or point me in the right direction....

We have an apartment in Verona which we hope to use as a retirement home at some future date, but for the moment have more or less completed refurbishing and furnishing it - and for the next couple of years, we'll only be able to spend a few weeks/weekends staying there.

We don't intend letting the apartment out.

It occurs to us that although the building is insured, the contents aren't - so we were wondering if anyone can suggest a reputable company we can approach in the area that might be able to help with this?

Thanks, konsrq
Old Jan 26th 2014, 12:33 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Home Contents Insurance in Verona

Why not just send a general email to different companies asking for a quote? State the most expensive things you have inside the apartment and ask for quotes. If Italian is you problem, I can draft you a general request for a quote.
Old Jan 26th 2014, 1:31 pm
Forum Regular

Ruby2 has a reputation beyond reputeRuby2 has a reputation beyond reputeRuby2 has a reputation beyond reputeRuby2 has a reputation beyond reputeRuby2 has a reputation beyond reputeRuby2 has a reputation beyond reputeRuby2 has a reputation beyond reputeRuby2 has a reputation beyond reputeRuby2 has a reputation beyond reputeRuby2 has a reputation beyond reputeRuby2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by konsrq
Hi

It occurs to us that although the building is insured, the contents aren't - so we were wondering if anyone can suggest a reputable company we can approach in the area that might be able to help with this?

Thanks, konsrq
Although not local www.intasure.com and www.italsure.eu also do holiday home contents insurance.
Old Jan 27th 2014, 11:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Isakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond repute

We insured with Toro, which is now part of Generali.
When insuring the contents, please note that any valuables you have should be in a safe. Some companies would not pay up if they are not kept in a safe, plus think if you need earthquake insurance.
Old Jan 29th 2014, 11:12 am
Just Joined

konsrq is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for your help, folks, very much appreciated!

Lorna, Italian is part of my problem - or rather, lack of effort is! I'm relying on my Italian "O" Level (and that was a fair while ago), and also my wife's ability to apparently understand a menu in every language! :-) I've bought Rosetta Stone and Michael Thomas, but actually putting on a headphone and listening has eluded me so far! (I have a friend in Scotland who is fluent in Italian, but thanks for your offer of help!)

Ruby2, I'll check out those companies you've mentioned - thanks!

Isakat, I'll look at Generali too, thanks - earthquake insurance? Gulp! Hadn't even considered that!

Cheers, konsrq