Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Help needed for neice in Cagliari, Sardinia

Help needed for neice in Cagliari, Sardinia

Old Aug 6th 2005, 6:08 pm
Just Joined

HazelJane is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help needed for neice in Cagliari, Sardinia

If anyone knows any ex pat who lives in or near Cagliari, Sardinia, I am seeking some advice or help with a difficult situation.

My neice wants to return to England with her 2 year old daughter because her Sardinian partner is abusive and is keeping her almost prisoner and threatening her should she try to leave. She isn't married and her daughter is spanish by birth.

All we need is someone who could collect her and drive her to Cagliari airport for a designated flight back home (or to anywhere outside Italy). It takes her too long to get to the airport by bus, and she is well known by the taxi owners. She only has a small window of opportunity each day.

ANY help or advice would be welcome.
Old Aug 21st 2005, 4:13 pm
World Dream

Entrepreneur is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Help needed for neice in Cagliari, Sardinia

i may be new but i really feel that this is innapropriate for this forum, perhaps this should be discussed with police, or if the situation is realli that bad book the next flight there, and get your poor daughter out of there, sorry i couldnt be of any more help,
goodluck
Old Aug 21st 2005, 4:40 pm
Just Joined

HazelJane is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Help needed for neice in Cagliari, Sardinia

Originally Posted by Entrepreneur
i may be new but i really feel that this is innapropriate for this forum, perhaps this should be discussed with police, or if the situation is realli that bad book the next flight there, and get your poor daughter out of there, sorry i couldnt be of any more help,
goodluck
Thanks, I'm sorry that you feel this forum isn't for something as important as this. My sister has wasted a lot of money that she doesn't have, going to Sardinia, and booking flights out for them all, but has been unsuccessful - Dino takes the baby as soon as he sees her. The police will keep my neice and baby there for a long time while the case goes through the courts, and will likely favour the father, even though he has a record. We have taken advice from an Italian solicitor. My neice is lonely, frightened and depressed. My sister is distraught and doesn't know what to do next. We aren't stupid, but we have nowhere else to turn, but to the possible kindness of a fellow brit.