Reload this Page >

Health insurance providers?

Health insurance providers?

Old Feb 25th 2017, 3:12 pm
Forum Regular

theitaliansboyfriend is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Health insurance providers?

Hi folks.

I know there are already one or two threads on this (I've picked up some ideas from them), but I just wanted to ask what health insurance providers people have used when moving to Italy?

Does anyone have any recommendations or websites I could try? I have a few quotes so far but I don't want to overlook any.

Also, I know this is probably a difficult question to answer, but what sort of health insurance coverage do comuni usually accept? Does it vary? I'd hate to buy health insurance then find it's not acceptable but I imagine the risk of that being quite low.
Old Feb 25th 2017, 4:24 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: Health insurance providers?

Or more specifically does anyone have any experience of www.healthcareinternational.com and/or know whether their cover would be acceptable?
Old Feb 26th 2017, 6:11 am
Living the Dream

Efes123 is a name known to allEfes123 is a name known to allEfes123 is a name known to allEfes123 is a name known to allEfes123 is a name known to allEfes123 is a name known to allEfes123 is a name known to allEfes123 is a name known to allEfes123 is a name known to allEfes123 is a name known to allEfes123 is a name known to all

I used Cattolica - Home at a cost of 587 EUR for both me and the missus. This seems to be the cheapest I've heard of
Old Feb 26th 2017, 12:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute

We went to the trades union office and they advised my partner to employ me as a domestico. I paid the INPS contributions of around Euro1000 per year. This gives you access to the public health system and a history of work in Italy. I think the idea works well if you plan to stay for a while.
Old Feb 26th 2017, 9:48 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the advice folks.

I've had a quote from Healthcare International for about 700 euros per year. To be honest, that seems a fair price to me for what is offered.

I've seen Cattolica mentioned a few times as well. I might try those.

Interesting idea on having your partner employ you as well. I'll look into all of these.