Health Care

Old Apr 24th 2017, 12:45 pm
Forum Regular

FreddyBee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Health Care

OK. My S1 form arrived in the post. Can anyone in or near Siracusa tell me where to go with it? It says, "Take it to the local Health Office in your place of residence." I am not sure what the Health Office would be called in Italy. I've searched the web-site of the Comune di Siracusa for anything labelled "sanitaria" or "sanita'"with no luck. Maybe the office is separate from the Comune?

Any help with the correct Italian name of the office would be much appreciated!
Old Apr 24th 2017, 1:08 pm
Forum Regular

Ruby2 has a reputation beyond reputeRuby2 has a reputation beyond reputeRuby2 has a reputation beyond reputeRuby2 has a reputation beyond reputeRuby2 has a reputation beyond reputeRuby2 has a reputation beyond reputeRuby2 has a reputation beyond reputeRuby2 has a reputation beyond reputeRuby2 has a reputation beyond reputeRuby2 has a reputation beyond reputeRuby2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Health Care

Originally Posted by FreddyBee
OK. My S1 form arrived in the post. Can anyone in or near Siracusa tell me where to go with it? It says, "Take it to the local Health Office in your place of residence." I am not sure what the Health Office would be called in Italy. I've searched the web-site of the Comune di Siracusa for anything labelled "sanitaria" or "sanita'"with no luck. Maybe the office is separate from the Comune?

Not so fast! You first need to take the S1 form (to prove your entitlement to health care in Italy) along with bank statements (to prove you are not destitutute) to register your residence in Italy and get a 'certificate di residenza'. You do this at the local 'Anagrafe'. Once you've got that then you take it along with the S1 to the Health office to register for health care. It all takes time and seems very laborious and there may be hiccups along the way but you'll get there in the end.
Old Apr 24th 2017, 1:31 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FreddyBee

The name you are looking for is ASL - Siracusa-, but as Ruby said, first you need to use it to register at the comune.
Old Apr 24th 2017, 6:23 pm
Forum Regular

Donna Noble has a reputation beyond reputeDonna Noble has a reputation beyond reputeDonna Noble has a reputation beyond reputeDonna Noble has a reputation beyond reputeDonna Noble has a reputation beyond reputeDonna Noble has a reputation beyond reputeDonna Noble has a reputation beyond reputeDonna Noble has a reputation beyond reputeDonna Noble has a reputation beyond reputeDonna Noble has a reputation beyond reputeDonna Noble has a reputation beyond repute

I guess it depends on the Comune, but you should be able to get a temporary residency certificate (or at least a piece of paper saying you've applied) from the comune to prove that you have applied for Residency and you can start off your Health application with that - and take along the real Residency Certificate once it arrives.

Please remember that once you're on the residency list you will be obliged to do a Tax Return in Italy (for your worldwide income and assets declaration) but I think this was already mentioned before.
Old Apr 25th 2017, 5:19 am
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute

Theres one in Ortigia
Indirizzo: 1 Via Minniti Mario, Siracusa, SR 96100, Italia
Telefono: +39 0931 461588
Usually open in the mornings until 1230,
Old Apr 25th 2017, 7:06 pm
Forum Regular

FreddyBee is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you, Modicasa. I know the street well: it's where I lived for my first five weeks.