Happy

Old Dec 31st 2016, 10:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond repute
Default Happy

Happy New Year to all. Hope it's a good one for you all.
Buon anno x
Old Jan 1st 2017, 3:27 pm
Forum Regular

OliveCameToo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Happy

The same to you Pica
Old Jan 1st 2017, 5:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Geordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond repute

Yes a Happy New Year to all...
Old Jan 2nd 2017, 10:10 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Happy New Year to you all and the very best for this year.

Obviously I have no idea what 2017 will bring me, but hopefully it won't fall as flat as New Year's Eve did.

Our friends had organised a ticket only dinner and dance in the birreria up the hill from our house. Finally a party close to home that we could walk to and home again in about ten minutes.

I wanted to get a little dressed up and look different to the usual daily outfits. Nothing too fancy, but I was going to wear a dress. Nobody in the villages around here ever gets dressed up. I never expected anybody here to wear diamond encrusted evening gowns, but the same old tired jeans and hoodies and fleece tops were just so bloody dull.

We were told that we had to be there for 8pm for an aperitivo and that everyone must be sitting down by 8.30pm ready for dinner to be served.
9pm came and went with not a single starter leaving the kitchen. When it did finally arrive, it was an absolute age after that before any pasta dishes came out. Some unknown guy was sitting in front of me. A perfect wanker who made one too many snide and uninformed comments about Brexit even after I'd told him that I didn't vote and wasn't interested. When I then brought up the Italian Referendum he looked at my OH and said, "fai tacere la tua femmina." Bad move mate. I am not anybody's little woman and if you want me to shut up, you should have stopped talking long ago. He did that all Italian 'I am offended' macho shit which I can't stand so I told him he was a pathetic rincoglionito and where was his little woman? When he told me he wasn't married I laughed and told him I wasn't surprised. He didn't talk to me again which was much better.

Two small, mushroom filled ravioli got served and then it was another age before the Bigoli came out.

Midnight fell flat because half the people were still sitting at the table and the other half were outside smoking and the DJ hadn't started playing because people were still waiting to eat so the tables couldn't get moved to create a dance floor. Yes there was the usual kiss kiss buon anno but no countdown to midnight or anything. One minute I was waiting for some bloody food and then it was "oh it must be midnight kiss kiss felice anno nuovo".

By 1pm there was still no music and we'd just about had enough when I sat on a chair that somebody had spilled something on making my arse all soggy and two guys had started an argument about God knows what that OH said was starting to sound nasty. We just left and walked down the hill so I could get changed, but once we were at home we couldn't be bothered to move again so we had a glass of port together and then called it a night.
As we were walking down the hill I realised that I missed singing Auld Lang Syne and linking arms with everyone so I hummed it to myself and yesterday the kids and I watched the London fireworks on the computer.

I thought it was strange yesterday that my Italian girlfriend didn't send any messages and wondered if she was annoyed that we just walked away from the party so I sent her a message an hour ago asking if she was going to the usual bar for an aperitivo at lunchtime where her and her gang often hang out and I meet them there sometimes. She wrote back "still in bed" so she is either annoyed or sulking. Bleeding permalosa Italians. I'm not begging so get over yourself woman. I'm just as happy to be at home so it's no skin off my nose. In fact I think I'll have a little aperitivo anyway and ring my dad.

How did you all spend the weekend?
Old Jan 2nd 2017, 10:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Geordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond repute

Back in the UK
Old Jan 2nd 2017, 10:47 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Geordieborn
Back in the UK
That's where we usually are, but not this year.
Old Jan 2nd 2017, 1:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond repute

Home-( home is now Italy) just the 2 of us for NY'sE-and sat on the terrace watching the fireworks over the horizon at midnight, we like it this way. New Year's Day was spent at neighbour's house being offered more food than we'd eat in a whole week.
Old Jan 2nd 2017, 1:42 pm
Forum Regular

OliveCameToo is an unknown quantity at this point

Where will you be spending next new year's eve Lorna?

We had a quiet one at home (now Italy) and like you, Pica, we like it that way.
Old Jan 3rd 2017, 9:38 am
BE Forum Addict

ononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond repute

Happy New Year to you all from me. Our New Year was spent at a family gathering at n o. 2 son's place. He is a brillant chef so had organized a mIchelin 5 star type dinner based on fish and pasta courses with some lentichie and zampone thrown in,and Christmas pudding flambé as well.
At about 11 p.m. 'a nonna, who has Alzheimer, became agitated and aggressive, so I had to leave and take her home. Got her and myself safely to bed, took my knockout sleeping pill, and didn't hear or see any of the midnight Neapolitan firework displays. On New Year's day took 'a nonna to mass, cos she's always calm in church. Then back to son's place where a long drawn out lunch based on beef and duck was enjoyed by all; and then left them all too it about 6 p.m.
So all in all not a bad start to 2017. Can't possibly be worse than 2016 can it?
Wishing you all the very best,
'o nonno
Old Jan 3rd 2017, 5:49 pm
Forum Regular

MrsTeapot has a reputation beyond reputeMrsTeapot has a reputation beyond reputeMrsTeapot has a reputation beyond reputeMrsTeapot has a reputation beyond reputeMrsTeapot has a reputation beyond reputeMrsTeapot has a reputation beyond reputeMrsTeapot has a reputation beyond reputeMrsTeapot has a reputation beyond reputeMrsTeapot has a reputation beyond reputeMrsTeapot has a reputation beyond reputeMrsTeapot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
Happy New Year to you all and the very best for this year.

Obviously I have no idea what 2017 will bring me, but hopefully it won't fall as flat as New Year's Eve did.

Our friends had organised a ticket only dinner and dance in the birreria up the hill from our house. Finally a party close to home that we could walk to and home again in about ten minutes.

I wanted to get a little dressed up and look different to the usual daily outfits. Nothing too fancy, but I was going to wear a dress. Nobody in the villages around here ever gets dressed up. I never expected anybody here to wear diamond encrusted evening gowns, but the same old tired jeans and hoodies and fleece tops were just so bloody dull.

We were told that we had to be there for 8pm for an aperitivo and that everyone must be sitting down by 8.30pm ready for dinner to be served.
9pm came and went with not a single starter leaving the kitchen. When it did finally arrive, it was an absolute age after that before any pasta dishes came out. Some unknown guy was sitting in front of me. A perfect wanker who made one too many snide and uninformed comments about Brexit even after I'd told him that I didn't vote and wasn't interested. When I then brought up the Italian Referendum he looked at my OH and said, "fai tacere la tua femmina." Bad move mate. I am not anybody's little woman and if you want me to shut up, you should have stopped talking long ago. He did that all Italian 'I am offended' macho shit which I can't stand so I told him he was a pathetic rincoglionito and where was his little woman? When he told me he wasn't married I laughed and told him I wasn't surprised. He didn't talk to me again which was much better.

Two small, mushroom filled ravioli got served and then it was another age before the Bigoli came out.

Midnight fell flat because half the people were still sitting at the table and the other half were outside smoking and the DJ hadn't started playing because people were still waiting to eat so the tables couldn't get moved to create a dance floor. Yes there was the usual kiss kiss buon anno but no countdown to midnight or anything. One minute I was waiting for some bloody food and then it was "oh it must be midnight kiss kiss felice anno nuovo".

By 1pm there was still no music and we'd just about had enough when I sat on a chair that somebody had spilled something on making my arse all soggy and two guys had started an argument about God knows what that OH said was starting to sound nasty. We just left and walked down the hill so I could get changed, but once we were at home we couldn't be bothered to move again so we had a glass of port together and then called it a night.
As we were walking down the hill I realised that I missed singing Auld Lang Syne and linking arms with everyone so I hummed it to myself and yesterday the kids and I watched the London fireworks on the computer.

I thought it was strange yesterday that my Italian girlfriend didn't send any messages and wondered if she was annoyed that we just walked away from the party so I sent her a message an hour ago asking if she was going to the usual bar for an aperitivo at lunchtime where her and her gang often hang out and I meet them there sometimes. She wrote back "still in bed" so she is either annoyed or sulking. Bleeding permalosa Italians. I'm not begging so get over yourself woman. I'm just as happy to be at home so it's no skin off my nose. In fact I think I'll have a little aperitivo anyway and ring my dad.

How did you all spend the weekend?

Sounds right like a right old mare and very Italian and very frustrating What a let down.
Old Jan 7th 2017, 10:52 pm
Forum Regular

Donna Noble has a reputation beyond reputeDonna Noble has a reputation beyond reputeDonna Noble has a reputation beyond reputeDonna Noble has a reputation beyond reputeDonna Noble has a reputation beyond reputeDonna Noble has a reputation beyond reputeDonna Noble has a reputation beyond reputeDonna Noble has a reputation beyond reputeDonna Noble has a reputation beyond reputeDonna Noble has a reputation beyond reputeDonna Noble has a reputation beyond repute

"fai tacere la tua femmina."

I think my drink would have accidently been knocked onto his lap at that stage. Brava to you for your patience!

I do hope you managed to wish him a loud "buon ano" across the table while flashing him an innocent feminine smile!