Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Getting SKY Tv in Italy

Getting SKY Tv in Italy

Old Apr 5th 2008, 12:41 pm
Just Joined

TORPOINTBOY is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Getting SKY Tv in Italy

To go back to a previous answer in this thread reference BFBS (British Forces Broadcasting Company) they take all their signals from the Eutelsat W3a footprint, if thats any good for you!!
Old Apr 5th 2008, 2:13 pm
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yellowdog
Really. Well I'm helping some friends here in Genova install a dish so I'll see how it goes with that. They have a DS445NB.
BTW Duffer could I be so rude as to ask how much you paid for your dish and lnb etc without installation. Our friends have been quoted €190 but I'm not sure if thats just the dish or all the other bits included.
Not exactly sure. I paid €200 for the 125cm steel dish, wall mount, scaffolding pole and installation. The dish was about €105 and €30-€40 for the mount. €10 for the pole and about €10 for the LNB.

Really depends on the size of the dish and the make of LNB. If they are experiencing poor signal quality maybe a better quality expensive LNB is worth it however mine is a bog standard cheapo version.

I do believe captainmorgan from earlier on in the thread bought a 120cm dish from the same shop that supplies my antennista.

Last edited by duffer; Apr 5th 2008 at 2:18 pm.
Old Apr 10th 2008, 12:02 pm
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

First night of signal loss with the new dish last night. I presume it was due to the heavy rain... Although the signal readings were still 90% for strength and quality
Old Apr 10th 2008, 12:11 pm
Forum Regular

yellowdog is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by duffer
First night of signal loss with the new dish last night. I presume it was due to the heavy rain... Although the signal readings were still 90% for strength and quality
Hi. Thats good to know. I also realised why you paid less for the dish. Its because yours is in steel and the €200 one is in aluminum.

SO! England 3 Italy 0!
Old Apr 10th 2008, 12:15 pm
Pull my finger

SO! England 3 Italy 0!

I'll be supporting Barcelona to do the business on the Mancs! Obviously Liverpool will beat Chelsea.
Old Apr 10th 2008, 1:35 pm
Forum Regular

I'll be supporting Barcelona to do the business on the Mancs! Obviously Liverpool will beat Chelsea.
Don't want to bring you down but Gianluca Vialli thinks the final will be chelsea - man utd.
http://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/Primo_...0/vialli.shtml
As a Leeds fan I wouldn't like to see chelsea in the final or for that matter win. So come on the 'pool.
Old Apr 10th 2008, 3:14 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Don't want to bring you down but Gianluca Vialli thinks the final will be chelsea - man utd.
As a Leeds fan I wouldn't like to see chelsea in the final or for that matter win. So come on the 'pool.
Chelski 2 v Barca 1 ;-))
Old Apr 10th 2008, 3:15 pm
Pull my finger

Coming from an ex-Chelsea manager I'm not surprised!
Would you cheer for Man Ure, you being a Leeds fan, if they were playing Chelsea in the final?
Old Apr 10th 2008, 3:16 pm
Pull my finger

Originally Posted by jdr
Chelski 2 v Barca 1 ;-))
This is not going to happen :curse:
Old Apr 10th 2008, 3:22 pm
Forum Regular

Coming from an ex-Chelsea manager I'm not surprised!
Would you cheer for Man Ure, you being a Leeds fan, if they were playing Chelsea in the final?
I wouldn't exactly cheer for them but I would prefer from a football point of view for Man Utd to win. From a Leeds fan and a long long time ago service crew member I would not support either.
Old Apr 12th 2008, 7:40 pm
Just Joined

damon33 is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anybody know where I can buy a Sky freesat card in Italy?
dcswiftly?

Thanks
Old Apr 13th 2008, 10:38 am
Pull my finger

Originally Posted by damon33
Does anybody know where I can buy a Sky freesat card in Italy?
dcswiftly?

Thanks
Yeah I got mine from dcswiftly.
Old Apr 13th 2008, 11:04 am
Just Joined

damon33 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah I got mine from dcswiftly.
Any idea how I can contact him?
Old Apr 13th 2008, 11:54 am
Pull my finger

Originally Posted by damon33
Any idea how I can contact him?
I will PM you his contact details.
Old Apr 15th 2008, 6:27 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

I really wanted to watch the BBC however ITV will do.

The thing is that the dish is a communal one therefore if I moved it there might be some complaints from the rest of the people in the flat that they cannot see anything. Or do you think the signal from Sky Italia is a lot stronger so a slight change won't harm...

Where in Vicenza are you watching Sky UK from?
Did you get your Sky Tv sorted out ?
From Lorna

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.