Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Gardening by Post?

Gardening by Post?

Old Jan 22nd 2010, 10:49 am
Banned

bricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nice
Default Re: Gardening by Post?

as to the red all the houses here are red and white so when in rome, they all have red wall and fences so I am going along with it, ok once you get used to it, they even have red lampposts in the garden must be a puglia thing or lecce maybe
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 11:34 am
BE Enthusiast

angeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to all

Yea, like you I am finding it difficult to accept you probably can get most things here...like seeds....have just put order for more veg seeds in from uk as struggle to get choice here...maybe I am in a more remote place than you B, but if I want carrots this is 'THE' one you want and if I want squash this is 'THE' one you want etc.......maybe 'THE' one is the best I dont know yet as like you this is my first year so lots to learn.....and if red is the right colour so be it....Think sea-side life so different to inland, nice and querky - enjoy.
Here mountain colours very muted so look forward to trips to the beach when warmer...Have more seeds you may like see thread 'Seed swap' but know you now up to elbows in compost , seeds and sowing so prob NOT interested.....
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 11:43 am
Banned

bricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nice

I have never posted anything yet and don't know what to do ,can you get a book of stamps and use at will?if I want to post stuff to England to I assume I take it in the post office, the woman in the post office is very stern here so I better get it right, the post office here is only open till one each day
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 11:58 am
BE Enthusiast

angeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to all

Yes, the post office here is good entertainment value.... To melt the stern ladies heart you have to have exactly the right money which is difficult if you do not know how much things cost..so make sure you have a pocket full of change.....Our Postie (always friendly) more so now....When she saw the acorns knee high on parking area she said her pigs would like...and dropped off official postie box for me to fill,....not easy as mixed with gravel so had to sort ...took hours....sure she thought minutes !!! Still waiting for the sausages !!!!! Have bought a book of stamps before...unintentionally of course !!!!!!
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 12:07 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bricwood
I have never posted anything yet and don't know what to do ,can you get a book of stamps and use at will?if I want to post stuff to England to I assume I take it in the post office, the woman in the post office is very stern here so I better get it right, the post office here is only open till one each day
What's your local tabacciao like? Our's will weigh your letter and tell you if you've gone over the normal 62c cost to u.k. You can buy all the stamps you need there. Parcels, I take to the p.o. where they always want to know what I'm sending. Angeli is right about entertainment value, but they can test your patience to the limit and on the last day of the month they close earlier.
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 2:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

davehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant future

i was in rimini in september, posted 2 postcards from same place at the same time to same address in u.k. one arrived 3 days later just ten minutes after arriving back from airport other one is still missing in action.

my smilies have re-appeared a couple of days ago after a weekend away they worked for 2 days but arent working now! do we have to feed them or something?
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 3:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Post IS slow getting here...used to post small package (totally legal) weekly and always took 7 - 10 days but apart from mouse chewed edges was always more or less intact. Seeds I ordered uk didn't arrive, thats the only thing...got hoover, telly and cross-trainer c/o Amazon no probs.....still getting xmas cards posted 21.12.09 tho'......D'ornet why u re not enough
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 5:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

davehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant future

[QUOTE=angeli;8272805]Post IS slow getting here...

gad dammit theyre back again
i think they have a second job

thats a bit worrying that your (legal) package was sat somewhere long enough for mice to eat some of it cant be much movement in that depot
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 5:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Reason for late delivery of small (legal) packages is, I think, nearest PO town only delivers on a ***day here,( whichever is the right day that week) - always changing, - and then that depends on all sorts...if postie chatty and only able to deliver ???? post that day.....if weather not good....why get out of car in rain to give someone enel bill or, whatever............Just have to get used to fact that post is not 'THAT' important so no worries....(if 'THAT' important you'd know !!!
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 6:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by angeli
Reason for late delivery of small (legal) packages is, I think, nearest PO town only delivers on a ***day here,( whichever is the right day that week) - always changing, - and then that depends on all sorts...if postie chatty and only able to deliver ???? post that day.....if weather not good....why get out of car in rain to give someone enel bill or, whatever............Just have to get used to fact that post is not 'THAT' important so no worries....(if 'THAT' important you'd know !!!
how long have you lived in italy?
i wonder if people give their posties freebies (food, drink, half their wages)
to get their post delivered normally?
i know its all about who you know out there

we have always given milkman, binman and postgirl a christmas card with a few quid in. we always chat with the milkman when he knocks for money, he dropped an online account leaflet for us but said "please dont set it up as i enjoy chatting with my customers when i collect the payments"
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 8:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Really quick one......gosh this can be addictive.....
Me been here full time since Sept '09, O/H 4 yrs...i did commute thing, 10times a year then decided enough was enough so trying to spend most of time here but not easy as broke'ish.....so know will have to go back soon (couple of months) and work to live here....Not nice, but still would not have it any way...just settling in now and know its all change again soon......oh to win the lottery for a rich relative to leave me a stash....ummm dreams.....
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 8:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Really quick one......gosh this can be addictive.....
Me been here full time since Sept '09, O/H 4 yrs...i did commute thing, 10times a year then decided enough was enough so trying to spend most of time here but not easy as broke'ish.....so know will have to go back soon (couple of months) and work to live here....Not nice, but still would not have it any way...just settling in now and know its all change again soon......oh to win the lottery for a rich relative to leave me a stash....ummm dreams.....
i agree very addictive but worth it
and i thought my commute when i was at work of 9 miles was a bee-atch.
well my last commute in june was
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 12:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Was last commute flying to Rimini....only time I did that one was from Bristol we all boarded and then had to disembark as only one pilot ??? Had to fly another one in from Stansted....took off 2 hrs late....and to thnk I binned my breakfast to board first time as late getting to airport...what a waste of a muffin !!! Normally fly to Ancona c/o Ryanair, in last 50 flights only one cancelled and never more than max 1hr late so no complaints and cheap too.....never knock Ryanair, you get what you pay for and I never paid more than £70 and that was xmas time.......Back to uk this week for £9.00 return all inclusive no taxes, charges or on-line check-in...how brill is that !!!
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 1:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Was last commute flying to Rimini....only time I did that one was from Bristol we all boarded and then had to disembark as only one pilot ??? Had to fly another one in from Stansted....took off 2 hrs late....and to thnk I binned my breakfast to board first time as late getting to airport...what a waste of a muffin !!! Normally fly to Ancona c/o Ryanair, in last 50 flights only one cancelled and never more than max 1hr late so no complaints and cheap too.....never knock Ryanair, you get what you pay for and I never paid more than £70 and that was xmas time.......Back to uk this week for £9.00 return all inclusive no taxes, charges or on-line check-in...how brill is that !!!
sadly no. my last commute WAS 'flying', over the bonnet of an audi when he pulled out in front of me on my motorbike. that was in june and just had another op 2 weeks ago to fit a new (piece taken from my hip) bit of bone in my wrist.
hope the muffin wasnt a 'galaxy' one
theres been a right old rampage here about ryanair and their hidden charges
they are stupidly cheap before charges so even after all the extras they are still cheap. its probably better that way as you know exactly what you are paying for. unlike B.A etc, they charge you one amount which is pretty high and there is no breakdown of costs.
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 1:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

yeah...totally agree, I know what I am paying for with Ryanair...was lucky as worked very flexible days in uk so could always pick cheap (norm mid-week)flights, only had hand luggage, but did have a BIG 'Fagin' - remember 'Oliver' coat with 22 pockets so could stash loads of goodies in it, weighed it once and coat weighed 8.5 kilos !!!!! - books, plants, cheese and even more cheese and stuff stuffed into pockets....notebook down back of jeans etc just to get past 1st sec' check.....but always good fun....Whats wrong with people back home......always wingeingabout Ryanair....I love it......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.