Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

first time passport for my daughter

first time passport for my daughter

Old Mar 3rd 2011, 12:46 pm
Just Joined

nadia8 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default first time passport for my daughter

My name is nadia. I'm new to this but I was just wondering if anybody could help me with my paris passport application. I live here in italy with my Italian partner and 2 kids. I need to get a first time british passport for my daughter. I know I need to get her Italian birth certificate translated into english but want to know if I need to get it "certified" or something; it doesn't seem to say on the website. Last thing, do I have to send some other id apart from copy of my passport and full birth certificate?
sorry it's so long! thanks to anyone who can help.
Old Mar 3rd 2011, 12:52 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: first time passport for my daughter

Answered on your other thread too. Your comune should though not all do, be able to issue you with an 'estratto di nascitĂ  modello internazionale'. It's multi language. Don't know it it needs to be certified (too many years have past), but if you do, they comune can also do that for you.
Old Mar 3rd 2011, 3:07 pm
Forum Regular

Cashmere Kate is just really niceCashmere Kate is just really niceCashmere Kate is just really niceCashmere Kate is just really niceCashmere Kate is just really niceCashmere Kate is just really niceCashmere Kate is just really niceCashmere Kate is just really nice

I think this is the bit of the website you need:

http://ukinfrance.fco.gov.uk/en/help...child-passport

If the applicant was : Born outside the UK
You must include all of the following:

A photocopy of Parents' current ID (eg: driving licence, bank statement, student card, household bill);
Child's Original local (from the country they were born in) birth certificate*;
Copy of parent's passports;
Original Deed Poll/Statutory Declaration if the child's name has been changed since birth, together with 3 original forms of identification in the child's new name.
Original parents’ full (long version) birth certificate*; or Home Office certificates of registration or naturalisation
Original parent's marriage certificate* if child born before 1 July 2006;
Child's Original Naturalisation certificate if applicable;
Note*: if the child has a birth certificate issued by a British consulate or high commission, you can send that instead of birth/marriage certificates.

If you are sending the father's documents, we also need to see the parents' marriage certificate if the child was born before 1 July 2006.

Original Deed Poll/Statutory Declaration if the child's name has been changed since birth, together with 3 original forms of identification in the child's new name.
Old Mar 3rd 2011, 3:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

LivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the rough

fyi, you don't need to get the birth certificate translated. I even opened a UK bank account with the italian extract.
Old Mar 4th 2011, 6:01 pm
Just Joined

nadia8 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for all your replies. I'm going to go and see about a certificato internazionale. Hope my comune knows what it is because they are sometimes a bit behind the times!! thanks again
Old Mar 6th 2011, 7:54 pm
Forum Regular

MissSP is on a distinguished road

Hi Nadia8

I did this immediately for my little boy last year so that we could travel back to the UK for the first time with a British passport. You don't need to get anything translated - all you need is the original certified Atto di Nascita that the Comune gave you in Italian. All of the documents need to be the originals, including your Birth Certificate but the office in Paris send everything back by courier so there were no issues at all. You don't need any international certificates.

Don't go getting anything translated- it's absolutely not necessary - I did this last April so very recently - I can't imagine anything's changed since then.

Regards
Sarah

Last edited by MissSP; Mar 6th 2011 at 7:56 pm.
Old Mar 9th 2011, 3:13 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Strongly recommended to get a UK consular birth certificate as a proof of British nationality. Also as an English language birth certificate.

Passport is not that great long term, they expire, get lost/stolen, etc.

Child is probably also an Italian citizen. No problem to have both British and Italian passports.