Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Ferries from Italy to Greece

Ferries from Italy to Greece

Old Jun 13th 2004, 5:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute
Question Ferries from Italy to Greece

Hiya Guys
We're planning a 7 week camping holiday and intend to take a ferry from Italy to Greece, and back. We're a small family, with a 6 year old and 19 month old toddler.
I would really value some feedback from someone who has travelled this route... what are the ferries like? Are there any ferries to avoid? Would it be worth getting our own cabin, or are the alternatives OK?
We would be travelling up to Thessaloniki and into Halkidiki, to stay with my parents. What would it be like to travel between Igenomenitsa (sp?) and Thessaloniki, or between Patras and Thessaloniki?
Are there any must sees along the way?
Thankyou!
Larissa
Old Jun 30th 2004, 10:03 am
Just Joined

Tiiger is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Ferries from Italy to Greece

Originally posted by Larissa
Hiya Guys
We're planning a 7 week camping holiday and intend to take a ferry from Italy to Greece, and back. We're a small family, with a 6 year old and 19 month old toddler.
I would really value some feedback from someone who has travelled this route... what are the ferries like? Are there any ferries to avoid? Would it be worth getting our own cabin, or are the alternatives OK?
We would be travelling up to Thessaloniki and into Halkidiki, to stay with my parents. What would it be like to travel between Igenomenitsa (sp?) and Thessaloniki, or between Patras and Thessaloniki?
Are there any must sees along the way?
Thankyou!
Larissa
Hey Larissa!

I have just finished my graduation paper about Lesvos island and in the procces of writing it I had a great help from the web page www.gtp.gr
from there you can go to a special ferry pages and all. Ferries in Greece are quite ok. Like everywhere you can take a cheaper one that has less facilities and also very good ferries with all possible facilities.
Old Jun 30th 2004, 5:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Tiiger, all the best with your studies.
Old Jul 1st 2004, 8:01 am
Just Joined

Tiiger is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking

Originally posted by Larissa
Thanks Tiiger, all the best with your studies.

thnx! Now I finished with my graduation paper and its presentated to the grade "VERY GOOD":lecture:
And I´`m planning my trip to Greece as well. I hope that your trip will go great !