Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Fat people - I need help

Fat people - I need help

Old Mar 7th 2013, 12:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

angeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to all
Default Re: Fat people - I need help

Originally Posted by duffer
Good morning Everyone!

Thanks so much for all the responses, they are helping me greatly and I think I'm beginning to piece together slowly what I need to do.

I'm putting the tape worm on hold for the moment in case it eats my trouser snake in its sleep.

So, today I am 86.1kg meaning I've increased 0.3kg since yesterday and I thought I didn't eat that much. Instead of ice cream or a sweet I had fruit both after lunch and dinner. So why have I increased? Sausages and mash for lunch and dinner?

Becks, somebody else also mentioned to me this Horizon program on fasting but I've never actually come across anyone who's actually tried it. This is very interesting and I think I'd like to give it a go. So I have a couple of questions if you don't mind please -

1. I think 2 consecutive days fasting would be too much for me too. How many days do you leave between fasting days?
2. On the other days you would just eat normally or are you also cutting out stuff? I mean, I'd still need to cut out pane, pasta e patate, right?
3. This high calorie day, does that mean this is my cheat day when I can eat pizza and ice cream? Or should I also cut out fatty stuff and just eat a lot of other stuff?
4. Could you suggest what a typical fasting day would mean in terms of breakfast, lunch and dinner? 600 calories is not a lot. My milkshakes were a 1000 calories!!

Angeli, did you get any info on this as well?

Pecora, I'm surrounded by too many women to catch man-flu. Post me a used tissue please.
Duffer, Becks is more in the know than me.....But....good news is the 600 cals....500 for women days can be any days you want.....so maybe a Monday and Thurs would suit social life ? I too am going to give it a go.....!
Old Mar 7th 2013, 12:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to behold

Actually I read that you burn more calories eating celery than you consume. So in theory I could eat several Magnums and then just keep munching on celery all day long. At the end of the day I would've consumed hardly any calories. Are there any other foods I could eat which would just burn calories?
There is something else you can eat all day long and which will burn calories, but if I put it on here.

1) The moderators will ban me.
2) Mrs Sensible will hit me with a big stick.

So you will have to think hard
Old Mar 7th 2013, 12:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by angeli
Duffer, Becks is more in the know than me.....But....good news is the 600 cals....500 for women days can be any days you want.....so maybe a Monday and Thurs would suit social life ? I too am going to give it a go.....!
What a cool diet, Eat all the calories this year and do the fasting next year.
Old Mar 7th 2013, 12:40 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

I've got nothing against fat people. In fact, some fat people are like normal people. There are a couple of fat girls I know and they have really beautiful faces, amazing in fact, just that everything else is let down by their desire to stuff their faces. So I need to do something before I turn into a fat bird.

So this fasting diet is the plan, I will fast tomorrow but could anyone recommend an app which gives all the dietary info for most Italian foods? 600 calories is not a lot so I'd like to stretch it to as many snacks as possible throughout the day.

You really shouldn't fast without getting a check-up first. Especially as you are no longer 20 something.

Write down all you eat for a week and the calories/fat content. You'll get a shock!

And yes, we do love Duffer. Most of the time...............
Old Mar 7th 2013, 12:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud of

Actually I read that you burn more calories eating celery than you consume. So in theory I could eat several Magnums and then just keep munching on celery all day long. At the end of the day I would've consumed hardly any calories. Are there any other foods I could eat which would just burn calories?
..not true ..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Negative_calorie_food

Old Mar 7th 2013, 12:55 pm
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by angeli
Great, when are you starting? I was thinking to start tomorrow with a greek yoghurt for breakfast, apples and bananas for lunch but I haven't got a clue for dinner and when I haven't got a clue, I open a bottle of Prosecco. I'm not buying any more booze but I've got this 1 last bottle chilling in the fridge.

Becks, where are you love? I hope you haven't had a relapse and OD'd on ice cream please . Is alcohol allowed on high calorie days. Also, should a high calorie day be the day after a fasting day?

Originally Posted by Pecora Nera
There is something else you can eat all day long and which will burn calories, but if I put it on here.

1) The moderators will ban me.
2) Mrs Sensible will hit me with a big stick.

So you will have to think hard
Hmmm... something rude, that'll get you banned and almost certainly offensive? So it's not a Tanzanian albino long distance runner then?

Originally Posted by 37100
Write down all you eat for a week and the calories/fat content. You'll get a shock!

And yes, we do love Duffer. Most of the time...............

Is there an app that could do that?

I didn't realise I had to do all these check-ups. Especially the prostate. And my doctor is also my dentist.
Old Mar 7th 2013, 12:59 pm
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MarkRD
I don't like celery anyway!
Old Mar 7th 2013, 1:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud of

I don't like celery anyway!
Dip it in ice cream!
Old Mar 7th 2013, 1:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

HADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MarkRD
Dip it in ice cream!
NOW NOW don't tempt him when we are all , reasonably seriously , trying to help him shape up in time for the trade fair season . Plus if this 5+2 diet business works for him I'll give it a go myself ... maybe you nedd to loose a few pounds yourself ?
Old Mar 7th 2013, 1:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by HADENOUGHPIZZA
NOW NOW don't tempt him when we are all , reasonably seriously , trying to help him shape up in time for the trade fair season . Plus if this 5+2 diet business works for him I'll give it a go myself ... maybe you nedd to loose a few pounds yourself ?
I lost 7 kgs last year using the method I said .. drastic reduction in carbs (especially bread), no alcohol and lots of fruit and veg ...

.. now I'm a veggie too, and there's never been a better time to be one!
Old Mar 7th 2013, 1:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Serrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't realise I had to do all these check-ups. Especially the prostate. And my doctor is also my dentist.
Just make sure that he/she checks your teeth first, then your prostate. Not the other way round.
Old Mar 7th 2013, 1:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

HADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond repute

can't somehow envisage Duffer as a low alcohol vegetarian ...
Old Mar 7th 2013, 2:06 pm
Back in US & happy!

becks_r has a reputation beyond reputebecks_r has a reputation beyond reputebecks_r has a reputation beyond reputebecks_r has a reputation beyond reputebecks_r has a reputation beyond reputebecks_r has a reputation beyond reputebecks_r has a reputation beyond reputebecks_r has a reputation beyond reputebecks_r has a reputation beyond reputebecks_r has a reputation beyond reputebecks_r has a reputation beyond repute

Good morning Everyone!

Thanks so much for all the responses, they are helping me greatly and I think I'm beginning to piece together slowly what I need to do.

I'm putting the tape worm on hold for the moment in case it eats my trouser snake in its sleep.

So, today I am 86.1kg meaning I've increased 0.3kg since yesterday and I thought I didn't eat that much. Instead of ice cream or a sweet I had fruit both after lunch and dinner. So why have I increased? Sausages and mash for lunch and dinner?

Becks, somebody else also mentioned to me this Horizon program on fasting but I've never actually come across anyone who's actually tried it. This is very interesting and I think I'd like to give it a go. So I have a couple of questions if you don't mind please -

1. I think 2 consecutive days fasting would be too much for me too. How many days do you leave between fasting days?
2. On the other days you would just eat normally or are you also cutting out stuff? I mean, I'd still need to cut out pane, pasta e patate, right?
3. This high calorie day, does that mean this is my cheat day when I can eat pizza and ice cream? Or should I also cut out fatty stuff and just eat a lot of other stuff?
4. Could you suggest what a typical fasting day would mean in terms of breakfast, lunch and dinner? 600 calories is not a lot. My milkshakes were a 1000 calories!!

Angeli, did you get any info on this as well?

Pecora, I'm surrounded by too many women to catch man-flu. Post me a used tissue please.
Ok answers to your questions:

I tend to fast on Tuesday and Thursday, or Monday and Wednesday. Depends on what I am doing, I don't fast on days I'm going out, although I do figure I could skip food and have wine instead

But sometimes it will be Monday and Friday, or Tuesday and Saturday - all depends on what days are the easiest.

On the other days I eat what I like, but I have to say after a few weeks I found I didn't eat as much on the non fast days - but really you can eat normally.

The feast day - I tend to eat normally during the day and have a huge meal in evening with cocktails, wine, cheese, steak etc. You just have to have higher calories to kick start the hormone.

And a typical fast day - I tend to eat breakfast as late as possible, which is easy for me as I often don't feel hungry first thing. And breakfast is cereal and milk. Then I have lots of tea or coffee during day and often skip lunch. Then I eat dinner and I tend to make a veg stir fry, veg curry, or white fish and veg. Most veg are low in calories so you can eat loads for say 300 - 400 calories.

So my breakfast is about 130 calories, and my dinner is around 400, but as I said loads of veg can be about 300 and then you could have another bowl of cereal for lunch or a salad. You have to avoid pasta, potatoes, rice on these days but have them back on all the others.

And it really works - the first couple of weeks the fast days are the hardest and I have heard some people get headaches in the first few weeks, but I didn't. I found it easy cos on the fast days I knew I would have something wonderful the next day

Oh one more thing to remember, weighing every day does mean you see your weight going up and down and it is annoying when you weigh more than yesterday. Most diet books say weigh weekly - it gives a better idea of how the weight is going. You don't want to lose weight too quickly, that isn't good for you either. Then also remember muscle weighs more than fat, so at some stage the weight will be deceptive. I don't weigh myself - I judge by what fits, how I look and can I walk faster with the dog and be able to breath (she hates me being fitter, means she has to walk faster too)

Hope this helps - I did look at some websites, so I will try and find them again for you, and feel free to ask more questions if you want.
Old Mar 7th 2013, 2:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Have you been for a visit to your doctor to confirm that there arent any medical problems? Get the ok and then be referred to nutritionist for a menu and weigh in.

Now that spring is in the air (well at least on the west coast of canada), get out and start walking. Short distances at first and then increase as you can. Grab the dog and take him/her for walk on the beach.

Good luck wih your weight challenged journey......
Old Mar 7th 2013, 2:20 pm
Back in US & happy!

becks_r has a reputation beyond reputebecks_r has a reputation beyond reputebecks_r has a reputation beyond reputebecks_r has a reputation beyond reputebecks_r has a reputation beyond reputebecks_r has a reputation beyond reputebecks_r has a reputation beyond reputebecks_r has a reputation beyond reputebecks_r has a reputation beyond reputebecks_r has a reputation beyond reputebecks_r has a reputation beyond repute

Great, when are you starting? I was thinking to start tomorrow with a greek yoghurt for breakfast, apples and bananas for lunch but I haven't got a clue for dinner and when I haven't got a clue, I open a bottle of Prosecco. I'm not buying any more booze but I've got this 1 last bottle chilling in the fridge.

Becks, where are you love? I hope you haven't had a relapse and OD'd on ice cream please . Is alcohol allowed on high calorie days. Also, should a high calorie day be the day after a fasting day?

Hmmm... something rude, that'll get you banned and almost certainly offensive? So it's not a Tanzanian albino long distance runner then?

Is there an app that could do that?

Just seen these additional questions - sorry I was spending the last few days trying to unpack all my stuff that arrived out of storage and shipping a few weeks ago and I need to put a claim in this week. Also had to sort flights and car hire as I have to go back to UK for my dads funeral - and I find searching for car hire a PITA, don't know how people do it.....

Anyway, I'm here now - yes you can have alcohol on feast days - in fact I probably have a drink every day other than the fast ones. And I tend to fit in the really high calorie day at the weekend as it makes more sense to me, so it can be either straight after a fast day or a couple of days later. I haven't found it makes a lot of difference, but I know some people on this eating pattern find they like a day of normal eating straight after the fast, then the day after that is the feast day. Oh and beware of bananas - they are about 120 calories alone

What I like about it is it can be flexible - fast on days that make sense to you, can be different days one week to another and I stop bothering when I'm on holiday or times like Christmas - life is way too short to give up on gorgeous food and drink at times like that. I also found you need to experiment a bit, I tried the 2 days together and it was a killer, but some people find it easier - so you will work out a pattern that works for you, and don't beat yourself up if you don't manage one week, just go back to it the next week and you will be fine

Good luck, and again any questions, feel free to ask

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.