Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Fat people - I need help

Fat people - I need help

Old Mar 6th 2013, 5:21 pm
Back in US & happy!

becks_r has a reputation beyond reputebecks_r has a reputation beyond reputebecks_r has a reputation beyond reputebecks_r has a reputation beyond reputebecks_r has a reputation beyond reputebecks_r has a reputation beyond reputebecks_r has a reputation beyond reputebecks_r has a reputation beyond reputebecks_r has a reputation beyond reputebecks_r has a reputation beyond reputebecks_r has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fat people - I need help

Originally Posted by angeli
Friends of mine are doing something 2 x days a week to reduce weight loss. Only approx 500 cals for the 2 days.....can be any day you choose....also lowers blood pressure etc etc....will find out more and report back......
its probably the same as I do - its called the 5:2 diet and was shown on Horizon on the BBC - it really does work and does help with lowering blood pressure, making you much healthier etc. I changed it slightly by adding the feast meal once a week and it has worked - my blood pressure is the lowest it has ever been
Old Mar 6th 2013, 6:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to behold

There has been a lot of good advice given to Duffer on here, but I still think the tapeworm option is by far the best.
Old Mar 6th 2013, 6:46 pm
Back in US & happy!

becks_r has a reputation beyond reputebecks_r has a reputation beyond reputebecks_r has a reputation beyond reputebecks_r has a reputation beyond reputebecks_r has a reputation beyond reputebecks_r has a reputation beyond reputebecks_r has a reputation beyond reputebecks_r has a reputation beyond reputebecks_r has a reputation beyond reputebecks_r has a reputation beyond reputebecks_r has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pecora Nera
There has been a lot of good advice given to Duffer on here, but I still think the tapeworm option is by far the best.
a friend of mine, in her 40s now, still has the need to give things she comes into contact with names, so there is Simon the Stapler, maggie the mobile phone and (my favourite) Roger the ruler - I wonder if Duffer will feel the need to give his tapeworm a name......
Old Mar 6th 2013, 6:50 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by becks_r
its probably the same as I do - its called the 5:2 diet and was shown on Horizon on the BBC - it really does work and does help with lowering blood pressure, making you much healthier etc. I changed it slightly by adding the feast meal once a week and it has worked - my blood pressure is the lowest it has ever been
one surefire way of reducing blood pressure - don't get stressed !!
instead of kicking the cat or shouting or things about or whatever when things go wrong just - LAUGH.

you may frighten the dog or the BH but WTH, you will honestly feel better for it

our lives are made up of stressful things, but it is us that make them so important, so just chill out.

Old Mar 6th 2013, 9:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond repute

Wow Duffer! How much do people love and care for you to be so responsive?
They (we) don't care if you're a bit wobbly in places 'cos you're such a great guy and that's what matters most!
Hurrah for Duffer x
Old Mar 7th 2013, 7:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Pecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to behold

Duffer, go and catch a bit of man flu. I have been poorly for 2 weeks and I can now see my feet without breathing in.

Mrs Sensible has finally had enough of playing nurse, so this morning I am going to see our doctor.
Old Mar 7th 2013, 7:16 am
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

Good morning Everyone!

Thanks so much for all the responses, they are helping me greatly and I think I'm beginning to piece together slowly what I need to do.

I'm putting the tape worm on hold for the moment in case it eats my trouser snake in its sleep.

So, today I am 86.1kg meaning I've increased 0.3kg since yesterday and I thought I didn't eat that much. Instead of ice cream or a sweet I had fruit both after lunch and dinner. So why have I increased? Sausages and mash for lunch and dinner?

Becks, somebody else also mentioned to me this Horizon program on fasting but I've never actually come across anyone who's actually tried it. This is very interesting and I think I'd like to give it a go. So I have a couple of questions if you don't mind please -

1. I think 2 consecutive days fasting would be too much for me too. How many days do you leave between fasting days?
2. On the other days you would just eat normally or are you also cutting out stuff? I mean, I'd still need to cut out pane, pasta e patate, right?
3. This high calorie day, does that mean this is my cheat day when I can eat pizza and ice cream? Or should I also cut out fatty stuff and just eat a lot of other stuff?
4. Could you suggest what a typical fasting day would mean in terms of breakfast, lunch and dinner? 600 calories is not a lot. My milkshakes were a 1000 calories!!

Angeli, did you get any info on this as well?

Pecora, I'm surrounded by too many women to catch man-flu. Post me a used tissue please.
Old Mar 7th 2013, 7:42 am
BE Enthusiast

LivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by duffer
Good morning Everyone!

Thanks so much for all the responses, they are helping me greatly and I think I'm beginning to piece together slowly what I need to do.

I'm putting the tape worm on hold for the moment in case it eats my trouser snake in its sleep.

So, today I am 86.1kg meaning I've increased 0.3kg since yesterday and I thought I didn't eat that much. Instead of ice cream or a sweet I had fruit both after lunch and dinner. So why have I increased? Sausages and mash for lunch and dinner?

Becks, somebody else also mentioned to me this Horizon program on fasting but I've never actually come across anyone who's actually tried it. This is very interesting and I think I'd like to give it a go. So I have a couple of questions if you don't mind please -

1. I think 2 consecutive days fasting would be too much for me too. How many days do you leave between fasting days?
2. On the other days you would just eat normally or are you also cutting out stuff? I mean, I'd still need to cut out pane, pasta e patate, right?
3. This high calorie day, does that mean this is my cheat day when I can eat pizza and ice cream? Or should I also cut out fatty stuff and just eat a lot of other stuff?
4. Could you suggest what a typical fasting day would mean in terms of breakfast, lunch and dinner? 600 calories is not a lot. My milkshakes were a 1000 calories!!

Angeli, did you get any info on this as well?

Pecora, I'm surrounded by too many women to catch man-flu. Post me a used tissue please.
My OH was in a similar position to you, Duffer. When your son tells you that you have got flabby its time to act. He does sprint runs (something like six sprints of 100m twice a week) and sit ups and press ups. He also bought a 20kg weights vest so whenever he walks - which is a lot - he carries extra weight on his body. Looks a bit like a suicide vest but its working. The other thing that he started to do is eat more protein (I mean a lot more) and hardly any carbs.
Still drinks and I have to hide the smarties.
Old Mar 7th 2013, 8:08 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by LivingHere
The other thing that he started to do is eat more protein (I mean a lot more) and hardly any carbs.
Still drinks and I have to hide the smarties.
Yup, like I said reduce the carbs and up the proteins .. avoiding any horse-meat additives wherever possible.

Drink lots of water!
Old Mar 7th 2013, 11:25 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by conniewalker
Wow Duffer! How much do people love and care for you to be so responsive?
They (we) don't care if you're a bit wobbly in places 'cos you're such a great guy and that's what matters most!
Hurrah for Duffer x
Are you mad Connie?
His ego is already massive without these kind of compliments.
Old Mar 7th 2013, 11:35 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud of

I think this is why so many people are concerned about him ..

Even sex is not what it once was. Maybe this is in direct correlation with my weight? The more I put on the less I put in?
Old Mar 7th 2013, 12:13 pm
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

I've got nothing against fat people. In fact, some fat people are like normal people. There are a couple of fat girls I know and they have really beautiful faces, amazing in fact, just that everything else is let down by their desire to stuff their faces. So I need to do something before I turn into a fat bird.

So this fasting diet is the plan, I will fast tomorrow but could anyone recommend an app which gives all the dietary info for most Italian foods? 600 calories is not a lot so I'd like to stretch it to as many snacks as possible throughout the day.

Old Mar 7th 2013, 12:19 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

I've got nothing against fat people. In fact, some fat people are like normal people. There are a couple of fat girls I know and they have really beautiful faces, amazing in fact, just that everything else is let down by their desire to stuff their faces. So I need to do something before I turn into a fat bird.

So this fasting diet is the plan, I will fast tomorrow but could anyone recommend an app which gives all the dietary info for most Italian foods? 600 calories is not a lot so I'd like to stretch it to as many snacks as possible throughout the day.

Oh dear. How terribly un PC Duffer.
Fat people are normal people. They're just fat.
Is "fat" even allowed in the over controlled PC world?

Put all Brando's snacks and treats in a locked box and give your wife the key.
Do not get a copy of the key for yourself and do not attack it with a sledgehammer at 2am because you know that treats are in there.
Old Mar 7th 2013, 12:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

It is dead easy.

There are 260 Calories in a classic Magnum, so you can have 2 of those to start with, then waste the renaming 80 calories on carrots & celery.

I hope this helps.
Old Mar 7th 2013, 12:28 pm
Pull my finger

Originally Posted by Pecora Nera
It is dead easy.

There are 260 Calories in a classic Magnum, so you can have 2 of those to start with, then waste the renaming 80 calories on carrots & celery.

I hope this helps.
Actually I read that you burn more calories eating celery than you consume. So in theory I could eat several Magnums and then just keep munching on celery all day long. At the end of the day I would've consumed hardly any calories. Are there any other foods I could eat which would just burn calories?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.