Reload this Page >

Expat run B&B in or around Lucca

Expat run B&B in or around Lucca

Old Mar 14th 2011, 8:04 pm
Just Joined

Dani E is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Expat run B&B in or around Lucca

Hi everyone,

I am after an English or American run B&B to stay in for a week or two around Lucca, does anyone know of one?

Thanks
Old Mar 16th 2011, 6:14 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Expat run B&B in or around Lucca

I have to ask - why??!

As in why expat run??
Old Mar 16th 2011, 7:01 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by TestaRossa
I have to ask - why??!

As in why expat run??
lol! Quite simply, we are planning to open a B&B and thought we could kill two birds with one stone by networking with expats in the area we are considering of moving to and picking brains about running a B&B in Italy. My husband doesn't speak Italian yet and so it is important for him to be able to ask the questions and hear the answers for himself rather than through my (sometimes dodgy) translation!!
Old Mar 16th 2011, 7:36 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

Ah!! I don't know any in the area you are looking at but I know someone who runs one up in Piemonte, Diana Strinati Baur - if you google her she should come up under her blog "A certain simplicity." I'm sure she would be happy to answer questions but I also know she networks with other B&B owners, many of whom are expats or married to Italians. Another one to look for is Brigolante apartments. Rebecca is also an English speaker and they are in Umbria. Sorry I don't know any in your area but talking to non-competitors might be better anyway...Gelato may also add her voice if she sees this as her OH runs one down in Rome..
Old Mar 16th 2011, 8:20 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for that, very helpful , everything is still up in the air but I will certainly make contact when we do figure out what on earth we are doing First a visit to the area to work out if that is where we want to be!