Reload this Page >

Europe / Italy / Sicily?

Europe / Italy / Sicily?

Old Nov 1st 2011, 2:05 pm
Hil
Forum Regular

Hil is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Europe / Italy / Sicily?

Hey! Peace Out. How about those of us who live in and love Sicily just continue to share our thoughts, advice etc? The more of us that post info and experience, the more likely the thready thing will move up the order.
6 Months, we don't know Acitrezza, and I had no idea there was any surfing about. Fab. My husband used to surf quite a bit. And I am from California originally, so although I am a little paddler, I love watching surfing. See now we'll have to take another trip to the east coast, always a pleasure anyway. 3 years ago, for our friends 50th, she was climbing Etna, while we were holding down the campsite on the beach, and fell in love with the ladders bolted to the rock, and the truly wine dark sea.
Old Nov 1st 2011, 2:57 pm
Forum Regular

maltaman is a splendid one to beholdmaltaman is a splendid one to beholdmaltaman is a splendid one to beholdmaltaman is a splendid one to beholdmaltaman is a splendid one to beholdmaltaman is a splendid one to beholdmaltaman is a splendid one to beholdmaltaman is a splendid one to beholdmaltaman is a splendid one to beholdmaltaman is a splendid one to beholdmaltaman is a splendid one to behold

Hi sixmonthshereandthere, Thanks for plugging the Malta forum, as is implied it is quiet and more people need to use it, it is a fairly new sub forum and many people that would have frequented it in the past have been lost by it's abscence, in time that might change hopefully, then people will be asking for a Gozo forum, doesn't the fact that amassing 45 replies on this thread on Sicily (although most of them are yours) in such a short time tell you that your information is getting through. There are day trips to Sicily from Malta at a very reasonable cost, i might come over next summer and race you up that mountain.
Old Nov 1st 2011, 2:58 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 6monthshere6monthsthere

Your post has irritated me enough to reply

1 - I am aware Sicily is not a country, thanks though

2 - Etna - 4 posts 2 by me -

this PROVES my frikkin point - IF there were a Sicily subforum this thread would be available for much longer and people in SICILY might find it, fact is its on page 2 and likely to disappear !!!

Nothing like being patronised to guarantee someone responds

I could do without another reply
If I'd wanted to be patronising I'd have counted all the posts and divided them into regions. I wonder which region posts they most?

And as for not replying. You asked the question in the first place. Are we only supposed to write what you want to read?
Old Nov 1st 2011, 3:05 pm
Banned

Cuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to behold

Whatever happened to people being laid-back and relaxed by the Med lifestyle.
You're all as cranky as Northern Europeans in the middle of a bad winter and it's only just November !
Old Nov 1st 2011, 3:14 pm
Forum Regular

maltaman is a splendid one to beholdmaltaman is a splendid one to beholdmaltaman is a splendid one to beholdmaltaman is a splendid one to beholdmaltaman is a splendid one to beholdmaltaman is a splendid one to beholdmaltaman is a splendid one to beholdmaltaman is a splendid one to beholdmaltaman is a splendid one to beholdmaltaman is a splendid one to beholdmaltaman is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Cuthbert Rizla
You're all as cranky as Northern Europeans in the middle of a bad winter and it's only just November !
You should all pay Malta/Gozo a visit it's so laid back here sometimes i think i died and went to heaven.
Old Nov 1st 2011, 3:17 pm
Banned

Cuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by maltaman
You should all pay Malta/Gozo a visit it's so laid back here sometimes i think i died and went to heaven.
I might just do that.
I'm bored with having a holiday home in Spain and the other place I'm buying in Florida is really for the winter only.
Tell me about Gozo.
All-year round ? Plenty going on ? Friendly locals ? Cheap wine ? Not anythin like the Costa Del Crap ?
Old Nov 1st 2011, 3:19 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cuthbert Rizla
Might have something to do with the earthquakes we've had the last few days.

Originally Posted by maltaman
Love to visit. Keep meaning too. Not sure about 6mnths though. It's not his fav place.
Old Nov 1st 2011, 3:28 pm
Forum Regular

C R. Gozo is a beautiful place for a quiet holiday, Not great weather dec, to march, plenty going on without having the night life and noise parts of Malta has, both are very friendly and mostly English speaking. Many of my friends and family prefer Gozo. I have never been there so far, 37100 hope you do soon, sixmonths might try Sliema, i think it would be good for him.

Last edited by maltaman; Nov 1st 2011 at 3:31 pm. Reason: typo
Old Nov 2nd 2011, 12:47 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

For anyone who may not know, near the top of the screen is a pinky/peach toolbar. Eight links along from the left is 'search'. Click on that, then on 'advanced search' or even just on 'search' if you so wish, type 'Sicily' in the box and lo and behold, all threads mentioning 'Sicily' will appear.

Obviously this particular method doesn't work if you want to find threads/posts talking about 'Pisa' or 'New York' but if you enter the keyword you are interested in, the results are similar, if different.
Old Feb 19th 2012, 1:51 am
Just Joined

EPSON is an unknown quantity at this point

We dont live on Sicily, yet, but have just sold our property in Thailand and will be moving there at the end of April.
We will need some cheap accommodation for about 6 months while we look at and buy property. So far we have found nothing. All we can find on the internet is expensive holiday lets. So, if you have or know anybody who has a cheap property to let for a minimum of 6 months in the south of Sicily please let us know.
The sort of property we are looking for is a stone farmhouse with some land (1000+ mt) that we can restore. It doesnt have to be near the beach.

Thanks
Old Feb 20th 2012, 6:26 am
Hil
Forum Regular

Hil is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Epson, where in Southern Sicily are you looking. I can recommend some possibilties in and around Cianciana, otherwise for long-term rentals in general check Sicilian estate agencies (click on affitare/affito) You'll find there are quite a few options. If you want to PM me, I'll tell you about Cianciana. Ciao!
Old Feb 21st 2012, 11:01 am
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute

Threads disappear because they are no longer relevant or of little interest. That is the nature of the beast. A sub forum with information from years ago is of no use to anyone IMO

HI Epson - what sort of thing do yo u want to rent? 6 months from April - takes you over the high season. If you're looking down in the Val di Noto - Siracusa, Noto, Modica, Ragusa, we may be able to help.
Old Feb 25th 2012, 11:07 am
Banned

6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute

Lots of your members have left, I know this as I emailed everyone that posted on Sicily and found that the issue was the same for many.

I got messages back with alternate places to go, hence the reason I have not been on here for 3 months and the people who gave me the info the same.

6 months after asking directions from Palermo to Catania, it is still relevant to someone who is looking to fly to sicily and wondering how to travel between the main cities.

Anyway, your site is pushing members away
Old Feb 25th 2012, 12:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

HADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down Re: Europe / Italy / Sicily?

This is a little unkind of you , I looked at a lot of forums before joining and thought that this one had the livliest and friendliest people on it and they have made me very welcome !
Old Feb 25th 2012, 12:17 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by 6monthshere6monthsthere
Lots of your members have left, I know this as I emailed everyone that posted on Sicily and found that the issue was the same for many.

I got messages back with alternate places to go, hence the reason I have not been on here for 3 months and the people who gave me the info the same.

6 months after asking directions from Palermo to Catania, it is still relevant to someone who is looking to fly to sicily and wondering how to travel between the main cities.

Anyway, your site is pushing members away
Gotta ask; so just why are you back posting here?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.