Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Equitalia how to pay online?

Equitalia how to pay online?

Old Dec 13th 2016, 7:59 pm
Just Joined

Maria_1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Equitalia how to pay online?

My mother and I spent two weeks of our summer holiday visiting various agencies to pay various bills dating back to 2003. Now back in London, Equitalia have sent us a bill for 119,00 euros! We have paid over 6,000 euros in August with all the bills we supposedly haven't paid. This one is for "Imposta sostitutiva locazione immob.uso abitativo-cedolare secca sanz tardivo" Even though we explicitly told Equitalia that we reside in London and that we want to pay all monies owed, they assured us that no previous bills will be sent. We have just received a bill dated 27/8/16 on 11/12/16! I want to pay online before this amount escalates excessively. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
Maria
Old Dec 13th 2016, 9:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Geordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Equitalia how to pay online?

You say they sent a bill? Does it not give details of how to pay IBAN etc.. If it does make a SEPA payment by bank or company like Transferwise or CurrencyFair. However the bill subject makes no sense to me... Best of luck sorting it out.
Old Dec 14th 2016, 4:07 am
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute

You might work with your Mum's accountant. Equitalia could have more unpaid bills to give you.
Old Dec 14th 2016, 5:22 am
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute

There might be a BIC code and IBAN on the bill to pay by bank transfer - in tiny writing somewhere.....
Old Dec 14th 2016, 6:35 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

How did Equitalia send you the bill?

I have received several emails from them lately all saying I haven't paid some bill or other. They look very proper and professional until I noticed that one line said: scaricare qui il fattura. That il with fattura was a warning sign to me that it might be a scam so I went off to the comune. A nice man there checked the computers for me to see if I had any arrears going back to 2014 and he told me "no - no outstanding bills Lorna."
Scamming bastards.
Old Dec 14th 2016, 6:56 am
BE Enthusiast

jonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
How did Equitalia send you the bill?

I have received several emails from them lately all saying I haven't paid some bill or other. They look very proper and professional until I noticed that one line said: scaricare qui il fattura. That il with fattura was a warning sign to me that it might be a scam so I went off to the comune. A nice man there checked the computers for me to see if I had any arrears going back to 2014 and he told me "no - no outstanding bills Lorna."
Scamming bastards.
Yes, I don't think the tax authorities send invoices or bills via email. These things are always spam - it's important that you don't open any of the links or download anything. They're often trying to get your bank or credit card details.
As far as I know, all communications from the taxman or INPS come through the normal post.
Old Dec 14th 2016, 7:25 am
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute

How is Equitalia working? Do they collect money for government agencies? Unpaid taxes?
Old Dec 14th 2016, 7:52 am
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute

If youget a pec or certified email account then INPS and all agencies will send you emails - its the same as registered post. For a tenner a year its a good investment - seeing that one registered letter is going to cost 5 euros from 1 Jan.
Old Dec 14th 2016, 10:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Geordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by modicasa
If youget a pec or certified email account then INPS and all agencies will send you emails - its the same as registered post. For a tenner a year its a good investment - seeing that one registered letter is going to cost 5 euros from 1 Jan.
Just out of curiosity Modicasa does that mean bank email like that of the post office can be used or do you have to do something else to get this PEC?
Old Dec 14th 2016, 1:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

The PO do have pec addresses, but otherwise aruba do them, or pec.it and so on - google pec and there are loads of providers. Aruba is cheapest i think - 5 euros a year
Old Dec 14th 2016, 1:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Poste Italiane - PEC privati
5.50 a year with the Post Office - apply online.
Old Dec 14th 2016, 2:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks Modicasa, I did a "duckduckgo" search on it It would seem Italy is a bit ahead of everyone else for a change, but unsure about the implementation ( compulsory for business or not). To me it seems a great idea and one that's been a little late in coming.
Old Dec 15th 2016, 5:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Its been compulsory for any business for 2 years. All your communications from INPS and the CCIAA arrive via pec.