Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

The English at the prow of the ship

The English at the prow of the ship

Old Jun 8th 2017, 7:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute
Default The English at the prow of the ship

Corriere della Sera has put England at the front of the European ship. Likely to get sunk on its own.
http://http://www.corriere.it/sette/...incipale.shtml
Old Jun 8th 2017, 8:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Geordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The English at the prow of the ship

... not too sure what happened to the link Phil? But think this one is it ? Ha! when I went to add my copy of the link I think I see what happened. The "http://" bit is already there and has been copied again...
Old Jun 8th 2017, 8:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Geordieborn
... not too sure what happened to the link Phil? But think this one is it ? Ha! when I went to add my copy of the link I think I see what happened. The "http://" bit is already there and has been copied again...
Yes you are right. I like the thing about the Italians not paying their debts.
Old Jun 9th 2017, 5:02 am
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute

As anyone knows who has travelled on the prow of a ship, it's where you feel most seasick.
Old Jun 9th 2017, 9:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Geordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond repute

I bet there is a lot of sick people around this morning in the UK, not knowing what is to happen and likely feeling no one can benefit no matter what does happen!
Old Jun 9th 2017, 7:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Geordieborn
I bet there is a lot of sick people around this morning in the UK, not knowing what is to happen and likely feeling no one can benefit no matter what does happen!
Northern Ireland just won the lottery. Not much chance of a hard border with Ireland either. What a muddle!
Old Jun 14th 2017, 7:48 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud of

Well written article as usual by Severgnini who knows his stuff although why does he have to keep fuelling the idea that the UK = inglesi? He does differentiate at the beginning but then talks about "identit� nazionale"..

"una lingua modulare che stabilisce immediate gerarchie.." - as does Italian (and most others)!