ENEL

Old Feb 24th 2010, 1:04 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ENEL

Having major electrical problems today. The fuse box keeps tripping saying I'm over the potenza! I don't see how this can be as I have 10kw coming in. I've tried to speak to Enel but there is nothing on the various phone menus to address this. When I've gone online to check to see if the potenza has been reduced for some reason, it says my client number doesn't exist. It used to be Toscana or something and I'm guessing that might be something to do with it. Anyone know if the new rates also reduce your potenza during certain hours in a bid to reduce consumption?? It's very annoying, never had to worry about having loads of stuff on at once before!!
Old Feb 24th 2010, 1:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by TestaRossa
Having major electrical problems today. The fuse box keeps tripping saying I'm over the potenza! I don't see how this can be as I have 10kw coming in. I've tried to speak to Enel but there is nothing on the various phone menus to address this. When I've gone online to check to see if the potenza has been reduced for some reason, it says my client number doesn't exist. It used to be Toscana or something and I'm guessing that might be something to do with it. Anyone know if the new rates also reduce your potenza during certain hours in a bid to reduce consumption?? It's very annoying, never had to worry about having loads of stuff on at once before!!
Hmmmm don't think so.... could be wrong. Something isn't not working though is it and it's a faulty item that's tripping the switch?!
Old Feb 24th 2010, 2:59 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Testarossa, turn off and unplug ALL your appliances then turn them back on one by one to see if something is 'shorting'. If the switch still flips with nothing on it's more likely to be the switch than than the energy company so call your landlady.
Old Feb 24th 2010, 3:11 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks I'll try this.
Old Feb 24th 2010, 3:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by 37100
Testarossa, turn off and unplug ALL your appliances then turn them back on one by one to see if something is 'shorting'. If the switch still flips with nothing on it's more likely to be the switch than than the energy company so call your landlady.
yeah, what she said! ... have you noticed what she said made more sense than the way I put it!!??
Old Feb 24th 2010, 3:52 pm
The Original Red Head!

Oopsy! Went over to the porter and she came back to check it with me. She looked at my bill - which I'd taken cos it had the cliente number on etc. - and she pointed out I should've paid on the 9/02....I thought I had until 09/03 in my head....Looks like that is the cause. Off to pay tomorrow. She reckons once they have the payment it will revert to normal?? Anyone know?? I'm just having one of those months.....Roll on March!!
Old Feb 24th 2010, 3:56 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Oopsy! Went over to the porter and she came back to check it with me. She looked at my bill - which I'd taken cos it had the cliente number on etc. - and she pointed out I should've paid on the 9/02....I thought I had until 09/03 in my head....Looks like that is the cause. Off to pay tomorrow. She reckons once they have the payment it will revert to normal?? Anyone know?? I'm just having one of those months.....Roll on March!!
That sounds a bit weird.

I'm not sure if this is true or not but I must have heard it somewhere, that you have 2 weeks leeway to pay your bills before the providers start getting shorty.

Of course I could be completely wrong.
Old Feb 24th 2010, 4:01 pm
The Original Red Head!

Yesterday was exactly two weeks and I did notice the lights were dimmer last night. If nothing changes once I've paid I'll let you know. Problem is I can't get online to look as they've changed how you register etc and it isn't picking up my client number for some reason....Plus when I ring the numero verde there isn't one that (not that I understand anyway!) lets you find out if there is a problem.
Old Feb 24th 2010, 4:04 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Yesterday was exactly two weeks and I did notice the lights were dimmer last night. If nothing changes once I've paid I'll let you know. Problem is I can't get online to look as they've changed how you register etc and it isn't picking up my client number for some reason....Plus when I ring the numero verde there isn't one that (not that I understand anyway!) lets you find out if there is a problem.
Just look out for the word contratto and keep pushing the buttons until you eventually hear some crappy music and wait for a real person to get on the line.
Old Feb 24th 2010, 4:19 pm
The Original Red Head!

It does have this to say on the bottom of the current bill, and I haven't noticed it before, so I'm wondering if things have changed. Can you translate please??

"Perche pagare la bolletta entro la data di scadenza. La bolletta deve essere interamente pagat entro la data di scadenza. Se il pagamento viene effettuato in ritardo verranno addebitati dal Forniture gli interessi di mora (calcolati sui giorni che intercorrono dalla data di scadenza alla data di pagamento e applicando il tasso ufficiale di riferimento fissato dalla Banca Centrale Europea piu 3,5 punti) e le maggiori spese relative ai solleciti scritti di pagamento.

In caso di mancato pagamento, in applicazione della delibera 4/08 dell autorita per l'energia elettrica e gas, il forniture a decorrere dal decimo giorno successivo alla scadenza della fattura, puo inviare al Cliente una communicazione informandolo che decorsi 5 giorni dal ricevimento della stessa, senza che sia intervenuto il pagamento delle somme dovute (da attestarsi al fax 800 900...) richiedera al distributore competente la sospensione della fornitura.

Qualora tecnicamente possibile, il fornitore richiede al distributore la riduzione al 15% del livello della potenza disponibile e, decorsi 10 giorni dalla riduzione senza che sia intervenuto il pagamento da parte del Cliente ( da attestarsi al fax. 800...) il distributore competente procede a sospendere la fornitura. In caso di mancato pagamento e altresi facolta del fornitore risolvere il contratto."
Old Feb 24th 2010, 4:28 pm

It does have this to say on the bottom of the current bill, and I haven't noticed it before, so I'm wondering if things have changed. Can you translate please??

"Perche pagare la bolletta entro la data di scadenza. La bolletta deve essere interamente pagat entro la data di scadenza. Se il pagamento viene effettuato in ritardo verranno addebitati dal Forniture gli interessi di mora (calcolati sui giorni che intercorrono dalla data di scadenza alla data di pagamento e applicando il tasso ufficiale di riferimento fissato dalla Banca Centrale Europea piu 3,5 punti) e le maggiori spese relative ai solleciti scritti di pagamento.

Very roughly .............

Why pay your bill within the expiray date? The bill must be paid in full within the expiray date. If the bill is paid late, interest will be charged from the date of expiray until the date of payment and charges for sending out reminders etc. will also be calculated.

In caso di mancato pagamento, in applicazione della delibera 4/08 dell autorita per l'energia elettrica e gas, il forniture a decorrere dal decimo giorno successivo alla scadenza della fattura, puo inviare al Cliente una communicazione informandolo che decorsi 5 giorni dal ricevimento della stessa, senza che sia intervenuto il pagamento delle somme dovute (da attestarsi al fax 800 900...) richiedera al distributore competente la sospensione della fornitura.

In case of no payment received, the provider (law blah blah blah) starting from the 10th day after expiray date on bill, can send communication to the clinet informing that after another 5 days of no payment received , supplies will be cut off. (If you have paid in the meantime you can use the fax number to send proof of payment)

Qualora tecnicamente possibile, il fornitore richiede al distributore la riduzione al 15% del livello della potenza disponibile e, decorsi 10 giorni dalla riduzione senza che sia intervenuto il pagamento da parte del Cliente ( da attestarsi al fax. 800...) il distributore competente procede a sospendere la fornitura. In caso di mancato pagamento e altresi facolta del fornitore risolvere il contratto."

Wherever it is possible, the provider will reduce the available power by 15% and 10 days after that reduction )if no payment received and proof sent by fax), power will be suspended.

Wow - that is all new. Very new.
You were right then about your power supply being lower and your lights dimmer.
Old Feb 24th 2010, 4:36 pm
The Original Red Head!

I thought it was new. Aren't they supposed to let you know that they are changing things like this though?? Am I right in thinking that I won't be cut off tomorrow as I haven't had a reminder yet?? I am paying tomorrow, so I need to send a fax confirming this too, by the looks of things. Like you say, I've paid late before and never suffered. Normally get a letter that tells me to pay by a certain date....Oh, well better get paying on time!!
Old Feb 24th 2010, 4:40 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

1st for me too, but then, we've only just had electronic meters put in. 10kw wow, we asked for 7, but all the could give us was 41/2!
Old Feb 24th 2010, 4:43 pm

I thought it was new. Aren't they supposed to let you know that they are changing things like this though?? Am I right in thinking that I won't be cut off tomorrow as I haven't had a reminder yet?? I am paying tomorrow, so I need to send a fax confirming this too, by the looks of things. Like you say, I've paid late before and never suffered. Normally get a letter that tells me to pay by a certain date....Oh, well better get paying on time!!
I made a little mistake .........the bit where I said they'd send a letter after 10 days and then it should read ........... 5 days after receiving the letter.

I presume this means they send a raccomandata with ricevuta di ritorno so they know when the 5 days are up after you sign for the raccomandata.

I know you're paying tomorrow but I'd definitely send them a fax.
Just fax through the post office slip that stays with you after payment.

I don't think you'll wake up to no electricity as like you said - you've had no warning yet.

I wasn't aware of any of these changes either but Italians are hopelessly dreadful at letting you know about things before they actually take effect.

I remember complaining at the bank once about some new charges and money removed from my account. They told me they weren't obliged to tell me. My sister said the banks in England can't take a penny without telling you first as it's considered theft.
Old Feb 24th 2010, 4:48 pm
The Original Red Head!

Yes, when I've paid late before I've had a letter saying if you've paid before this date, send us a fax with proof, and then it normally says, pay by this date or we cut you off....I have a feeling we've had the reduction before and not really noticed it.....I'll soon find out won't I?
Thanks for the help!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.