Reload this Page >

Electricity Supply Help in San Vito Dei Normanni

Electricity Supply Help in San Vito Dei Normanni

Old May 21st 2011, 5:33 pm
Just Joined

tonymeekin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Electricity Supply Help in San Vito Dei Normanni

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
I don't find it a real problem as long as I remember that the English electric kettle does not work if the washer or dishwasher is on heat cycle. Oh yes it works - but it flips the general trip switch trip that is downstairs. Ok in the daytime but needs a torch at night time - and if you're on your own like I am it also needs a set of nerves that "here's Johnny" isn't going to jump out at you.
sounds spooky but I tend to have my grandchildren to protect me
Old May 21st 2011, 5:36 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by 37100
You shouldn't need anything except I.D because you already have a contract with them. I did ours on-line and from what I remember it's a one off charge to up the meter. Then a couple of more Euros for the standing charge. The actual electricity is dearer, but we didn't notice the difference because we always went over the 'fascia protetta' so we were paying the higher tariff anyway. A tecnician had to come out to check how much they could up us by. We wanted 7 (because there was little difference in cost) but they could only give us 4.5.
thank you. Complicated isnt it?
Old May 21st 2011, 5:38 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by clint
if you have a standard 3kw you have to be carefull what you have working at the same time, with us oven/microwave oven/kettle microwave or oven/well pump will trip the fuse box, you can upgrade to higher power from memory I was told 3 years ago from 3kw to 6kw was 300/400 Euros

The enel point should be in Piazza Carducci in the comune building Ufficio Relazioni con il Pubblico

I would take codice fiscale, 1 enel bill, id
thanks, I understand. Always keep a candle handy i think
Old May 21st 2011, 5:42 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
If the price jump from 3 to 6 KW is too expensive then you are just going to have to learn to put one big electric monster on at a time .... like many of us have done.

If you know the dishwasher is on ..... turn it off for a few seconds whilst you boil the kettle or use the toaster. Same with the washing machine.

If the washing machine is on you can use a PC at the same time and perhaps a hairdryer but never the dishwasher and washing machine together .... otherwise the trip switch goes and you are plunged into darkness.

You live and learn.
All part of the charm of living in southern italy perhaps? . thanks for taking the time to explain .
Old May 21st 2011, 5:44 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by clint
Yes we are in San Vito too

That price was just for switching from 3kw to 6kw
Thanks again