Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Electricity Supply Help in San Vito Dei Normanni

Electricity Supply Help in San Vito Dei Normanni

Old May 20th 2011, 4:18 pm
Just Joined

tonymeekin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Electricity Supply Help in San Vito Dei Normanni

Hello, I have a villa in San Vito Dei Normanni and Im really struggling with the electrical supply. It keeps cutting out. I believe I can arrange to have the supply turned up a bit Is there anyone who might know how to go about this . I understand I will need to go to a local enel office to do it . But where is the office? what do I need to take in terms of ID etc?, how much will it cost? , how quick will it be? .

Thank you in advance for any help

Last edited by tonymeekin; May 20th 2011 at 4:29 pm.
Old May 20th 2011, 4:45 pm
superman2

superman2 is just really nicesuperman2 is just really nicesuperman2 is just really nicesuperman2 is just really nicesuperman2 is just really nicesuperman2 is just really nicesuperman2 is just really nicesuperman2 is just really nicesuperman2 is just really nice
Default Re: Electricity Supply Help in San Vito Dei Normanni

Hi in italy they sell electricity by the kilowattage what yours is, is on the bill but most houses are 3KW so 2 kettles on together will be at max you can up the kw go you have to go to NL have an office and all you need is a bill and ID that you are the person who pays the bill it is all quick for italy but you pay a higher rate per unit if you up the kw
Old May 20th 2011, 4:53 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tonymeekin
Hello, I have a villa in San Vito Dei Normanni and Im really struggling with the electrical supply. It keeps cutting out. I believe I can arrange to have the supply turned up a bit Is there anyone who might know how to go about this . I understand I will need to go to a local enel office to do it . But where is the office? what do I need to take in terms of ID etc?, how much will it cost? , how quick will it be? .

Thank you in advance for any help
If your supplier is Enel, you can do it on line. I don't know about others.
Old May 20th 2011, 4:57 pm
Just Joined

I appreciate the quick reply. Thanks for help

Tony
Old May 20th 2011, 5:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

clint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really nice

if you have a standard 3kw you have to be carefull what you have working at the same time, with us oven/microwave oven/kettle microwave or oven/well pump will trip the fuse box, you can upgrade to higher power from memory I was told 3 years ago from 3kw to 6kw was 300/400 Euros

The enel point should be in Piazza Carducci in the comune building Ufficio Relazioni con il Pubblico

I would take codice fiscale, 1 enel bill, id
Old May 20th 2011, 5:10 pm
Just Joined

Hello Clint,

Piazza Carducci in the comune building Ufficio Relazioni con il Pubblico

Is this in San Vito?

Was the price from memory a one of payment or annual? If you know

Thanks Tony
Old May 20th 2011, 5:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

clint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really nice

Originally Posted by tonymeekin
Hello Clint,

Piazza Carducci in the comune building Ufficio Relazioni con il Pubblico

Is this in San Vito?

Was the price from memory a one of payment or annual? If you know

Thanks Tony

Yes we are in San Vito too

That price was just for switching from 3kw to 6kw
Old May 20th 2011, 8:14 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by clint
Yes we are in San Vito too

That price was just for switching from 3kw to 6kw
If the price jump from 3 to 6 KW is too expensive then you are just going to have to learn to put one big electric monster on at a time .... like many of us have done.

If you know the dishwasher is on ..... turn it off for a few seconds whilst you boil the kettle or use the toaster. Same with the washing machine.

If the washing machine is on you can use a PC at the same time and perhaps a hairdryer but never the dishwasher and washing machine together .... otherwise the trip switch goes and you are plunged into darkness.

You live and learn.
Old May 20th 2011, 8:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

that's what we do, we just kept the 3kw and don't find it a real problem
Old May 20th 2011, 8:49 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

that's what we do, we just kept the 3kw and don't find it a real problem
I don't find it a real problem as long as I remember that the English electric kettle does not work if the washer or dishwasher is on heat cycle. Oh yes it works - but it flips the general trip switch trip that is downstairs. Ok in the daytime but needs a torch at night time - and if you're on your own like I am it also needs a set of nerves that "here's Johnny" isn't going to jump out at you.
Old May 21st 2011, 6:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Margaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond repute

As usual Clint bet me to it. The only other thing I would add is that if you are resident take your residency certificate, as electricity is much cheaper for residents, at least if you stick to the 3kw it is.
Old May 21st 2011, 11:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Margaret M
As usual Clint bet me to it. The only other thing I would add is that if you are resident take your residency certificate, as electricity is much cheaper for residents, at least if you stick to the 3kw it is.
Good point Margaret
Old May 21st 2011, 11:41 am
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

You shouldn't need anything except I.D because you already have a contract with them. I did ours on-line and from what I remember it's a one off charge to up the meter. Then a couple of more Euros for the standing charge. The actual electricity is dearer, but we didn't notice the difference because we always went over the 'fascia protetta' so we were paying the higher tariff anyway. A tecnician had to come out to check how much they could up us by. We wanted 7 (because there was little difference in cost) but they could only give us 4.5.
Old May 21st 2011, 2:55 pm
Just Joined

thanks eveyone for your time and help. this is the first time i have used this fourm and its good to know there are so many helpful people out there.

thanks again
Old May 21st 2011, 5:27 pm
Just Joined

if you have a standard 3kw you have to be carefull what you have working at the same time, with us oven/microwave oven/kettle microwave or oven/well pump will trip the fuse box, you can upgrade to higher power from memory I was told 3 years ago from 3kw to 6kw was 300/400 Euros

The enel point should be in Piazza Carducci in the comune building Ufficio Relazioni con il Pubblico

thanks you thats a real help

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.