Elections

Old Mar 6th 2018, 12:52 pm
Forum Regular

heritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond repute
Default Elections

Everyone seems to agree that the result of the elections is a kick up the backside to the established parties, and that it is very hard to know what will now happens in terms of the formation of a government and therefore of the political direction that the country will now take. If the experts and commentators are at a loss, it hardly seems fair to ask Forum members if they have any predictions. But a lot of the topics discussed on the Forum concern not so much matters of broad policy as the nitty-gritty of our interactions with our comuni or other public bodies. On this I'd be interested to know whather others think that there might now be the beginnings of a real push towards better customer service and greater consistency of practice, or whether this is just wishful thinking
Old Mar 6th 2018, 2:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Elections

Raggi has been 5* Mayor of Rome since 2016 and there hasn't been much change there. Raggi is being investigated for abuse of office. The 5* Mayor in Turin is being investigated for forgery. This new party looks just the same as the old ones.
Old Mar 6th 2018, 2:48 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by heritagestanley
..... I'd be interested to know whather others think that there might now be the beginnings of a real push towards better customer service and greater consistency of practice, or whether this is just wishful thinking. ...

Italian general elections result in hung parliaments and unstable governments. The average life of an Italian government since 1945 is 10 months. I doubt that will change any time soon, and if anything, things seem to be becoming more polarized and therefore less stable.
Old Mar 6th 2018, 4:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Geordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond repute

IMHO, customer service in Italy is in the main atrocious, but over the 8 years or so we have been here it has very (very) slowly improved. I can't see it changing nor catching up with that of the UK unless the UK continues the recent fall in standards we have noted of late. I do think local customer service here at times is excellent, but it can be to either end of the scale. I do think there is a bigger chance of Italy leaving the EU now that would open the box!
Old Mar 6th 2018, 6:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by philat98
Raggi has been 5* Mayor of Rome since 2016 and there hasn't been much change there. Raggi is being investigated for abuse of office. The 5* Mayor in Turin is being investigated for forgery. This new party looks just the same as the old ones.
u
Investigated doesnt mean guilty. It means that the 'establishment' is doing all they can to discredit the new kids on the block as they threaten their pensions and backhanders.
Old Mar 7th 2018, 2:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Thairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Geordieborn
IMHO, customer service in Italy is in the main atrocious, but over the 8 years or so we have been here it has very (very) slowly improved. I can't see it changing nor catching up with that of the UK unless the UK continues the recent fall in standards we have noted of late. I do think local customer service here at times is excellent, but it can be to either end of the scale. I do think there is a bigger chance of Italy leaving the EU now that would open the box!
Hopefully, Merkel, Macron, Juncker et al will take note. But I doubt they are too concerned. I don't know what it needs to rattle the cage in Brussels, Berlin etc. to wake this lot up.
Old Mar 7th 2018, 10:29 am
BE Enthusiast

GeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud of

Modicasa - feel free to correct me if I'm wrong but aren't there some proven cases against 5* representatives at various levels? Not the ones Philat mentions but others.

I think there is some truth to your cynical viewpoint but I'm not convinced it's the only reason for investigations.findings.
Old Mar 7th 2018, 11:18 am
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GeorgeYoung
Modicasa - feel free to correct me if I'm wrong but aren't there some proven cases against 5* representatives at various levels? Not the ones Philat mentions but others.

I think there is some truth to your cynical viewpoint but I'm not convinced it's the only reason for investigations.findings.
It is interesting that Raggi worked for the legal studio that is linked with the (scandalous) sale of Villa San Martino to Berlusconi.

Last edited by philat98; Mar 7th 2018 at 12:20 pm.
Old Mar 7th 2018, 11:40 am
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute

As far as Im aware there has been no condanna of an elected m5s deputy or mayor thus far. As we are in italy and politics is seen as the way to amass a fortune quickly, Im sure there will be some on the way. The problem for the m5s is that they require declaration of everything, but the potential politicians 'forget' to declare the info. Then when it comes out the media try and pin it on the party and not the individual.
Old Mar 7th 2018, 8:05 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

The running of Turin under the Mayor(ess) Appending is appalling. If Turin was to vote tomorrow, I doubt that 5* would get in again.
Old Mar 9th 2018, 7:10 am
BE Forum Addict

ononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing Can change or improve until the proto communist inspired constitution is changed. That will not happen any time soon. Renzi quite rightly tried a referendum that failed, hence his failure.
Giulio Andreotti once famously said 'ogni popolo ha il governo che merita' (every nation has the government it deserves)
He also said 'leave green tomatoes in the sun long enough and they'll turn red'
Hope abandoned by 'o nonno
Old Mar 11th 2018, 7:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Italians in the south are already asking for the basic income promised by 5*.
https://www.thelocal.it/20180309/fiv...italy-election
Old Mar 11th 2018, 8:35 am
BE Forum Addict

ononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond repute

Italians in the south are already asking for the basic income promised by 5*.
https://www.thelocal.it/20180309/fiv...italy-election
Wishful thinking at its best.
Old Mar 11th 2018, 1:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

fake news propagated by an PD candidate in Bari. In Palermo the signhas been up for months
Old Mar 12th 2018, 12:23 pm
Just Joined

Kenzo14 has a brilliant futureKenzo14 has a brilliant futureKenzo14 has a brilliant futureKenzo14 has a brilliant futureKenzo14 has a brilliant futureKenzo14 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by modicasa
fake news propagated by an PD candidate in Bari. In Palermo the signhas been up for months
Exactly!