Earthquake

Old May 31st 2012, 2:26 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Earthquake

Originally Posted by MarkRD
Breaking news: schools closed in Ferrara until September.... I don't know if they've decided the same in Modena, K

brilliant! So what about those who are taking exams? what about those who don't where to put their kids? .... the list goes on.

Naturally no valid "alternatives" have been given ..

Comment from co-worker whose OH is a teacher .."Oh good, cos my wife is so stressed out from looking after kids.." WTF??!?!?!??!?!
I know a lot of parents that put time, effort and a lot of money into placing their kids in holiday clubs and "centri estivi" but they wouldn't know what to do with them for all of next week and none of those places will be open anyway.
Old May 31st 2012, 2:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

K in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant future

Breaking news: schools closed in Ferrara until September.... I don't know if they've decided the same in Modena, K
Wow! And I was just having a whinge about the fact that my daughter's nursery will be closed until Monday!
Old May 31st 2012, 2:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by K in Modena
Wow! And I was just having a whinge about the fact that my daughter's nursery will be closed until Monday!
nurseries are opening I believe, with orario ridotto ..
Old May 31st 2012, 2:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
I know a lot of parents that put time, effort and a lot of money into placing their kids in holiday clubs and "centri estivi" but they wouldn't know what to do with them for all of next week and none of those places will be open anyway.
I wonder if anyone has considered the *educational* angle? I know it's the last week of school but ....

.. which sort of takes us back to the Schools thread...
Old May 31st 2012, 2:51 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

brilliant! So what about those who are taking exams? what about those who don't where to put their kids? .... the list goes on.

Naturally no valid "alternatives" have been given ..

Comment from co-worker whose OH is a teacher .."Oh good, cos my wife is so stressed out from looking after kids.." WTF??!?!?!??!?!
Oh please! How daft. What are people supposed to do with the kids? So the school isn't safe enough for lessons until September, but OK to take exams in? Hope they make the teachers recuperate the lost days by starting on the 1st September. Yeah, as if. A couple of schools have had to close here, but for good reason. A ceiling collapsed in one.
Old May 31st 2012, 2:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

K in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant future

Here they're checking that all the buildings are sound but as they've already ascertained that the nurseries are safe, I don't know why they can't open them!
Old May 31st 2012, 3:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by 37100
Oh please! How daft. What are people supposed to do with the kids? So the school isn't safe enough for lessons until September, but OK to take exams in? Hope they make the teachers recuperate the lost days by starting on the 1st September. Yeah, as if.

.. and best article I've read yet ..
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-18271303
Old May 31st 2012, 3:01 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Just had another good shake!
Old May 31st 2012, 3:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yup . .same here..
Old May 31st 2012, 3:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

A big one? I didn't feel that one either. But I do kind of feel like the floor is permanently moving!
Old May 31st 2012, 3:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

A big one? I didn't feel that one either. But I do kind of feel like the floor is permanently moving!
thar she blows ... 4.0 .. seems to be moving west ..
http://cnt.rm.ingv.it/data_id/7223079380/event.html
Old May 31st 2012, 3:28 pm
Concierge

We are a high 2nd floor. Could be why.

thar she blows ... 4.0 .. seems to be moving west ..
http://cnt.rm.ingv.it/data_id/7223079380/event.html
Well it can bloody well go back east! (the link doesn't work)
Old May 31st 2012, 3:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

... (the link doesn't work)
try this ...
http://www.resitalica.it/nav/terremoti_elenco.asp

it's top of the list! ..

I'm off!
Old Jun 1st 2012, 7:57 am
Just Joined

jillipen is an unknown quantity at this point

I live about 1hr from Modena, in the mountains and felt the one on the 29th but other than the odd shiver all okay here. Still not prepared to wear pjamas in bed tho!

Last edited by Lorna at Vicenza; Jun 1st 2012 at 8:02 am. Reason: snipped out link
Old Jun 1st 2012, 8:00 am
BE Forum Addict

morning all .. fairly quiet night after biggish one at just after nine last night.

Emergency bag now follows me everywhere!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.