Earthquake

Old May 29th 2012, 11:34 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Earthquake

Hoping everything settles down for you quickly. It can be so difficult to feel secure when they keep happening. Chippy said 'kia kaha' and I'll repeat it. It means stay strong in Maori.
So so sorry for those who have died and my sympathies to their relatives and friends, quakes are so sudden, unexpected and indiscriminate
Old May 29th 2012, 6:13 pm
Just Joined

Lasbury is an unknown quantity at this point

Hope everyone in the area is ok.
Have been watching some of the reports on TV. Hope you all have a peaceful night.
The deaths and destruction are really sad.

Thinking of you all.
Old May 29th 2012, 7:24 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Persephone
Hoping everything settles down for you quickly. It can be so difficult to feel secure when they keep happening. Chippy said 'kia kaha' and I'll repeat it. It means stay strong in Maori.
So so sorry for those who have died and my sympathies to their relatives and friends, quakes are so sudden, unexpected and indiscriminate
Originally Posted by Lasbury
Hope everyone in the area is ok.
Have been watching some of the reports on TV. Hope you all have a peaceful night.
The deaths and destruction are really sad.

Thinking of you all.
Thank you both
Old May 29th 2012, 8:39 pm
Just Joined

tonber is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh god, just watched the Speciale TG4., our thoughts are with you all.
Old May 30th 2012, 12:35 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

How absolutely bloody awful for you. Thoughts are with you, stay safe & kia kaha from NZ.
Old May 30th 2012, 7:34 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by K in Modena
Just been into town (for a calming chamomile tea!) It's like it's a Saturday, everyone's milling about the centre and no-one's working. There were fire engines and ambulances in the centre but I think it was just a precaution. Felt another short one while we were out.
Yes, i spent a very surreal afternoon in the park yesterday .. it was all so calm and serene like any Sunday afternoon, just the occasional siren ..

Back at work as normal today although I'm convinced that we're still feeling the odd tremor...
just feeling sorry for all those homeless and those poor b*ggers who lost the lives just cos they were doing an honest day's work .. Tragic.

It gets me that a lot of the mass media and 'institutions' seem to have woken up a bit only after this second wave . .even Napolitano has said his penn'orth . .didn't hear him say owt after the first ones on 20th..
Bruno Vespa was having a field day last night (tho sadly, no plastic models) . .. we never watch Vespa but were sleeping at relatives who do...

Aye, it's grim oop North these days.
Old May 30th 2012, 12:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

K in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by MarkRD
Yes, i spent a very surreal afternoon in the park yesterday .. it was all so calm and serene like any Sunday afternoon, just the occasional siren ..
Yes we were in the park all afternoon too. We evacuated the building during the big lunchtime quake and went straight to my daughter's nursery to pick her up. The park was absolutely heaving and rather a nice atmosphere despite the fact that people were there because they didn't want to go home! All schools in Modena are closed today and tomorrow.
Old May 30th 2012, 7:59 pm
Forum Regular

homeandgardens will become famous soon enough

My thoughts are to all of you living in the earthquake hit Emilia.

Best regards
H&G
Old May 30th 2012, 8:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

linseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond repute

my thoughts and prayers go out to you all . may your pain end soon and evrry thing go as near as normal as posible god bless
Old May 31st 2012, 7:08 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud of

Thanks all ..

another 3.6 at 6.20 this morning...

what's that about 'il buongiorno si vede dal mattino..?
Old May 31st 2012, 7:20 am
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks all ..

another 3.6 at 6.20 this morning...

what's that about 'il buongiorno si vede dal mattino..?
It woke me up and was followed by a bad storm.
Old May 31st 2012, 7:45 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Bloody hell - have just found a crack in my kitchen floor !!!!!!

I gave the kitchen floor a damn good cleaning last Saturday after making all those pop cakes and the kids getting sprinkles and hundreds and thousands all over. I gave it another quick once over after that and I'm pretty sure I didn't see any cracks.

The crack runs through the black cement type stuff that is around the marble pieces of the palladiana flooring and it goes around the marble pieces.

It's not deep, only a milimetre or two. I have stuck cocktail sticks in it so that you can see. It's long though - looks like it goes all the way under the sink at one side of the kitchen and under the cabinets at the other side.

I have a similar crack to this (but smaller) in the entrance. That one has been there for as long as I can remember and I was told that it's just because there is a central heating pipe underneath it and the cement has dried out over the years and split. Underneath the palladiana there is a solid concrete base.

What do I do about it? Do I just leave it like the other one has been left all these years as it's only superifcial?
Attached Thumbnails Earthquake-dscn2321.jpg   Earthquake-dscn2322.jpg   Earthquake-dscn2323.jpg  
Old May 31st 2012, 7:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Well I can tell you that an ingegnere came to see the cracks in the walls on the ground floor of our condominio ..

He said they were only superficial and nothing to worry about .. haven't got any pictures but they look pretty serious to me . .and they are in the walls. Also a massiva crack in the middle of the garage floor, admittedly there were some these before but I don't think this one was and the floor seems to go up in the middle as well.

Our place is for sale......

Quite a bit of fervent sismic activity yesterday ... but we're not supposed to worry ..

this was a good site but it seems to have gone t*ts up .. good sign?http://www.terremotoemiliaromagna.it/

Last edited by MarkRD; May 31st 2012 at 8:00 am.
Old May 31st 2012, 8:03 am

Well I can tell you that an ingegnere came to see the cracks in the walls on the ground floor of our condominio ..

He said they were only superficial and nothing to worry about .. haven't got any pictures but they look pretty serious to me . .and they are in the walls. Also a massiva crack in the middle of the garage floor, admittedly there were some these before but I don't think this one was and the floor seems to go up in the middle as well.

Our place is for sale......

Quite a bit of fervent sismic activity yesterday ... but we're not supposed to worry ..
http://www.terremotoemiliaromagna.it/
I've checked the walls and ceilings and can't find anything.
I can't believe this crack has been there forever though - surely I'd have noticed it before now? I mean I do clean the damn floor sometimes.
Perhaps it happened on Tuesday?
Can't help feeling a bit freaked out though.
Old May 31st 2012, 8:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
I've checked the walls and ceilings and can't find anything.
I can't believe this crack has been there forever though - surely I'd have noticed it before now? I mean I do clean the damn floor sometimes.
Perhaps it happened on Tuesday?
Can't help feeling a bit freaked out though.
I know what you mean .. it's happening all the time here.

We saw a big one in the wall of the factory where I work after Tuesday . .the amministratore assures us it's been there all the time....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.