Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Dual citizenship

Dual citizenship

Old May 10th 2017, 10:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Geordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dual citizenship

Originally Posted by Donna Noble
The verb "do" is a little misleading though. If you are on the registry but then actually spend fewer than 183 days physically here, you're still tax liable.

The only exception would be in a split year scenario.
Oh dear Donna, come on I'm Geordie... we don't "do" English 'cos they are
Old May 11th 2017, 5:32 am
Forum Regular

Donna Noble has a reputation beyond reputeDonna Noble has a reputation beyond reputeDonna Noble has a reputation beyond reputeDonna Noble has a reputation beyond reputeDonna Noble has a reputation beyond reputeDonna Noble has a reputation beyond reputeDonna Noble has a reputation beyond reputeDonna Noble has a reputation beyond reputeDonna Noble has a reputation beyond reputeDonna Noble has a reputation beyond reputeDonna Noble has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry pet, didn't mean to offend. Just wanted to make it clear that if you do Italy for under 183 days it makes no difference if you are already on the register.
Old May 11th 2017, 6:21 am
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Donna Noble
Sorry pet, didn't mean to offend...... .
Lucky thing it was Geordieborn. With BlackCountryborn it could be "Sorry chick/hen" or even worse replying to Leicesterborn "Sorry me duck".
The only general term of endearment I have heard in Italy is caro. I wonder if there are others?

Last edited by philat98; May 11th 2017 at 6:45 am.
Old May 11th 2017, 9:07 am
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute

tesoro, amore, beddu mio, gioia mia, the list is endless....
Old Jun 13th 2017, 7:01 am
Forum Regular

britaly00 is a jewel in the roughbritaly00 is a jewel in the roughbritaly00 is a jewel in the roughbritaly00 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by modicasa
Its easy. If you are an EU citizen, resident in Italy for five years you can get dual citizenship for 200 euros. You will need to complete the online fo. The only complication is a) remembering all your addresses since you were 18and b) getting your police statement from the UK - which needs to be got, legalised, got to Italy and translated and sworn before it expires.
re, this: What would the situation be if one lived at an address for a short period but paid the (shared) flat owner cash in hand? I lived at a couple of addresses in London (where I was working) mid-nineties and had no rental contract, just paying cash. I believe I changed my address at the time with my bank, though. Would it be best to gloss over these addresses? But if I did so, wouldn't I have to justify my addresses while working in London?
Old Jun 13th 2017, 7:07 am
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute

Id list my official addresses, those where I was on the electoral roll, got bills and so on.
Old Jun 14th 2017, 7:06 am
Forum Regular

Donna Noble has a reputation beyond reputeDonna Noble has a reputation beyond reputeDonna Noble has a reputation beyond reputeDonna Noble has a reputation beyond reputeDonna Noble has a reputation beyond reputeDonna Noble has a reputation beyond reputeDonna Noble has a reputation beyond reputeDonna Noble has a reputation beyond reputeDonna Noble has a reputation beyond reputeDonna Noble has a reputation beyond reputeDonna Noble has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by modicasa
Id list my official addresses, those where I was on the electoral roll, got bills and so on.
Unless there was some kind of misdemeanour that occurred whilst resident at that address!
Old Jun 16th 2017, 9:02 am
Forum Regular

britaly00 is a jewel in the roughbritaly00 is a jewel in the roughbritaly00 is a jewel in the roughbritaly00 is a jewel in the rough

It's been specified that in completing the form for obtaining citizenship through residency that one has to supply all the places lived since age 18.
The form I have specifies (gives space for) 2 addresses, and since age 14.
Should I conclude this is a different, possibly the wrong, form everyone else is referring to? If so, can someone offer a link to the correct form?
I have attached 2 pics of modello B for some extra clarity; first is title page 1 which is fairly standard stuff (I suppose a UK national ticks box 'Lett.d'- at the top of page- for 4 years(other E.U. member state...? alternatively in October I'll have been resident for 10years anyway – box 'Lett f'.) The second pic is of Page 2: halfway down it gives the spaces for the (2) addresses.
Furthermore the form refers to 4 yrs residency, not 5yrs.
Bit confused.
Thoughts and suggestions welcome
M.
Attached Thumbnails Dual citizenship-20170615_191540.jpg   Dual citizenship-citizenship-page2-mod-b.jpg  

Last edited by britaly00; Jun 16th 2017 at 9:14 am. Reason: typos
Old Jun 16th 2017, 9:49 am
BE Forum Addict

You can now only apply online, there is no paper form. You need top register on the immigration gov portal and then complete and 40 odd page form online.
Old Jun 16th 2017, 9:52 am
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britaly00
It's been specified that in completing the form for obtaining citizenship through residency that one has to supply all the places lived since age 18.
The form I have specifies (gives space for) 2 addresses, and since age 14.
Should I conclude this is a different, possibly the wrong, form everyone else is referring to? If so, can someone offer a link to the correct form?

M.
If you do it on-line the form expands to allow as many addresses as you want. I have simplified my list of addresses in case they ask me for some proof.

https://nullaostalavoro.dlci.interno...nistero/Index2

Do you have your legalized NPCC crime and birth certificates? For me it is taking quite a bit of time to get it done.

Last edited by philat98; Jun 16th 2017 at 10:04 am.
Old Jun 16th 2017, 10:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Serrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by philat98
If you do it on-line the form expands to allow as many addresses as you want. I have simplified my list of addresses in case they ask me for some proof.
Just been there, done that, and no it doesn't. It expands to a maximum of 5 addresses (I have 10). The advice from their helpline is "Nella scheda 10 invece inserisca 5 indirizzi ed il resto, tramite un'autodichiarazione ove dichiara gli altri, la può allegare nella scheda 22 dal tab relativo al documento generico." - in other words for all additional addresses over 5, you complete a self-declaration in a plain document, and attach it to the application as an "Other Document"
Old Jun 16th 2017, 10:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Yes you are correct. Luckily I have only have 5 addresses!
Old Jun 18th 2017, 8:05 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by philat98

https://nullaostalavoro.dlci.interno...nistero/Index2

Do you have your legalized NPCC crime and birth certificates? For me it is taking quite a bit of time to get it done.
By NPCC do you mean ACRO (googled result), (not National Police Chiefs Council)?
For birth Certificate- does this need legalizing? By whom?
Old Jun 18th 2017, 10:28 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

By NPCC do you mean ACRO (googled result), (not National Police Chiefs Council)?
NPCC/ACRO certificate (same thing): https://www.acro.police.uk/police_certificates.aspx

Legalisation Office: https://www.gov.uk/get-document-legalised
Old Jun 18th 2017, 12:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Both have to be legalised in th UK by the FO and then translated into Italian.

Does anyone know if as an Italian/UK dual citizen you can travel abroad with just an Italian Id card issued by the Comune? If so would it be restricted to travel within the EU?

Last edited by philat98; Jun 18th 2017 at 12:23 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.