doctors

Old Dec 21st 2016, 9:00 am
Forum Regular

larryandcaron is on a distinguished road
Default doctors

Hello all,we have another question re obtaining a doctor after becoming residents,my daughter in law is pregnant and her residency was started 4 weeks ago,my question is can she sign up to a GP surgery before her residency comes through or does she have to wait until after,or can she not have a GP until 5 yrs as a resident,I know some of you clever people can help
Old Dec 22nd 2016, 8:24 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: doctors

Originally Posted by larryandcaron
Hello all,we have another question re obtaining a doctor after becoming residents,my daughter in law is pregnant and her residency was started 4 weeks ago,my question is can she sign up to a GP surgery before her residency comes through or does she have to wait until after,or can she not have a GP until 5 yrs as a resident,I know some of you clever people can help
Residency and the health system are two different things.

How did she get residency? With private health insurance? Working here? Through an Italian husband?
Old Dec 22nd 2016, 2:52 pm
Forum Regular

larryandcaron is on a distinguished road

Yes it was with health insurance but because she was already pregnant the insurance wouldn't cover that
Old Dec 23rd 2016, 6:47 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Yes it was with health insurance but because she was already pregnant the insurance wouldn't cover that
I doubt that she will be able to get an Italian health card (tessera sanitaria) or a GP, but there are laws to provide all women with health care during pregnancy.
Tell her to go to her local "consultorio familiare" and ask for information there.
Old Dec 23rd 2016, 9:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Geordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond repute

I would have a look at this PDF link , unless it's out of date, it looks to me like she may well be covered.
Old Dec 23rd 2016, 3:46 pm

That was printed in 2010 and is mostly for non EU citizens who are here with a permesso di soggiorno.
Page 22 about pregnancy and childbirth is still valid though. The family advice bureau that is mentioned several times is in fact the consultorio familiare.
Old Dec 24th 2016, 7:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

linseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond repute

talk to your doctor
Old Dec 24th 2016, 10:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Geordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by linseed oil
talk to your doctor
Sounds like good advice to me
Old Dec 24th 2016, 10:22 pm

Originally Posted by Geordieborn
Sounds like good advice to me
How the shit can it be good advice when you don't have and can't get a Doctor here?
Old Dec 24th 2016, 10:25 pm

Originally Posted by linseed oil
talk to your doctor
What rubbish. The whole point is that she doesn't have a GP normal DR.
Old Dec 25th 2016, 6:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

linseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
What rubbish. The whole point is that she doesn't have a GP normal DR.
no but if they talk to a doctor he will tell them the way to go about it they will talk to you i know this becouse i live here in italy some times the direct aproche is best
only trying to be helpfull sorry
Old Dec 26th 2016, 1:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

I think Linseeds advice was good. Find out if the local doctor is any good and if so see if they will see you, I'm pretty sure they will.
Old Dec 26th 2016, 5:41 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

I think Linseeds advice was good. Find out if the local doctor is any good and if so see if they will see you, I'm pretty sure they will.
In Italy GP's do not deal with pregnancy other than to write out prescriptions ordered by a gyno. She needs to go to her nearest health centre for advice.
Old Dec 27th 2016, 11:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Sorry, but the OP did state the above question and I assume will want a GP regardless of being pregnant or not
Old Dec 27th 2016, 2:20 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, but the OP did state the above question and I assume will want a GP regardless of being pregnant or not

I'm sure she will need a GP, but based on what larryandcaron said, she is not entitled to one. At the moment, she needs to seek pre natal care and the best place to go is the health centre -she'd have to go there anyway to sign up for a GP. I do hope larryandcaron tell us how she gets on.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.