Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Daily Mail New Year Article

Daily Mail New Year Article

Old Jan 1st 2009, 9:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice
Default Daily Mail New Year Article

Anyone see this:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-hangover.html

It definitely puts my complaining about Italy into perspective.
Old Jan 4th 2009, 10:46 am
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Daily Mail New Year Article

I wouldn't worry too much what the Daily Wail or Daily Heil or Daily Fail has to say regarding our society
Old Jan 4th 2009, 10:55 am
Forum Regular

enterprise1999 is an unknown quantity at this point

It's good to see every one enjoing themselves.
Old Jan 4th 2009, 11:40 am
BE Enthusiast

.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice

Originally Posted by duffer
I wouldn't worry too much what the Daily Wail or Daily Heil or Daily Fail has to say regarding our society
Very true. I try to avoid reading it, but temptation usually gets the better of me.
Old Jan 4th 2009, 12:43 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

I hate the Daily Fail too, but they didn't make up those photo's. It was pretty disgusting to look at. But then when the choice is between someone throwing up on you or having a firework thrown at you and I HAD to choose, it wouldn't really be a contest! People were sending up SOS flares in the city here.....Also we have found homemade fireworks consisting of shot gun cartridges with the shot taken out and the powder left in then packed into boxes or cans!
Old Jan 4th 2009, 12:54 pm
Forum Regular

Well the majority of people voted for Sunday opening and 24/7 pubs....... Cheap drink booze cruses ETC ETC and youve got a nice nanny state with do gooders who tell parents not to give poor liitle Jonny a clip round the ear when theyve done wrong..... were now into second generation kids who have had parents without a clue.......... Tell you what in public schools there is still disipline and the products of such schools rule the country........ Theres a need for canon fodder and we no have a plentifull supply................ So may I suggest do something about it if youre worried...... Else like me you can run away like most ex pats have and let them all get on with it.
Old Jan 4th 2009, 2:52 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by enterprise1999
Tell you what in public schools there is still disipline and the products of such schools rule the country..
My son goes to Winchester College - so far it is a decision I think was right. Partly for the reason you mention, but also because he seems to be getting an education and competitiveness is encouraged, rather than the current idea that every child is a winner in some way at everything, not just some or a few things, like it used to be. The taking part is important, but winning is more important, it is when a child eventually goes out to work if they are to achieve anything. As his school, and those like it, encourage this attitude is it any wonder, as you say, that these kids go on to rule the country and it's companies.
Old Jan 4th 2009, 3:17 pm
Forum Regular

Secondary modern here.......... failed the 11+. Sadly my parents were poor as church mice. Still learnt not to muck about when the blackboard rubber was thrown from about twenty feet.
I'm a socilist but sadly the goverment has let too many do gooders in...... Hope you son in public school realises that the canon fodder out there need just a bit more than Eastenders and a mobile phone. Because sadly those in power havent a clue what to do with the population........ Another war could thin it out a bit but dont think we've enough money for the bullits, as the middle east has shown........ At least the Russian's are recouping some of there 10years in Afghanistan shelling mountain sides buy selling us gas after we gave our north sea stuff away.

Getting serious now.............. Better fun than choosing a pair of curtains