Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Crazy Italian drivers

Crazy Italian drivers

Old Mar 29th 2014, 10:48 am
Forum Regular

cardi has a reputation beyond reputecardi has a reputation beyond reputecardi has a reputation beyond reputecardi has a reputation beyond reputecardi has a reputation beyond reputecardi has a reputation beyond reputecardi has a reputation beyond reputecardi has a reputation beyond reputecardi has a reputation beyond reputecardi has a reputation beyond reputecardi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Crazy Italian drivers

Originally Posted by ononno
Well of course, it is a joke. If you haven't experienced the thrill of the game in Naples and its hinterland you haven't lived. Palermo is fairly entertaining too.
by by dicette l'inglese.
Naples is luxury compared with Palermo. Even at midnight on Suday the place is a madhouse.
Old Mar 29th 2014, 5:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

ononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Apart from finding him funny, intelligent, and a breath of fresh air in this PC world. He is also my near-doppelganger - a South Yorkshireman, from about 30 miles from my home town (city), who is 6'5", with curly hair and an interest in cars; he's a few years older than me. At one time I lived just a couple of miles from his home when we both lived in London.

What is not to like about him?
hear hear. All bridges, all over the world, have slopes on them
Old Mar 29th 2014, 7:47 pm
Banned

NEWCOMO is an unknown quantity at this point

I now know that most Ferraris and maseratis are for export... otherwise they would be wrecked... almost everyone drives Fiat... ! (disposable)...
Old Mar 30th 2014, 8:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Isakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NEWCOMO
I now know that most Ferraris and maseratis are for export... otherwise they would be wrecked... almost everyone drives Fiat... ! (disposable)...
Are you sure? Plenty of Ferraris and Masseratis where I live, especially on a Sunday.
Old Mar 30th 2014, 11:08 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NEWCOMO
Try Montecatini Terme on a holiday.
Old Apr 3rd 2014, 7:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Maybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond repute

When I first came to Italy in 1972 I was driving a shiny red E-Type. On the the then twisty "motorway" from Milan to Genova I was subjected to uncountable overtaking attempts by various little Fiats on the downhill bits.
M
Old Apr 3rd 2014, 7:43 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud of

I shall not rest until my campaign for the Correct use of Indicators Especially on Roundabouts is finally over.

..not to mention giving way when coming onto one .. One b**t**d cut me up the other day cos he just drove straight onto the roundabout without stopping ... and he maintained he was right of course (with appropriate gestures)
Old Apr 3rd 2014, 8:59 am
BE Enthusiast

linseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MarkRD
I shall not rest until my campaign for the Correct use of Indicators Especially on Roundabouts is finally over.

..not to mention giving way when coming onto one .. One b**t**d cut me up the other day cos he just drove straight onto the roundabout without stopping ... and he maintained he was right of course (with appropriate gestures)
I have a large 4x4 but the times I have to take to the dich

to miss a crazy driver in a panda
and whats the most annoying thing cars parked on their side of the road
do they give way to you coming the other do they fff and do they care
Old Apr 3rd 2014, 9:08 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Indicators used at roundabouts are my pet peeve. I have to go round a roundabout every morning that has 5 roads going onto it. I sit there for ages as it looks like most of the cars should be going straight passed me, but 9 out of 10 of them drive around so that they're passing in front of me and without a hint of an indicator that they are actually going around.
Old Apr 3rd 2014, 9:46 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
Indicators used at roundabouts are my pet peeve. I have to go round a roundabout every morning that has 5 roads going onto it. I sit there for ages as it looks like most of the cars should be going straight passed me, but 9 out of 10 of them drive around so that they're passing in front of me and without a hint of an indicator that they are actually going around.
Exactly what I mean ... Fact is that roundabouts are a fairly 'new' concept in Italy so most drivers were never taught how they work and what you should do re. indicators/giving way/which lane to take.. not that that will mean they would do it of course.
Old Apr 3rd 2014, 5:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Maybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond repute

Exactly what I mean ... Fact is that roundabouts are a fairly 'new' concept in Italy so most drivers were never taught how they work and what you should do re. indicators/giving way/which lane to take.. not that that will mean they would do it of course.
The Driving Instructors weren't taught either....... They're still trying to work it out.
Old Apr 3rd 2014, 7:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Isakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/ar...nce-Spain.html
Old Apr 4th 2014, 7:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Maybe1day
The Driving Instructors weren't taught either....... They're still trying to work it out.
haha! I was pleased to hear though that my daughter was taught how to handle roundabouts correctly when she took her lessons/test a couple of years ago..

here's hoping...
Old Apr 7th 2014, 2:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

sunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond repute

Fact is that roundabouts are a fairly 'new' concept in Italy :
This may sound like flannel to some outsiders but it's definitely true of Sardinia. Though they've now taken to them and every time I go there there seems to be a new one. Can't get enough of them. So much so that I was told that a roundabout not too far from Capo Boi was "the biggest roundabout in Europe". Of course it's no such thing
Old Apr 7th 2014, 8:13 pm
Just Joined

Nortius Maximus is an unknown quantity at this point

Roundabouts are an issue. I have learnt that the driver who occupies the space in front of me has right of way.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.