Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

The Comfort Zone. Favourite food, drinks, where to buy, and recipes.

The Comfort Zone. Favourite food, drinks, where to buy, and recipes.

Old Jan 18th 2010, 10:49 am
Forum Regular

karamia has a brilliant futurekaramia has a brilliant futurekaramia has a brilliant futurekaramia has a brilliant futurekaramia has a brilliant futurekaramia has a brilliant future
Default Re: The Comfort Zone. Favourite food, drinks, where to buy, and recipes.

Originally Posted by indiebird
ooohhh!! We have the wii fit and mario cart and a few other games. Must admit I haven't used it for ages!! Watching other people hula hoop is priceless!! DH is strangly attractive when he hulahoops The kids like to play cooking mama, which has to be the most annoying game on the planet!! I too enjoy walking as much as I can to be honest and also go to Yoga once a week too but that's about it on the exercise front. If I don't enjoy stuff then I don't stick to it.

Back on the thread, I saw Dorset Cereals in the Coop here last week!! This is Oh's fave muesli and he normally brings back loads from the UK. It's €4 a box though but better than the €8.50 we found it for in a shop in Torino a couple of years ago. We took our lives in our hands too as it was in a really rough area of the City and there we were wandering about trying to get the kids to shut up speaking in loud English and making us look even more like tourists!!
I can't hula hoop without falling over LOL
I am enjoying reading this thread. I usually read more than post though
I have three boys now(youngest being 8 months) and this time the baby weight is shifting faster.
Could be something to do with the fact that I haven't got maltesers,pringles and M&S choccy rolls to sabotage me!

I don't snack here either and hubby and his family don't seem to.Strange at first but I do feel better.

Well done Indie
Old Jan 18th 2010, 11:06 am
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of
Default Re: The Comfort Zone. Favourite food, drinks, where to buy, and recipes.

Originally Posted by karamia
Could be something to do with the fact that I haven't got maltesers,pringles and M&S choccy rolls to sabotage me!

I don't snack here either and hubby and his family don't seem to.Strange at first but I do feel better.

Well done Indie
Yep, me too!!
Old Jan 18th 2010, 2:23 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

I bet we'd all snack on a packet of crisps now and again if we could only get all the ones that we like.
Old Jan 18th 2010, 4:21 pm
Forum Regular

Salerno will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
I bet we'd all snack on a packet of crisps now and again if we could only get all the ones that we like.
My biggest loser wii game arrived by courier this morning. I didn't have time to do it and am now looking at it and decided that I'll start tomorrow morning cos I'm have a back of hubbys hidden crisp stack now before he comes home
Old Jan 18th 2010, 4:40 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

Let me know what you think! My OH loved the programme but it was all too American for me, which is interesting considering I only like the US tv progs!!

Lorna - I really like Cooking Mama! Especially the third one. I'm pretty good at it which helps!! Lol!
Old Jan 18th 2010, 4:42 pm
Forum Regular

Salerno will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by TestaRossa
Let me know what you think! My OH loved the programme but it was all too American for me, which is interesting considering I only like the US tv progs!!
will do darling. I'm sitting watching last weeks prog at the mo.
Old Jan 24th 2010, 6:56 pm
Just Joined

bebe14 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lindaf
TestaRossa - Ages ago you wrote that a shop in Florence sells Cadburys chocolate (British Shop?). Do you know if it still does cos I'm getting desperate Hubby has said I cannot go to the UK just to buy chocolate, which, secondo me, is obviously quite unfair, so now I'm checking out the rest of Italy
Hi

Here in Barga (45 minute drive north of Lucca), due to the large number of Scottish Italians here, we have a bakery owned by a Scottish Italian guy who sells Cadbury's chocolate (cream eggs will be coming soon), biscuits, soups, beans, curry sauces, porridge oats, ribena, jelly, salad cream etc. etc.

He's open every day until 7.30 pm except Sunday and not Monday afternoons.
Maybe he could send you some stuff or you could come to Barga for your fix!
Failing that I'm happy to see what he has and send it on to you.
Julie
Old Jan 24th 2010, 7:03 pm
Just Joined

bebe14 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TestaRossa
lindaf - you have two choices. Florence has the Olde English Shop, which normally has Cadbury's or you can try and get to Chamonix, which might be closer or the same distance and all the supermarkets there had it, along with Ribena, cheddar cheese, proper bacon and sausages(this was in Super U). It took us 5 hours to drive there from Florence and 30-40mins of that was sitting waiting to get through the tunnel!!
Hi
Our local bakery in Barga (north of Lucca) stocks British cheeses, bacon, guiness, cider, biccies, chocolate etc. etc. This is nearer to you than Chamonix
Julie
Old Jan 24th 2010, 7:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by bebe14
Hi
Our local bakery in Barga (north of Lucca) stocks British cheeses, bacon, guiness, cider, biccies, chocolate etc. etc. This is nearer to you than Chamonix
Julie
OMG, sounds fab!! Not very close to me though.
Old Jan 24th 2010, 7:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond repute

Oh you just pipped me at the post Indie I was just about to write that I can feel a trip coming on !!! Well at least its closer than London and I dont have to get on a plane (yes I know I'm a wimp )

It is a bit far away but its nice to know and a journey there equipped with lots of freezer bags could be good ! (I think I'd go to Delhi for a bit of cheddar )
Old Jan 24th 2010, 7:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Patty
Oh you just pipped me at the post Indie I was just about to write that I can feel a trip coming on !!! Well at least its closer than London and I dont have to get on a plane (yes I know I'm a wimp )

It is a bit far away but its nice to know and a journey there equipped with lots of freezer bags could be good ! (I think I'd go to Delhi for a bit of cheddar )
I have heard that Eataly sometimes do Cheddar but there was none when we went before xmas. They did have stilton there though!!
Old Jan 24th 2010, 7:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I heard that too but at 35 euros a kilo they can keep it

I paid (I think) 2.49 for a piece at LIDL that was about half a kilo!

(they give snow for us in Piemonte tonight - hope it doesnt happen - I hate snow !)
Old Jan 24th 2010, 9:06 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by indiebird
I have heard that Eataly sometimes do Cheddar but there was none when we went before xmas. They did have stilton there though!!
Hi Indie. Back on MY computer. You can buy Stilton in Venaria! Don't like the stuff.
Old Jan 25th 2010, 9:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Patty
Yes I heard that too but at 35 euros a kilo they can keep it

I paid (I think) 2.49 for a piece at LIDL that was about half a kilo!

(they give snow for us in Piemonte tonight - hope it doesnt happen - I hate snow !)
if I was desperate I might pay that.... but I try and find alternatives that I like here instead that I won't be able to get at home..... soooooo not the same tho....

Where in Venaria can I get stilton? I do prefer stilton to Gorgo I'm afraid!!
Old Jan 25th 2010, 9:44 am
BE Enthusiast

LivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the rough

I can't remember who was looking but I saw chicken stock in Esselunga last week

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.