Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

The Comfort Zone. Favourite food, drinks, where to buy, and recipes.

The Comfort Zone. Favourite food, drinks, where to buy, and recipes.

Old Jan 17th 2010, 10:17 am
Forum Regular

Salerno will become famous soon enough
Default Re: The Comfort Zone. Favourite food, drinks, where to buy, and recipes.

Originally Posted by indiebird
Must admit that I only really cook a main meal for myself during the week as Jamie eats lunch at work and the kids eat lunch at school. I was making dinner in the evenings at first, but the kids wouldn't eat much and Jamie was putting on weight so we just have 'tea' now. Most of my Italian friends think I'm mad and cruel, but we're happy just eating a little meal in the evenings, and, I have lost and continue to lose weight on this regime without dieting so it can't be bad can it??!!
I normally just do a salad or a snack in the evenings and get the same thing from the mother in law "they are hungry and need to eat" but when I make dinner it doesn't get eat and goes to the dogs so I stopped it
Old Jan 17th 2010, 12:10 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Comfort Zone. Favourite food, drinks, where to buy, and recipes.

Lol! I'm so glad it's not just mine! He does say he loses weight here though. He reckons a chicken lasts him and his biz partner in Spain 4 meals!!! I try that and he moans he hasn't enough on his plate! He insists on chicken or tuna if I want to do veggie or just pasta - honestly he's just a piggywig!! That's great indie! Stick to it and you won't need to chase those big Italian women anymore!! Lol!
Old Jan 17th 2010, 2:58 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TestaRossa
Lol! I'm so glad it's not just mine! He does say he loses weight here though. He reckons a chicken lasts him and his biz partner in Spain 4 meals!!! I try that and he moans he hasn't enough on his plate! He insists on chicken or tuna if I want to do veggie or just pasta - honestly he's just a piggywig!! That's great indie! Stick to it and you won't need to chase those big Italian women anymore!! Lol!
Yeah well done Indie.
I must say that I adapted very quickly to the Italian way of eating later in the evenings - but I brought it forwards a bit for the kids and try to have dinner on the table about 6.30pm.

None of us are ever hungry when folks in the UK start talking about what to have for tea at 5pm though.

Made a bit of a Sunday lunch for the kids and I today - sausage and mash with gravy. Both kids have discovered they love fried onions too when they go all soft and sweet.
Old Jan 17th 2010, 3:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

PAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to behold

Well done Indie, the scales won't budge for me yet but I do a workout some mornings to Rosemary Conley's DVD with Colleen Nolan in the living room so here's hoping.
Old Jan 17th 2010, 4:00 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by PAT M
Well done Indie, the scales won't budge for me yet but I do a workout some mornings to Rosemary Conley's DVD with Colleen Nolan in the living room so here's hoping.
Well done Indie!
I do the kids Wii in the morning have all my Wii fit stuff and ordered the biggest loser wii last week from amazon.uk so if anyone has a wii and wants to train together just let me know and I'll hook up to the wifi. Need to shift the weight I put on pre xmas, xmas and post xmas I do like to go out walking in the evenings and normally walk to school to get the oldest one now seeing as its only 10 minutes down the road.
Old Jan 17th 2010, 6:07 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

I've sports active and was looking at family trainer which looks good fun! Need to get back into it. I want to lose a stone before Easter when my son comes back and the next batch of hols happen!
Old Jan 17th 2010, 6:13 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Mum bought me a wii and balance board for xmas. Great fun, but oh hogs it to play super mario cart!
Old Jan 17th 2010, 7:16 pm
The Original Red Head!

Alex wants us to get that and another two remotes so we can all play! They play against each other on their ds's!!
Old Jan 17th 2010, 7:30 pm
Forum Regular

I've sports active and was looking at family trainer which looks good fun! Need to get back into it. I want to lose a stone before Easter when my son comes back and the next batch of hols happen!
family trainer? Is that the one with the camera? didn't like the sound of seeing my image and the voice saying "yes you are a fat cow shift some of that weight!!!!"

I have all the sports ones and allow the kids to only play stuff where they need to move so they don't turn into zombies!!!! I enjoy it but and challenge my best mate, in NI, to tennis when she comes in from dropping of her children at school while on the phone and having a laugh. Once hubby came in and caught me playing tennis on the Wii, talking on the phone and laughing my head off while calling her all the names under the sun because she was winning he thought I was nuts
Old Jan 17th 2010, 7:32 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by 37100
Mum bought me a wii and balance board for xmas. Great fun, but oh hogs it to play super mario cart!
take the batteries out of the steering wheel and reclaim the balance board.

Hey we could have a weight lose thread where we encourage each other and share tips and give off
Old Jan 17th 2010, 9:31 pm
The Original Red Head!

Originally Posted by Salerno
family trainer? Is that the one with the camera? didn't like the sound of seeing my image and the voice saying "yes you are a fat cow shift some of that weight!!!!"

I have all the sports ones and allow the kids to only play stuff where they need to move so they don't turn into zombies!!!! I enjoy it but and challenge my best mate, in NI, to tennis when she comes in from dropping of her children at school while on the phone and having a laugh. Once hubby came in and caught me playing tennis on the Wii, talking on the phone and laughing my head off while calling her all the names under the sun because she was winning he thought I was nuts
No thats something else - Your body image or something! I thought about that but it sounded just like sports active. Family trainer comes with a dance mat but you are pretending to canoe or abseil and other outdoors things without having to do them! Two can play at once and it looks like fun. There's a new version come out with more activities. I've noticed it seems to be reduced pretty quick here but the amazon reviews are pretty good, so it might just be Italy!! Blockbusters are doing the two games and the mat for €60 at the moment. It's more in pounds plus postage for the two off amazon!!
Old Jan 17th 2010, 9:59 pm
Forum Regular

No thats something else - Your body image or something! I thought about that but it sounded just like sports active. Family trainer comes with a dance mat but you are pretending to canoe or abseil and other outdoors things without having to do them! Two can play at once and it looks like fun. There's a new version come out with more activities. I've noticed it seems to be reduced pretty quick here but the amazon reviews are pretty good, so it might just be Italy!! Blockbusters are doing the two games and the mat for €60 at the moment. It's more in pounds plus postage for the two off amazon!!

Oh I'll have a go at that! I don't like the ones that talk back to me while I'm trying to weight myself while standing on one foot or putting packs of water bottles on the mat to try to fool the thing I like the dancing one. I can take it to the mother in laws and let the kids go mad just to annoy her downstairs neighbours who complain about any noise at 3pm but who keep her up all night with their parties and load music and then threatened her when she goes to tell them to shut up. Bloody students! Thing is they are 36 years old!!!!!!
Old Jan 18th 2010, 7:26 am
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Family trainer was in our xmas sack too. It's meant for younger families, but everyone had hysterics at me trying to skip. The 2 game version was on offer here after xmas Auchan for €58, but they soon sold out.
Old Jan 18th 2010, 8:44 am
The Original Red Head!

37100 - is that a recommendation then?!
Old Jan 18th 2010, 10:22 am
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of

ooohhh!! We have the wii fit and mario cart and a few other games. Must admit I haven't used it for ages!! Watching other people hula hoop is priceless!! DH is strangly attractive when he hulahoops The kids like to play cooking mama, which has to be the most annoying game on the planet!! I too enjoy walking as much as I can to be honest and also go to Yoga once a week too but that's about it on the exercise front. If I don't enjoy stuff then I don't stick to it.

Back on the thread, I saw Dorset Cereals in the Coop here last week!! This is Oh's fave muesli and he normally brings back loads from the UK. It's €4 a box though but better than the €8.50 we found it for in a shop in Torino a couple of years ago. We took our lives in our hands too as it was in a really rough area of the City and there we were wandering about trying to get the kids to shut up speaking in loud English and making us look even more like tourists!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.