Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Codice Fiscale Card

Codice Fiscale Card

Old Jan 1st 2017, 3:20 pm
Forum Regular

OliveCameToo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Codice Fiscale Card

We applied for the Codice Fiscale on the 8th November and still haven't received the cards. I know things are laid back in Italy but do members think this may be too long?
We need to sort this out before end of January as we are renting in a different area and have been told we need to go back to change the address.
Old Jan 1st 2017, 5:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Margaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Codice Fiscale Card

Originally Posted by OliveCameToo
We applied for the Codice Fiscale on the 8th November and still haven't received the cards. I know things are laid back in Italy but do members think this may be too long?
We need to sort this out before end of January as we are renting in a different area and have been told we need to go back to change the address.
We have never received a card for the Codice Fiscale, only a paper version, and we have been here 10 years. Our Tessere Sanatiarie have our Codice Fiscale on them, so we use those, but I guess you don't yet have one of these.
Old Jan 1st 2017, 6:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond repute

we were issued fairly promptly with paper versions when applying in person in Italy. The plastic cards took one month for myself and several for my OH. I have no idea wny. My UK resident children ( for inheritance purposes) applied via an Italian consulate in Uk and it took months for their paper versions to arrive.But eventually they did. Paper versions are perfectly acceptable.
Old Jan 2nd 2017, 5:47 am
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute

It depends whether you or someonee else crossed the box 'tessera' on the application form. usually if you put a foreign residence and an Itlaian domicile they will sent you a card as its obvious you are not resident and wont have a health card. If you put an italian residence they wont send a tessera because your health card will have your CF on it.
Old Jan 2nd 2017, 7:55 am
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

There is no need to notify the AdE as when you sign up for residency at your new place at the town hall the tax register will be updated. If you are entitled to healthcare, the ASL notifies the AdE and they will send you one of newer cards with a chip in it.
Old Jan 2nd 2017, 10:46 am
Forum Regular

Totally confused now!

When we applied our (temporary) 'residency' was a campsite. We asked if that would suit as an address and were told yes.

We got a paper version, there, on the spot.

The guy filled in the form but didnt mention 'tessera'.

I thought a Tessera WAS a health card?

Were we technically resident? - first 'address' a camp site, then we moved in to house sit for friends. We will be from January 1st as we have started renting.

We're not entitled to healthcare, we have private health insurance.

Please forgive my non understanding of all this. Not only am I struggling with officialdom but also the language!
Old Jan 2nd 2017, 10:51 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Totally confused now!

When we applied our (temporary) 'residency' was a campsite. We asked if that would suit as an address and were told yes.

We got a paper version, there, on the spot.

The guy filled in the form but didnt mention 'tessera'.

I thought a Tessera WAS a health card?

Were we technically resident? - first 'address' a camp site, then we moved in to house sit for friends. We will be from January 1st as we have started renting.

We're not entitled to healthcare, we have private health insurance.

Please forgive my non understanding of all this. Not only am I struggling with officialdom but also the language!
Your paper codice fiscale is absolutely fine.
The tessera sanitaria is indeed the NHS health card but the codice fiscale is also printed on it.
I have both. If anybody asks for my codice fiscale I can whip either card out of my purse. I have had to write it out that often that I actually know if off by heart now anyway.
Old Jan 2nd 2017, 1:49 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you, I think I get it now
Old Jan 2nd 2017, 6:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Serrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you, I think I get it now
I think it's useful here to understand that 'tessera' really means simply a 'card' and thus can be used in many different contexts - much as in English. But, as in English, once the context is clear you don't need to keep specifying what sort of 'card' you're talking about.
Old Jan 2nd 2017, 7:26 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Serrano
I think it's useful here to understand that 'tessera' really means simply a 'card' and thus can be used in many different contexts - much as in English. But, as in English, once the context is clear you don't need to keep specifying what sort of 'card' you're talking about.
That sound quite complicated until you have a Coop discount card and the till girl says "ha la tessera?". In that case and others it does mean just a plastic card. A loyalty card or a discount card or any other card.
Old Jan 3rd 2017, 8:10 am
Forum Regular

What are the ADE and ASL please?
Old Jan 3rd 2017, 8:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Margaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond repute

What are the ADE and ASL please?
Agencia del'Entrata and Agencia Sanitario Locale - apologies for the spelling - basically the tax office and the health service. I am sure someone else could put it better than me though.
Old Jan 3rd 2017, 9:14 am
BE Forum Addict

ononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Codice Fiscale Card HMRC

Originally Posted by Margaret M
Agencia del'Entrata and Agencia Sanitario Locale - apologies for the spelling - basically the tax office and the health service. I am sure someone else could put it better than me though.
Explained very well: I tell anyone that asks that ADE = HMRC and ASL = NHS.
Old Jan 8th 2017, 4:47 pm
Forum Regular

fliss59 is a jewel in the roughfliss59 is a jewel in the roughfliss59 is a jewel in the roughfliss59 is a jewel in the rough

Our lovely estate agent queued up for our codice fiscale and we just have a paper version. We're non resident at the moment so don't know if this will change when we apply for residency
Old Jan 8th 2017, 6:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Serrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fliss59
Our lovely estate agent queued up for our codice fiscale and we just have a paper version. We're non resident at the moment so don't know if this will change when we apply for residency
There are very few things in Italy where you can say "absolutely not, no way, never" - but this is one of them. I'm almost surprised that they don't tattoo people with their CF at Birth. Rest assured, it will not change.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.