Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Cinque Terre in Winter

Cinque Terre in Winter

Old Nov 21st 2004, 1:16 am
Just Joined

travel_diva is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cinque Terre in Winter

We are planning ot be in Italy in the last week of December. I have heard that it rains a lot and is very cold. Any ideas?
Old Nov 21st 2004, 8:26 pm
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cinque Terre in Winter

Originally Posted by travel_diva
We are planning ot be in Italy in the last week of December. I have heard that it rains a lot and is very cold. Any ideas?
Sweaters and raincoats?
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 5:05 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by travel_diva
I was in Naples for week before Xmas a few years back and that was T-shirts & jeans weather. Hit & miss though, best take a cagoule.
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 2:51 pm
Forum Regular

jsm66 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Don
I was in Naples for week before Xmas a few years back and that was T-shirts & jeans weather. Hit & miss though, best take a cagoule.
We spent about 2 wks in March 2005 around Cinque Terre as we had to pick up our car from the port.. Owing to the snowy blizzards inland we had to stay for about a week until the snow cleared. We were based in Rapallo and had a wonderful time with blue skies despite the cold fresh weather.. It was great after the event .. we found Genoa top be too cold. Portofino is lovely anytime of the year.
Pot luck I suppose ..