Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Cinema, Music, Literature - your recommendations?

Cinema, Music, Literature - your recommendations?

Old Jun 1st 2010, 1:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of
Default Re: Cinema, Music, Literature - your recommendations?

Originally Posted by TestaRossa
I liked New Order, that was it...seriously...

Tbh I was a big Oasis fan, still think there old stuff was great - we lived around the corner from their mum, and by default them, for 12 years while we were married...They went to the senior school up the road from our house, but I never actually knew them...Must be something in the Manchester water I think! Btw - no-one in Manchester speaks like the Gallaghers. Royale Family, unfortunately, is far more like it. We never watched it - already lived it once didn't need to sit through it all again!
hmmmm Oasis? The first album yeah alright, maybe the second but after that I thought they lacked originality... the only Lennon/ McCartney partnership for me is, funnily enough, Lennon and McCartney! Oh thinks they were great but then he likes Coldplay and Travis....
Old Jun 1st 2010, 1:30 pm
Forum Regular

Anderson Council has a spectacular aura aboutAnderson Council has a spectacular aura aboutAnderson Council has a spectacular aura about

Oasis, Coldplay, Travis... Yeuch! Mondays... Brilliant! From that period I'm a big fan of the Screamadelica album too, but not much else by Primal Scream. I checked out Monaco on youtube but quality not great so can't judge. (Ps. Hey Duffer, you got told off by Lorna this morning. How does that make you feel? Pretty damn sexy, I bet.)
Old Jun 1st 2010, 1:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Anderson Council
Oasis, Coldplay, Travis... Yeuch! Mondays... Brilliant! From that period I'm a big fan of the Screamadelica album too, but not much else by Primal Scream. I checked out Monaco on youtube but quality not great so can't judge. (Ps. Hey Duffer, you got told off by Lorna this morning. How does that make you feel? Pretty damn sexy, I bet.)
ooh yeah I love that Primal Scream album! I always feel that my musical taste is not very obscure but quite wide but ignores a lot of the obvious suspects... I have never liked U2 for example. I just don't get why other people think they are so great, but I've got a real thing for Pulp. Not unknown, just a bit quirky.... could listen to Morcheeba all day if in the right mood and Portishead too.
Old Jun 1st 2010, 1:46 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

You wanna get a telling off as well for rubbing it in?
And it wasn't just Duffer - it was Bricwood too. I just didn't want it to turn into a tit for tat.
Old Jun 1st 2010, 1:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
You wanna get a telling off as well for rubbing it in?
And it wasn't just Duffer - it was Bricwood too. I just didn't want it to turn into a tit for tat.
oooh where was that did I miss something??
Old Jun 1st 2010, 1:55 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

Funny how we've moved away from Italian music!! I like Pulp, no-one else in the family does, thinks they are too depressing, also like Coldplay, especially the latest stuff. Alex loves the Beatles now. I also like a bit of opera and Japanese drum music, so a bit of everything really!
Old Jun 1st 2010, 2:02 pm
Forum Regular

Anderson Council has a spectacular aura aboutAnderson Council has a spectacular aura aboutAnderson Council has a spectacular aura about

"Japanese drum music"? Shurely shome mishtake...hic...
Old Jun 1st 2010, 2:03 pm
Forum Regular

Oops, double post. Too much Amaro Lucano.

Last edited by Anderson Council; Jun 1st 2010 at 2:08 pm.
Old Jun 1st 2010, 2:06 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

Kodo drummers... Went to see them live just over a year ago here in Florence.
Old Jun 1st 2010, 2:11 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TestaRossa
Funny how we've moved away from Italian music!!
Possibly because none of us grew up with Italian music.
Old Jun 1st 2010, 2:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

angeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to all

Bit of a Blur girl and then progressed to Gorillaz, Radiohead, Jarvis Cocker and so on.
Sad I know but now like the Killers, Kings of Lean, even Paulo Nutini's last.
Old Jun 1st 2010, 2:29 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by angeli
Bit of a Blur girl and then progressed to Gorillaz, Radiohead, Jarvis Cocker and so on.
Sad I know but now like the Killers, Kings of Lean, even Paulo Nutini's last.
Youngster! Actually I reckon Damon Albarn has proved to be the real outstanding talent of his whole generation. Have you heard Think Tank? It has a song called "Good Song" that I really love. And of course "Tender" is fab.
Old Jun 1st 2010, 3:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

angeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to all

Youngster! Actually I reckon Damon Albarn has proved to be the real outstanding talent of his whole generation. Have you heard Think Tank? It has a song called "Good Song" that I really love. And of course "Tender" is fab.
Got Best of Blur, which does have 'Tender' but not 'Good Song'...will have to find box of cd's and look for Think Tank....now where is that box
Old Jun 1st 2010, 5:03 pm
The Original Red Head!

Absolute favourite bands: Linkin' Park and The Who

Loved Elton John's early stuff like Captain Fantastic etc (and Pinball Wizard of course!). Anyone of a certain age NOT got a copy of DSOTM and a YES album or two stashed??!
Old Jun 1st 2010, 5:12 pm
Forum Regular

D.S.O.T.M. best album ever made. Floyd best band who ever existed. (Floyd took their name from two old bluesmen: Pink ANDERSON and Floyd COUNCIL). Generally though my tastes are much nearer Indie's, I think. Can't stand The Who for example. Or any of that 60's rubbish (cept Velvet Underground and Iggy and Bowie). For me, rock pretty much started with The Sex Pistols and ended with The Stone Roses.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.