Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Changes to Passport Renewal Process for Expats

Changes to Passport Renewal Process for Expats

Old Feb 12th 2014, 7:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Sancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to all
Default Re: Changes to Passport Renewal Process for Expats

Instructions here:

https://www.gov.uk/overseas-passports/y
Old Feb 12th 2014, 8:10 am
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sancho
Unfortunately, as I found out, it doesn't give you the actual address until after you've paid. Then, in Italy's case at least, they expect you to send prescious documents via Poste Italiane! And if, after 15days, they haven't received anything they send you a curt email.
Old Feb 12th 2014, 8:13 am
BE Forum Addict

ononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 37100
Unfortunately, as I found out, it doesn't give you the actual address until after you've paid. Then, in Italy's case at least, they expect you to send prescious documents via Poste Italiane! And if, after 15days, they haven't received anything they send you a curt email.
Ciao 37100 - may I ask what document you sent as proof of address in Italy?
Many thanks.
by by dicette l'inglese
Old Feb 12th 2014, 8:33 am
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ononno
Ciao 37100 - may I ask what document you sent as proof of address in Italy?
Many thanks.
by by dicette l'inglese
Mine -our's- were stolen so I needed a lot more than proof of residency. for that document, I have sent off the 'attestato di residenza fiscale persone fisiche' as suggested by another poster here. Took several trips to the AdE to find someone who knew what it was, how to do it and how to use a computer, and who wasn't on holiday/sick. The AdE are fully aware that we use them for obtaining documents from the UK and not just for tax purposes. I know it's not your case Ononno, but you can only have it if you are legal tax wise. They check your position and that of family members resident at the same address. Oh, and they don't have enough money to print black/red. I let you know the outcome.

I also had to have ID translated. That is lost in the post, but if anyone needs a translator in/near Verona, I can give you the address. I eventually went and picked them up myself.

I had a fit when I saw that we were expected to send everything to a PO box in Durham! I phoned and they gave me the address.
Old Feb 12th 2014, 12:57 pm
Just Joined

Phorest is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Changes to Passport Renewal Process for Expats

Originally Posted by 37100
Passports are now done online. Once you have paid you print of the declaration page and the instructions for what you need to enclose in the envelope and where to send it. In the case of Italy, to Durham.
Thank you! Not being to find it was starting to make me question my sanity.