centipedes..

Old Apr 12th 2011, 10:37 am
Forum Regular

ambra_wandsworth will become famous soon enough
Default Re: centipedes..

I have a problem with pigeons as well, they love to stand on one side of my roof so part of my terrace is in such a state.
I've bought some sort of sylicon gel that can be applied on roof, railings, is called "vola via" saratoga, that should keep them away. It's sold in paint or tool shop.
Still have to put it on, I'm waiting for some workers to do that, as soon as they can.
I got so annoyed that at same point I thought to poison them..
I hope this attempt will be successfull.
Old Apr 12th 2011, 2:51 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Ohh. Didn't know that exsisted. Have to look out for it for Turin. The neighbours their love feeding the birds. As for centipedes. At least they feast on the nasty mozzies. I hate cockroaches. They move fast, very fast. Had to call the town hall for a huge rat the last week.
Old Apr 12th 2011, 3:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ononno
only one way to treat invasive pigeons - a big shotgun.
ciao for now,
'o nonno
My nieghbour has a gun but the trouble is that after he's shot them they fall into my ruddy garden
Old Apr 12th 2011, 3:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

pugliese is a jewel in the roughpugliese is a jewel in the roughpugliese is a jewel in the roughpugliese is a jewel in the roughpugliese is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by ambra_wandsworth
I have a problem with pigeons as well, they love to stand on one side of my roof so part of my terrace is in such a state.
I've bought some sort of sylicon gel that can be applied on roof, railings, is called "vola via" saratoga, that should keep them away. It's sold in paint or tool shop.
Still have to put it on, I'm waiting for some workers to do that, as soon as they can.
I got so annoyed that at same point I thought to poison them..
I hope this attempt will be successfull.
When we lived at Lodi we had terrible problems with pigeons and their muck. They would sit on the drainpipe outside our bedroom window and start cooing as soon as the sun came up - what a wonderful way to wake up!
Went to Brico and found a plastic strip where you insert wire spikes and stuck that on top of the drainpipe. Didn't help much though when they sat on the roof because the chimney acted like an amplifier. Thanks goodness there aren't any here in Gallipoli - too many stray cats probably.
Old Apr 12th 2011, 7:27 pm
Forum Regular

Charlotte T is an unknown quantity at this point

We have regular encounters with both centipedes, which I hate as much as everyone else, and scorpions, which I find scary, but interesting! The scorpions like to hide out in our washing basket and I have found dead ones when I take the washing out of the machine on several occasions - just very thankful that so far I haven't managed to touch one as I'm putting it into the machine!

I ignore the centipedes - I hate to kill anything and anyway I find them too repulsive! Eventually the cat gets most of them! I take the scorpions out of the house, but find that if I don't take them far enough away they're back in a a few hours!

I have no idea about pigeons - my OH says rat poison but not sure I'd go along with that!
Old Apr 12th 2011, 7:40 pm
Forum Regular

katiejane is an unknown quantity at this point

i have pigeouns on the roof of our house, and wasp nests also!! they make such a mess, we have a company coming tomorrow morning to get rid of them all thankfully!! xxx
Old Apr 12th 2011, 8:17 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patty
My nieghbour has a gun but the trouble is that after he's shot them they fall into my ruddy garden
Are you any good at making pies
Old Apr 12th 2011, 8:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
Are you any good at making pies
Old Apr 12th 2011, 8:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by katiejane
i have pigeouns on the roof of our house, and wasp nests also!! they make such a mess, we have a company coming tomorrow morning to get rid of them all thankfully!! xxx
oh blimey - yes we have wasp nests too - everywhere ! Not being nosey but is this company very expensive or quite reasonable ??
Old Apr 12th 2011, 8:56 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

oh blimey - yes we have wasp nests too - everywhere ! Not being nosey but is this company very expensive or quite reasonable ??
When I moved into this place it was January. In Spring I kept finding those giant dangly leg wasp like creatures in the lounge. The Italians called them Calabrone.
I squished and squashed them all but they were always hanging around. Eventually we discovered that there was an old nest in the hollow where the blind rolls up and they were coming in trying to reactivate it.

Quite a few Italian friends told me to call the fire brigade (not on emergency number but local station number) and they would come and sort it for free.

They did and told me that the nest was old and dead but needed removing and destroying and that they also and especaially do live nests.... especially in or on inhabited buildings.

The also sprayed the hollow and walls and outside of the wall with some harmless to humans organic tree stuff that wasps and calabrone hate. Never had them back since.
Old Apr 13th 2011, 12:06 pm
Forum Regular

katiejane is an unknown quantity at this point

Not sure how much it would be just for the wasps and pigeons. We have quite a large villa, and are getting all the wasp nests and pigeons removed/sprayed, all the gutters cleaned out, two fire places cleaned also, for 850 euro. .. none of the has been done in 20 years, i thought it was quite a good price for the size of job. Good luck with your one! xxxx
Old Apr 13th 2011, 9:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by katiejane
Not sure how much it would be just for the wasps and pigeons. We have quite a large villa, and are getting all the wasp nests and pigeons removed/sprayed, all the gutters cleaned out, two fire places cleaned also, for 850 euro. .. none of the has been done in 20 years, i thought it was quite a good price for the size of job. Good luck with your one! xxxx
thanks for that - It sounds pretty reasonable and I hope that they do a good job for you