centipedes..

Old Apr 10th 2011, 7:27 pm
Forum Regular

katiejane is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation centipedes..

hey!! just wondered if anyone else finds centipedes in there home?? there a nightmare!! are they harmless? xxx
Old Apr 10th 2011, 7:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: centipedes..

Oh blimey - I'd forgotten about those beasties. We get them every year and they are HUGE !! I dont usually kill anything if I can but these move so fast and they are really horrid. They seem to like living in crevices etc - I'd never seen them before coming over here. Just give them a good wack with a slipper
(but you have to be really quick !!)
Old Apr 10th 2011, 7:50 pm
Forum Regular

there horrible are they!! i hadnt saw one before either untill i came here!! iv saw 3 in two weeks!! hate all creepy crawlys!! never mind these !! lol xxxx
Old Apr 10th 2011, 8:41 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

I don't recall ever having a problem with centipedes.
Ants - sometimes yes. Flying ants over the last few years - yes.
Flies and mosquitoes every summer - yes.
Old Apr 11th 2011, 6:45 am
Forum Regular

iv found 3 centipedes in 2 weeks, hope that doesnt mean theres a problem!

iv never had problems with ants thankfully, xxx
Old Apr 11th 2011, 9:03 am
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

3 centipedes means you've got rats in your house and/or scorpion eggs somewhere, doesn't it?
Old Apr 11th 2011, 11:51 am
BE Enthusiast

pugliese is a jewel in the roughpugliese is a jewel in the roughpugliese is a jewel in the roughpugliese is a jewel in the roughpugliese is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by katiejane
there horrible are they!! i hadnt saw one before either untill i came here!! iv saw 3 in two weeks!! hate all creepy crawlys!! never mind these !! lol xxxx
often have them in our villa and do my best to swat them straight away which sends my husband into a fit because he says they smell. But when he is not there and one crosses my path I kill it straight away. Obviously I remove all the evidence of the murder but I bet as soon as OH comes in the door, he says "hai schiacciato un millepiede" - Nooooooooo of course not you say I shouldn't.

Many a time I have had a really good sniff over the dead corpse, but honestly can't smell a thing, it must be OH Italian nose. Do you think they smell, have a whiff.
Old Apr 11th 2011, 12:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of

We get them in the house here but I just scoop them up and put them outside.....
Old Apr 11th 2011, 3:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by indiebird
We get them in the house here but I just scoop them up and put them outside.....
I know and you are right Indie -I do try not to kill anything but I really just cant overcome my repulsion at these. They are really big and not like any centipede I've ever seen before. They move like lightning and when I saw one on my ceiling that was that I'm afraid I had visions of it dropping on me in the night
I do put spiders and cimici (not sure of the english name) and moths etc outside!
Old Apr 11th 2011, 4:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Patty
I know and you are right Indie -I do try not to kill anything but I really just cant overcome my repulsion at these. They are really big and not like any centipede I've ever seen before. They move like lightning and when I saw one on my ceiling that was that I'm afraid I had visions of it dropping on me in the night
I do put spiders and cimici (not sure of the english name) and moths etc outside!
I had a HUGE one under the bath mat the other day! I feel your fear but I still put it outside. The kids were going berserk!! I really hate ants the most..... they've started already.....
Old Apr 11th 2011, 7:14 pm
Forum Regular

never new they had a smell, its there speed and size that scare me! i also have to kill it, couldnt risk losing it, and knowing its still going about!! lol, hopefully i dont see another one in a hurry! xxx
Old Apr 11th 2011, 8:01 pm
Forum Regular

Scratcher has a reputation beyond reputeScratcher has a reputation beyond reputeScratcher has a reputation beyond reputeScratcher has a reputation beyond reputeScratcher has a reputation beyond reputeScratcher has a reputation beyond reputeScratcher has a reputation beyond reputeScratcher has a reputation beyond reputeScratcher has a reputation beyond reputeScratcher has a reputation beyond reputeScratcher has a reputation beyond repute

I once caught a scorpion in my apartment. I kept it in a glass tank for a while as a pet, before setting it free.

Scratcher
Old Apr 11th 2011, 8:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by indiebird
I had a HUGE one under the bath mat the other day! I feel your fear but I still put it outside. The kids were going berserk!! I really hate ants the most..... they've started already.....
Isnt it strange how different we all are Ants dont bother me in the slightest. In fact I find them quite interesting (weird I know). I dont mind lizards either or bats (they're sweet). I force myself to put a glass over most things but the centipedey thingy I just cant. Besides ...they're far too quick !
OH is having a fit at the mo cos our barn is full of pigeons and they cak on everything. He is really angry and says they are flying rats! Mind you - maybe he's right - our wood for burning is full of crap and they just seem to increase in number all the time. We cant even park the car there.
Any useful suggestions for pigeon overload welcome
Old Apr 12th 2011, 5:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Scorpions!!!

I used to find the ants interesting until I went into my kitchen one morning to find a black wall and windows because flying ants had moved in overnight. Even half the floor was moving. This was the first time I bought Ant Powder.......

I've got no idea about pigeons.... sorry Patty -although I do know that the airport keep some falcons on hand to scare birds away from the runways. So maybe you could find yourself a Falconer.....
Old Apr 12th 2011, 6:33 am
BE Forum Addict

ononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond repute

only one way to treat invasive pigeons - a big shotgun.
ciao for now,
'o nonno

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.