Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

cash withdrawal

cash withdrawal

Old Nov 19th 2017, 9:40 pm
Forum Regular

heritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond repute
Default cash withdrawal

I'm a bit confused about the rules governing how much cash it's now possible to take out of the bank in one go or within a set period. I've had conflicting information from various sources, including two different messages from my bank! Can anyone help please?
Old Nov 20th 2017, 6:19 am
Just Joined

Mincepie is a jewel in the roughMincepie is a jewel in the roughMincepie is a jewel in the roughMincepie is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: cash withdrawal

Although I don't have much experience of withdrawing large amounts, I think it will probably differ slightly from bank to bank, and also depend on whether you use debit card or over the counter. Large sums would probably have to be arranged.
However I could fully expect there could be an official max amount.... which could be worked around!
Old Nov 20th 2017, 6:46 am
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute

With Unicredit you can give them a call and they will increase the limit straight away.
Old Nov 20th 2017, 9:16 am
BE Enthusiast

GeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud of

Ditto with our bank. I had to pay my tax bill by bank transfer earlier this year. Did the first lot with the max. daily allowance and then went to do the rest only to find the max. monthly allowance was now the problem. A quick visit to the branch and the limit was immediately raised to an amount of my choosing. Quite an Italian approach in many ways: yes there is a rule but also a way of avoiding that rule.
Old Nov 20th 2017, 11:43 am
Forum Regular

Donna Noble has a reputation beyond reputeDonna Noble has a reputation beyond reputeDonna Noble has a reputation beyond reputeDonna Noble has a reputation beyond reputeDonna Noble has a reputation beyond reputeDonna Noble has a reputation beyond reputeDonna Noble has a reputation beyond reputeDonna Noble has a reputation beyond reputeDonna Noble has a reputation beyond reputeDonna Noble has a reputation beyond reputeDonna Noble has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by heritagestanley
I'm a bit confused about the rules governing how much cash it's now possible to take out of the bank in one go or within a set period. I've had conflicting information from various sources, including two different messages from my bank! Can anyone help please?
From the bank, I don't know but don't forget you can only take 10,000 euros in cash through customs! Good luck!
Old Nov 22nd 2017, 7:40 am
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute

It depends on your bank. Using the atm machine in your branch of your bank, it is theoretically unlimited. in any other bank there is a daily limit of 250/500 euros. with a monthly limit of 1500 which can be adjusted up to 2500.
You can pay in cash up to 3000 euros or 10000 if you are non resident and provide your passport as proof of nonresidence. But... best to go and ask.