Car Insurance

Old Apr 8th 2011, 10:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Pecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to behold
Default Car Insurance

My car insurance (Italian car) is due in July so I have a few months to deal with it.

Suggestions on who is cheapest at the moment would be most welcomed.

Thanks

Pete
Old Apr 8th 2011, 1:22 pm
Forum Regular

giodafa will become famous soon enoughgiodafa will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Car Insurance

try this to give you a rough idea http://www.6sicuro.it/assicurazioni/...FdMRfAodbUcCCg
Old Apr 8th 2011, 1:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by giodafa
Thanks

I will give them a go
Old Apr 8th 2011, 1:38 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

You need to check how much notice you have to give your old insurance company. Most of them want at least a month and by registered post as well ... so it's something you need to check and do now if you want to change companies in June.
Old Apr 8th 2011, 1:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
You need to check how much notice you have to give your old insurance company. Most of them want at least a month and by registered post as well ... so it's something you need to check and do now if you want to change companies in June.
Thanks I will look at that.
Old Apr 8th 2011, 2:33 pm
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

Why do you need to give notice to your old insurance company?

Laws were introduced in 2006 allowing more flexibility. The majority of insurance policies bought online and over the phone are for 12 months and do not renew automatically therefore no notice is required.

Just check your contract to make sure it doesn't renew at 12 months.

You do however need the Attestato di Rischio from your existing policy to send to your new insurance company.
Old Apr 8th 2011, 3:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

chris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nice

i found these people to be the cheapest by a good margin http://www.italsure.co.uk/
Old Apr 8th 2011, 3:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by chris120
i found these people to be the cheapest by a good margin http://www.italsure.co.uk/
I have requested a quote, Thanks
Old Apr 9th 2011, 5:59 am
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute

YOu still have to give notice to some companies, not all, via fax sending the Attestato di rischio to the new company and the disdetta to the old. I have found that Italsure has gone up alarmingly. I was with Direct line, and went to ConTe part of Admiral Insurance which was the cheapest by far for 3rd party F/T. For fully comp I'd still go Italsure.
Old Apr 9th 2011, 6:58 pm
Just Joined

brian964 is an unknown quantity at this point

In my experience it is cheaper getting quotes online. Some of the bigger companies offer discounts when ordering online, because it is less work for them. But to be safe you could compare quotes online, pick the best offer and try a local agency to see if they can match it or do better.

I recommend this site for online comparing: REMOVED LINK

Last edited by Lorna at Vicenza; Apr 10th 2011 at 7:26 am. Reason: link to website removed
Old Apr 10th 2011, 7:28 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brian964
In my experience it is cheaper getting quotes online. Some of the bigger companies offer discounts when ordering online, because it is less work for them. But to be safe you could compare quotes online, pick the best offer and try a local agency to see if they can match it or do better.

I recommend this site for online comparing: REMOVED LINK

I removed the link to the website as it is USA only. The OP is in Italy so that website is no good to him or any other poster in Italy.
Old Apr 13th 2011, 10:18 am
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently much cheaper in the UK now -
http://tinyurl.com/4yzde2u
3 years in a row that car insurance premiums have risen on average by more than 30 per cent. Although I presume you are still getting fully comp cover.