Car accidents

Old Oct 1st 2013, 11:56 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud of
Default Re: Car accidents

The trouble with going with the CID of course is that as it was your fault you will pay more insurance next year.

Happened to the OH in a car park last year .. very very minor scratch to another car while reversing out. The other party insisted on the CID so we paid higher insurance this year. It gets recorded on your attestato di something...
Old Oct 1st 2013, 12:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Isakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MarkRD
The trouble with going with the CID of course is that as it was your fault you will pay more insurance next year.

Happened to the OH in a car park last year .. very very minor scratch to another car while reversing out. The other party insisted on the CID so we paid higher insurance this year. It gets recorded on your attestato di something...
I checked, I will only loose the protected no-claims bonus.
Old Oct 1st 2013, 12:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Isakat
..which means you wil pay more next time
Old Oct 1st 2013, 2:23 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Isakat
..which means you wil pay more next time
Not necessarily. Happened to us. Meant we lost the bonus, but we neither paid more, nor lost our cat. And it didn't show up on the 'attestazione'.

Another thing to remember is that you do not have to fill in the CID, but you do have to report the accident to your insurance company for a claim.
Old Dec 14th 2013, 6:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Isakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond repute

I had another car accident yesterday

Got hit on the side by an old woman on a junction who did nor respect her stop line.
She had one eye, could not walk out from the car, was confused and I had to shout at her to hear me.

I asked her to give me her ID, car insurance and licence and she had none, telling me that her husband had them.

She begged me to not call the police, but after I took all photos of the junction, her number plate and cars, including her face, I called the Carabinieri. Yes, I took a photo of her face too as I do not want anyone telling me later that it was my son or husband driving.
They said they would come as the station is 5 min. down the road, but after 10 min, she left and I drove to the Police station.

Showed them the photos, filled in a denuncia( she gave me her name, but they were more interested in the number plate as the name could be false)and I also told them that this person legally can not drive as she is so sick.

When they saw the photos, they said that they know her, she caused another car accident last week.
So, more effing respraying and days without a car.... I hate the drivers in this country!!!!!!
Old Dec 14th 2013, 11:13 am
Banned

6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute

Not an accident but some seriously dodgy driving going on last night

2 lane autostrada, motorbikes flying up the hard shoulder at 80 to 90mph with cars doing the same!

So the highway was 3 lanes but at the junctions some cars were trying to join the proper lane slowing the right lane to a hault as it was busy, others were staying in 5th gear and hammering up the inside of them and shooting up the hard shoulder, the middle lande was knocking along at 70 odd miles an hour and in order to avoid the chaos i pulled to the left, gave it a bit of gas and had someone sitting in my boot at 90mph.. i hate being tail gated so gave it a squirt to 100 and found a gap and pulld in... it was like the wacky races as usual

p.s i do not normally drive quite so quickly and do not like doing 100 except in germany when it is nice and clear, point is the insane 80 to 90mph drivers gonig up the hardshoulder lane way faster than the middle lane it is very off putting and causes a lot of lane changing so you have to have your eyeballs 100% aware of cars that might change lane..

I know for a fact my driving has deteriorated whilst here, I imagine in the UK i would get pulled for speeding and ignoring rules (Some red lights, parking, some small one way areas, roundabout rules) whereas this would not have been the case pre italy!

I remember back in 2005 in the UK i let an italian friend drive my car, came to a roundabout she almost caused a big crash by seeing a gap and jumping in.... 50m later I was driving the car, now though I (Like most of you i am sure) have no issues sticking the nose into roundabouts.. there are not rules except keep your wits about you and assume the other drivers are idiots!

P.S. I Drive like everyone else here as it is the safest way! drive like a BRIT you are going to surprise drivers buy stopping at certain red lights or giving way at roundabouts!

I am not looking forward to returning to the UK at xmas and driving!

Last edited by 6monthshere6monthsthere; Dec 14th 2013 at 11:17 am.
Old Dec 15th 2013, 2:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

chris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nice

I live in Rome too and I drive cars as well as bikes (all over Italy actually), if you think driving is bad now you should have been here 10 years ago before they introduced the points system on the driving licences. Things are much, much calmer now.
Old Dec 16th 2013, 9:38 am
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

Isakat, you seem to attract the bad drivers!! Who needs insurance when we could just have you drive behind us and take the hits.

I think driving here is a lot easier now than 10 years ago not because the drivers have improved but because I am more aware of potential dangers.
Old Dec 16th 2013, 11:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by duffer
Isakat, you seem to attract the bad drivers!! Who needs insurance when we could just have you drive behind us and take the hits.

I think driving here is a lot easier now than 10 years ago not because the drivers have improved but because I am more aware of potential dangers.
The problem is the junction in town, I have seen so many accidents there and the comune does nothing to improve it.
They keep on saying there is no money and the pine trees that are in the middle of the junction are protected.
So, a ludicrous situation, people's lives are at risk, but the trees are more important.
And the b****s at the comune have just raised the aliquota for IMU from 4 to 5.6 %, asking for the difference to be paid before Jan 30.

And still, there is no money.....and if you see how much the admin in the comune earn per month, you will understand why there is no money.

I was actually going to respond to Chris with the same you wrote-nothing has improved in the 10 years, the numbers of causalties hardly goes down, it is our own perception that things are better because we are used to bad driving and we are better prepared.
Old Dec 16th 2013, 11:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Expect you all saw the video of the guy on the autostrada the other night (Milan - Genova I think) who did a U turn, went tdown the wrong way, then went back up again, the wrong way..came to tp the toll booth and realised he was facing the wrong way then turned back again ..
Old Dec 16th 2013, 11:54 am
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

Was it foggy?
Old Dec 16th 2013, 12:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by duffer
Was it foggy?
Not really - it was all picked up on camera. Apparently he was "knackered".
Old Dec 16th 2013, 12:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Not really - it was all picked up on camera. Apparently he was "knackered".

At least there was a camera and he got cought before he killed someone.

Two weeks ago it happened to OH here on the GRA.
He was driving with DS to football practice when a cinquecento was driving towards them in the fast lane. Luckily he had space to avoid a direct hit.

They were a couple of elderly people who must have got confused, still I do not understand why they did not stop in the SOS lane.

They knew they were contramano and were flashing their lights.

OH had no charge o his mobile to call the police and I called 2 hours later to tell them what happened. They just said, noone died.

My OH and DS should thank God for being here.

I hate I hate I hate shitty drivers.
Old Dec 16th 2013, 2:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond repute

sorry to hear about your experience Isakat.
We were driving along the motorway about a month ago - it was torrential rain and the car in front of us was swerving a bit - eventually hubby managed to overtake. Whilst overtaking I managed to sneak a look and it was a lady driving and using her i-PAD on her steering wheel - I was gobsmacked. The drivers over here make me so mad I could scream
Old Dec 16th 2013, 5:33 pm
Banned

6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute

I think it is mandatory to use a phone or iPad whilst driving here

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.