Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Cancelling TIM internet/phone

Cancelling TIM internet/phone

Old Apr 19th 2017, 5:18 pm
Forum Regular

tangerine0072000 will become famous soon enough
Default Cancelling TIM internet/phone

I've had TIM for almost 4 years now and paying 40 euros a month for a phone I don't use and little over 1Mb in Internet speed when paying for 8Mb.

I still haven't got to grips with Italian yet (mainly because I live in the UK). Does anyone know the process for cancelling a service on TIM ? Not sure what to look for on their site.

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks,

Leandro
Old Apr 19th 2017, 6:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Geordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cancelling TIM internet/phone

A few people I've know who have done this have had to send a recorded letter to do so and had a few subsequent problems since, but have successfully got rid of them! One had an old rented hand set (so old they had forgot it) which caused a problem.

Last edited by Geordieborn; Apr 19th 2017 at 7:31 pm. Reason: correct quick reply...
Old Apr 19th 2017, 9:17 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tangerine0072000
I've had TIM for almost 4 years now and paying 40 euros a month for a phone I don't use and little over 1Mb in Internet speed when paying for 8Mb.

I still haven't got to grips with Italian yet (mainly because I live in the UK). Does anyone know the process for cancelling a service on TIM ? Not sure what to look for on their site.

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks,

Leandro
Download the appropriate 'modulo' here.

https://www.tim.it/assistenza/moduli
Old Apr 19th 2017, 10:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Geordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 37100
Download the appropriate 'modulo' here.

https://www.tim.it/assistenza/moduli
great link to have on here...
Old Apr 20th 2017, 9:25 am
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute

is it Telecom Italia (now TIM) landline or TIM mobile contract you have?
Old Apr 20th 2017, 4:37 pm
Forum Regular

its an internet solution, but they made me have the landline which I don't use.

Thanks all for the help. Will give it a whirl.
Old Apr 26th 2017, 3:08 pm
Forum Regular

This is proving more difficult than I thought. I eventually found a form which I thought was appropriate to cancel the telephone and internet. I filled it in extracted the their address from the top their form.
Thought I would pay over the odds to make sure it got there as posting from UK, so used DHL (cost me a tenner).

Got a call from DHL to say the address doesn't exist, so I googled the address to find it was a TIM branch in the duty free section of an airport in Rome which obviously no one can get to. I admire how sneaky that is. If anyone else has got an ideas on how I can cancel my phone line and Internet on TIM, i'd rather send you a tenner ! ;-)
Old Apr 26th 2017, 4:31 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tangerine0072000
This is proving more difficult than I thought. I eventually found a form which I thought was appropriate to cancel the telephone and internet. I filled it in extracted the their address from the top their form.
Thought I would pay over the odds to make sure it got there as posting from UK, so used DHL (cost me a tenner).

Got a call from DHL to say the address doesn't exist, so I googled the address to find it was a TIM branch in the duty free section of an airport in Rome which obviously no one can get to. I admire how sneaky that is. If anyone else has got an ideas on how I can cancel my phone line and Internet on TIM, i'd rather send you a tenner ! ;-)
Its DHL being dumb here. It is not the address of TIM duty free. It is a P.O. box number and far as I know DHL etc do not deliver to P.O. boxes. You need to send it snail mail.
Old Apr 26th 2017, 5:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Someone here might have used the Posta online to send a raccomandata. It looks from this LINK here that you can do so. You then just need to find out if you can upload the form. They are getting very good these days, so I would not be surprised if you could. I would guess you would have to register on their site (free of sourse) and have a bank account/card to pay for it.