Reload this Page >

Canadian War Graves Photo, Cesena Italy, please help

Canadian War Graves Photo, Cesena Italy, please help

Old Aug 4th 2015, 12:06 am
Just Joined

mons14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Canadian War Graves Photo, Cesena Italy, please help

Dear Forum,

I have selfishly joined your forum in the hope that I may be able to find someone who lives near a place called Cesena Italy, and wouldn't mind visiting the Canadian War Cemetery there on my behalf.

I am doing research into the life and death of a young Canadian Officer by the name of Lieut. Hugh Jarvis Bedell Royal Canadian Artillery, who was killed in Italy in November 1944. He came from the small town of Woodstock New Brunswick Canada, and now lies very far from home.

I would be grateful if there may be a small chance that someone on this forum lives near enough to this cemetery that snapping a quick pic, my be easy for them. It never hurts to ask, with much thanks in advance.

Lieut. Bedell is buried in Plot IV, Row F, Grave 2.

Thank you again,

David
Thornhill, Ontario Canada
Old Aug 4th 2015, 1:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Sancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to all
Default Re: Canadian War Graves Photo, Cesena Italy, please help

Originally Posted by mons14
Dear Forum,

I have selfishly joined your forum in the hope that I may be able to find someone who lives near a place called Cesena Italy, and wouldn't mind visiting the Canadian War Cemetery there on my behalf.

I am doing research into the life and death of a young Canadian Officer by the name of Lieut. Hugh Jarvis Bedell Royal Canadian Artillery, who was killed in Italy in November 1944. He came from the small town of Woodstock New Brunswick Canada, and now lies very far from home.

I would be grateful if there may be a small chance that someone on this forum lives near enough to this cemetery that snapping a quick pic, my be easy for them. It never hurts to ask, with much thanks in advance.

Thank you again,

David
i may be going that way later this summer. In the meantime, have you seen this ? The War Graves Photographic Project - Bedell, Hugh Jarvis
Old Aug 4th 2015, 2:05 pm
Just Joined

mons14 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you kindly Sancho for both offering to swing by later this summer, and the link. Much appreciated!
Old Jan 26th 2016, 2:02 pm
Just Joined

Tinkerjackie is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear David,
I saw your message by chance and am willing to give you a hand if you haven't found anyone yet. I basically live in Cesena and often visit the War Cemetery for my own personal reasons.
Hoping you receive this message.
Regards
Jackie
Old Oct 26th 2016, 5:24 pm
Just Joined

Julie Bedell is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi David . My husband is the son of Hugh Jarvis Bedell and we will be visiting Hugh's grave the weekend of Nov 4/5th 2016. I notice your post was last year so my post may not be of interest . Would you know of any of his family in Canada?. Stephen ( Hugh's son ) and I have a daughter , soon to be a mother herself . I know they are interested in finding any relatives in Canada . Stephen was born 19.02.1943 so never knew his father . His mother never married again . Contact with his Canadian relatives ceased when he was a very young man . Please post if you manage to see this reply . Regards Julie Bedell
Old Oct 26th 2016, 7:46 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Relevant CWGC records are here: Casualty Details

Hope this thread will have a happy ending.
Old Oct 26th 2016, 8:12 pm
Just Joined

Thank you for the link . I will keep a watch out for other posts . Julie .
Old Oct 26th 2016, 9:06 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mons14
Dear Forum,

Thank you again,

David
My son is involved (as instigator) of a project to photograph every Canadian WW2 grave in Italy next summer.

He'll be concentrating on SK and the 1943 landing at first, but has just today received sponsorship from the Canadian Military Families Magazine to widen the project.

If no-one steps up before then I'll ask him to help.

Novo, formerly of Richmond Hill ON.

Last edited by Novocastrian; Oct 26th 2016 at 9:08 pm.
Old Oct 26th 2016, 9:11 pm
Just Joined

Thank you , I'm not the original poster on this subject. My husband is Hugh's son and we will both be visiting Hugh's grave in Italy next weekend so I will be taking photos . I thank you for your offer though . I'm trying to contact the original poster to see if he has any information about Hugh's family , I. e . my husbands family . Regards Julie
Old Oct 26th 2016, 10:41 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Julie Bedell
Thank you , I'm not the original poster on this subject. My husband is Hugh's son and we will both be visiting Hugh's grave in Italy next weekend so I will be taking photos . I thank you for your offer though . I'm trying to contact the original poster to see if he has any information about Hugh's family , I. e . my husbands family . Regards Julie
Julie, if you click on the original poster's username a drop down box should appear. Click on the link that says "send email". If the OP is still using the email address he used to sign up with he will get your message.
Old Oct 27th 2016, 7:02 am
Just Joined

Thank you , have sent them an email. Julie .