Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

British/Italian dual citizen trying to become resident in Italy

British/Italian dual citizen trying to become resident in Italy

Old Jan 18th 2018, 5:34 am
Just Joined

tanc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default British/Italian dual citizen trying to become resident in Italy

I am a dual British/Italian citizen born in the UK where I have been resident all my life. My birth was registered in the comune of Rome. I have moved to Italy and am looking to get residence. My employment is based in the UK, I am paid into a UK account in pound sterling, but I live and remotely work in Liguria.

My question is: will I need private medical insurance to get residency in Italy?
Old Jan 18th 2018, 6:36 am
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British/Italian dual citizen trying to become resident in Italy

No. You are Italian and therefore have residency rights. You need to 'immigrate' to Liguria however.
Old Jan 18th 2018, 7:07 am
Just Joined

tanc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: British/Italian dual citizen trying to become resident in Italy

Thank you for your reply. That is what I had assumed and hoped, that as a citizen I would not have to provide medical insurance. I'm waiting for my certificates to arrive from Rome at which point I will attempt the anagrafe office