"Brexit"

Old Apr 28th 2016, 6:19 am
BE Enthusiast

jonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: "Brexit"

Obviously in the cited case I sympathise with the father. The son is an adult too and has the responsibility of getting to the end of his studies as quickly as possible (if he's unemployed he can dedicate himself full time to his studies, it's not like people who go "fuori corso" because they're working) and finding a job (meaning any job, it's his fault if he chose a course of study with no career prospects). But the media always pick on cases like this, to hide the fact that plenty of young people do want a job and don't find one and have no one to turn to for maintenance except their family (there's no state subsidy for people who have never worked). But of course these cases are less likely to end up in court.

Last edited by jonwel; Apr 28th 2016 at 6:24 am.
Old Apr 28th 2016, 7:52 am
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure what this has to do with Brexit?? This situation is pretty common in Italy and a legal requirement. The flip side, children must take care, within their possibilities, of their parents if needed.
Old Apr 28th 2016, 1:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

highlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond repute

So is a no vote for Expats !?

700,000 British expats will not be able to vote in EU referendum, court rules
Old Apr 28th 2016, 6:44 pm
Forum Regular

Nick1971 is an unknown quantity at this point

Not sure if I'm allowed to do this, but I thought I'd inject a little relative humour into this thread.
Personally, I believe we should stay.

Old May 4th 2016, 5:59 am
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute

An article in the Guardian says what a muddle it will be determining the rights of Eu expats if we Brexit.
Brexit will leave 2 million Britons in legal limbo abroad, say peers | World news | The Guardian

“The European parliament’s right not to give its consent to the adoption of the withdrawal agreement would give it considerable influence. One of the most important aspects of the withdrawal negotiations would be determining the acquired rights of the 2 million or so UK citizens living in other member states, and equally of EU citizens living in the UK. This would be a complex and daunting task.”

The Italian administration would make the most of it.
Old May 4th 2016, 6:38 am
BE Enthusiast

highlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond repute

Peers making forecasts ?
2 to 5 years, or more ?
What do they now past theirs dribbles.

Well lets stay firmly on board the EU juggernaut ,relentlessly heading for a massive crash on the rocks.

Happy days !
Old May 4th 2016, 6:38 am
BE Enthusiast

jonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by philat98
An article in the Guardian says what a muddle it will be determining the rights of Eu expats if we Brexit.
Brexit will leave 2 million Britons in legal limbo abroad, say peers | World news | The Guardian

“The European parliament’s right not to give its consent to the adoption of the withdrawal agreement would give it considerable influence. One of the most important aspects of the withdrawal negotiations would be determining the acquired rights of the 2 million or so UK citizens living in other member states, and equally of EU citizens living in the UK. This would be a complex and daunting task.”

The Italian administration would make the most of it.
I don't know how serious a problem this would be. Where I live in Milan there is a large North African population, who seem to enjoy the same rights as I do as regards health care for example, without being EU citizens. Maybe we'd have to go back to the "permesso di soggiorno", with regular renewal. Worth investigating (I haven't read the link).

PS I've read the article now; it doesn't go into much detail. There are plenty of rights enjoyed by non-EU immigrants, as I said above, even voting in local elections.
I see on the same page that Anthony Blair is campaigning to stay in. Unfortunately that'll be seen as a good reason for leaving!

Last edited by jonwel; May 4th 2016 at 6:47 am.
Old May 4th 2016, 6:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jonwel
I don't know how serious a problem this would be. Where I live in Milan there is a large North African population, who seem to enjoy the same rights as I do as regards health care for example, without being EU citizens. Maybe we'd have to go back to the "permesso di soggiorno", with regular renewal. Worth investigating (I haven't read the link).
Yes, no registration for them, they even REFUSE to be fingerprinted or documents checked. Lets see a Brit being able to stay in Italy without documents, translations, registrations, marche da bollo, codici fiscali etc.

As I said above .. rocks and crash !
Old May 4th 2016, 7:40 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by highlander1
This is only for those who have been out of the UK for more than 15 years, and was an attempt using the courts to bring in the proposed changes that would remove the 15 year rule that the government have plans to do. Incidentally, had 'public' opinion not accelerated the referendum, then the legislation would have been in place BEFORE the vote.
Old May 4th 2016, 7:47 am
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, no registration for them, they even REFUSE to be fingerprinted or documents checked. Lets see a Brit being able to stay in Italy without documents, translations, registrations, marche da bollo, codici fiscali etc.

As I said above .. rocks and crash !
You're confusing legal and illegal immigrants. A legal immigrant with PdS, fingerprints, registration etc has access to all services. Those who don't get nothing except emergency ambulatori
Old May 4th 2016, 8:16 am
BE Forum Addict

ononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jonwel

PS I've read the article now; it doesn't go into much detail. There are plenty of rights enjoyed by non-EU immigrants, as I said above, even voting in local elections.
I see on the same page that Anthony Blair is campaigning to stay in. Unfortunately that'll be seen as a good reason for leaving!
Why should it be a problem? We would just become 'xtra-communitari' again, like I was until 1973. If Albanians/Turks/Ukranians are going to e able to come in, can't imagine us having problems.
Old May 4th 2016, 10:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by modicasa
You're confusing legal and illegal immigrants. A legal immigrant with PdS, fingerprints, registration etc has access to all services. Those who don't get nothing except emergency ambulatori

Really ? I think not.

Tutti i regali che lo Stato fa agli immigrati - L'intraprendente | L'intraprendente
Old May 4th 2016, 12:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

I can sympathise with all those who feel they're being queue-jumped by illegal (or legal) immigrants. But let's just keep a sense of proportion:
    That's where the real enemy lies; Salvini doesn't seem to have much to say about this.
    Old May 6th 2016, 5:15 am
    BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute

Really ? I think not.

[/COLOR]
    The article says that the government pays the electricity bills of the ROM - they are European citizens and here legally. and provide toilet paper for illegal immigrants - but fails to point out that the provisino of basic human rights to illegal immigrants is when they are in immigration centres, not on the streets. They are given places to sleep and eat while they are being processed, and yes, this has a cost, in some cases inflated because the people who run the centres are doing it as a business, whether they are organised crime, businessmen or MP's lining their pockets.
    An illegal immigrant 'on the streets' ie one who has avoided the centro di accoglienza has no right to anything in Italy and relies on charity for his toilet paper.
    Old May 6th 2016, 7:37 am
    BE Forum Addict

MarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud of

Slightly OT but I noticed how Italian TGs made a big thing about Italians being able to vote for the mayor of London - Bella scoperta! What's the big deal??? That's one of the few things we are allowed to vote for in Italy!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.