Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

'BLUE KIT' ENGLISH TRANSLATION

'BLUE KIT' ENGLISH TRANSLATION

Old May 13th 2008, 10:42 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 'BLUE KIT' ENGLISH TRANSLATION

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
don't struggle to pay the tv licence ...... don't pay it at all unless RAi have already discovered you !!!!!!!!!!!
PATTY THIS IS FOR YOU

Okay - I have spoken to the top guy at my comune (and an ex-student Comandante of the Police) and surprisingly enough got some clear answers. The whole system is still higgedly piggedly though. Anyway ............

1. You already have a permesso di soggiorno (or maybe called carta di soggiorno) valid for 5 years.

2. When it runs out you don't have to go to The Questura for renewel - but you do have to go to comune to apply for the new substitute - this is called
Il permesso di soggiorno Ce per soggiornanti di lungo periodo.

It should be released to you as being indefinate - no expiray date.
The comune already have all your details on file so your request should not pose any problems for them.

3. HOWEVER - if any of your living circumstances have changed since you were given the original permesso - you may have to prove to comune that you are sufficiently economically supported here etc.
For example - my permesso was given to me on a "work basis". I worked - I earned and I had an Italian wage packet. Now I am at home with no official wage packet. I will have to apply for my new carta as being a family motivated one and not a working one. I have two kids - both minors - both born here. I am allowed to stay here as long as I like but because I am not married and not working - my OH will have to go to comune as well to sign that he is "econimcally covering" me.
If you have changed jobs in last five years you will probably need a declaration from your new boss stating that you are officially employed c/o of his company and working in "regola" - ie: paying taxes and INPS. You will likely be asked to produce your last wage packet or tax return. Comune should know exactly what.
I have been told that it is also legal as a valid ID for 5 years so I presume this means taking the regulation 4 recent photos too. If you want to carry on using it as legal ID after 5 years the photos must be changed.

If nothing has changed for you it should be more straight forward.

You will be expected to pay a nominal fee in Bollo or whatever - but I wasn't told exactly how much and didn't ask - around 40 Euro though.

SO BASICALLY - all the official blurb about how great the Italians are now and how much easier it is for us EU members - it is just that really - all blurb. The only thing that has really changed is that we are no longer forced to go to Questura because Comune now has power to help us with this type of beuracracy

AND you'd better get your skates on because your runs out soon !!!!!!!!!!!!

here's the official bit in Italian with the correct legislation - just in case they are all thick in your comune.
All the best - Lorna

PERMESSO DI SOGGIORNO COMUNITARIO PER SOGGIORNANTI DI LUNGO PERIODO

(decreto legislativo 25 luglio 1998, n. 286,e successive modificazioni;

dpr 31 agosto 1999, n. 394, e successive modificazioni;

decreto legislativo 8 gennaio 2007, n. 3)

Il permesso di soggiorno Ce per soggiornanti di lungo periodo

sostituisce la carta di soggiorno per cittadini stranieri.

Si tratta di un permesso di soggiorno a tempo indeterminato

che può essere rilasciato al cittadino straniero in possesso

da almeno 5 anni di un permesso di soggiorno in corso di validità,

a condizione che dimostri la disponibilità di un reddito

minimo non inferiore all’importo annuo dell’assegno sociale.
Old May 13th 2008, 10:51 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

I must have just missed you Patty - you were on-line whilst I was still trying to write down in clear concise English all the upside down info i got this morning.

Get moving though - you are supposed to aplly at least 30 days before permesso runs out !!!!!
Old May 13th 2008, 11:15 am

p,s

It could take up to 90 days before you have your new official SPL (soggiorno periodi lunghi) so make sure that Comune gives you some kind of valid receipt that will allow you to renew your tessera sanitaria in the meantime.
Old May 13th 2008, 3:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you so much Lorna for all that ! It must've taken you ages to type.
When my printer's working I'll print it all out. If you were near I'd buy you a big glass of wine (or two ) ........ I'll send you a virtual glass instead (I know... its beer but I coulndt find a wine one !) So at last we now know what to do when our bloody permesso expires - I had visions of being deported ( yeah in my dreams ...not having a good day today )

Ciao for now