Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

TO BIDET OR NOT TO BIDET? - 100 different uses ....

TO BIDET OR NOT TO BIDET? - 100 different uses ....

Old Feb 3rd 2010, 10:46 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TO BIDET OR NOT TO BIDET? - 100 different uses ....

Originally Posted by TestaRossa
Hint from How clean is your house for cleaning sink cloths. IF you have a dishwasher drape cloth over front of basket when you do a wash. I put my brushes for the pots thru to!
I put as much as I can in my dishwasher - including the powder drawer from the washing machine sometimes and the metal gas rings and caps from the cooker. If it ever breaks down I'd like another one in the house within 24 hours. Can't go backwards now.
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 11:07 am
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of

We took the dishwasher out to put a working oven in the space as we couldn't remove the other one due to the way the gaspipes for the hob are situated. We didn't really want to mess with gas!!

Must admit, I have lots of tea towels and I put straight in the wash when wet. Apparently the germs breed on the wet ones. I brought a load of microfibre cloths and use these for all my cleaning and then stick them all in the wash together every week or so. I even have a couple of bright red ones that I use for the loo too as I cannot stand those horrible toilet brushes.... now there is something that is normally very unhygienic in a house!!
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 11:33 am
BE Enthusiast

PAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to behold

I agree I couldn't do without my dishwasher normally, but I am waiting for spare parts. I even stick ceramic ornaments in to give them a dust and shine every so often. I must say I noticed my sister doesn't rinse the soap bubbles off the plates (I wouldn't dream of telling her though), I love the drip dry rack over the sink, my english relatives can't get their head round not using a tea-towel.
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 11:38 am
BE Enthusiast

angeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to all

Originally Posted by indiebird
We took the dishwasher out to put a working oven in the space as we couldn't remove the other one due to the way the gaspipes for the hob are situated. We didn't really want to mess with gas!!

Must admit, I have lots of tea towels and I put straight in the wash when wet. Apparently the germs breed on the wet ones. I brought a load of microfibre cloths and use these for all my cleaning and then stick them all in the wash together every week or so. I even have a couple of bright red ones that I use for the loo too as I cannot stand those horrible toilet brushes.... now there is something that is normally very unhygienic in a house!!
Would love a dishwasher, but like you have no useable space to site without smashing up existing cupboards , brick and tile work-tops so just have to make do with OH who does wash up - leaves to drain - after pm feast....
Do have horrid toilet brush thing....hate it.....may get OH to wash / clean the toilet too...why didn't I think of that before
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 11:41 am
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by angeli
Would love a dishwasher, but like you have no useable space to site without smashing up existing cupboards , brick and tile work-tops so just have to make do with OH who does wash up - leaves to drain - after pm feast....
Do have horrid toilet brush thing....hate it.....may get OH to wash / clean the toilet too...why didn't I think of that before
Now he sounds fab Angeli!! Must admit mine will iron, but he won't wash up unless under duress (I'm not in and he needs a cup for a cuppa) and he will not clean the loo. He says it's too disgusting for HIM to do it. Alright for me to do it though!
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 3:57 pm
Banned

bricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nice

I dry washing up with a tea towel then kitchen towel, the water is dodgy in puglia drip dry is risky or is it?
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 4:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

angeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to all

Now he sounds fab Angeli!! Must admit mine will iron, but he won't wash up unless under duress (I'm not in and he needs a cup for a cuppa) and he will not clean the loo. He says it's too disgusting for HIM to do it. Alright for me to do it though!
Indiebird, do think when viewing house a 'must' is 2 x toilets...one for boys and one for girls....problem solved...boys can be very messy so need to be kept confined to own space........
Old Feb 4th 2010, 5:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Indiebird, do think when viewing house a 'must' is 2 x toilets...one for boys and one for girls....problem solved...boys can be very messy so need to be kept confined to own space........
But that would mean two toilets for me to clean!!! (and probably two damn bidets too!!)
Old Feb 4th 2010, 6:25 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

My bidet has got a directional nozzle as part of the tap. It taught Alex to always check it after he turned it on one day and the nozzle was pointing straight at his middle. It soaked him.... and the floor.

I have to say I much prefer all the mixer taps I have in the house here. It's easier to wash my face straight from the tap than it is to fill the English sink with freezing water from one tap and scalding water from another tap. Even my old fashioned kitchen sink has got a mixer tap.
Old Feb 4th 2010, 8:13 am
BE Enthusiast

But that would mean two toilets for me to clean!!! (and probably two damn bidets too!!)
No no no Indiebird, they clean their own toilet....sure given the right 'products' and encouragment even they can do simple tasks....
Mixer taps are ace....
Old Feb 4th 2010, 8:16 am
BE Forum Addict

No no no Indiebird, they clean their own toilet....sure given the right 'products' and encouragment even they can do simple tasks....
Mixer taps are ace....
It would be horrendous!! Dh would probably pay for his mother to come to stay every few months to clean it for him and imply that I'm not doing a very good job

I too loooove mixer taps. Funny, but you do take them for granted here.
Old Feb 4th 2010, 9:55 am
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

Mastro Lindo might be be Mr Muscle although I thought there was a Mr. Muscolo but I might be imagining it! Mastro Lindo is Procter and Gamble anyway so chances are it's a product we know with a different name. Btw, when you use Ajax shower for the first time, if you find it, you will have to give your shower, taps etc a scrub or wipe down with a cloth to remove any build up of scale you have. Once you've done this you shouldn't need to do it again if you spray regularly - I use it pretty much every day and there's no build up in the shower, I don't in the sinks so I have to scrub them but it still works.
Old Feb 4th 2010, 2:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TestaRossa
Mastro Lindo might be be Mr Muscle although I thought there was a Mr. Muscolo but I might be imagining it! Mastro Lindo is Procter and Gamble anyway so chances are it's a product we know with a different name. Btw, when you use Ajax shower for the first time, if you find it, you will have to give your shower, taps etc a scrub or wipe down with a cloth to remove any build up of scale you have. Once you've done this you shouldn't need to do it again if you spray regularly - I use it pretty much every day and there's no build up in the shower, I don't in the sinks so I have to scrub them but it still works.
Yes, you're right...there is a Mr Muscolo and he is good.....but I will try Ajax shower and give everything a once over first....wearing my glasses so as to do a 'proper job'
Old Feb 4th 2010, 6:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yes, you're right...there is a Mr Muscolo and he is good.....but I will try Ajax shower and give everything a once over first....wearing my glasses so as to do a 'proper job'
I'm rofl as this is sooooo me! Glad to know there is at least one other person in Italy as blind as I am!!
Old Feb 4th 2010, 7:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

I'm rofl as this is sooooo me! Glad to know there is at least one other person in Italy as blind as I am!!
Dont you just wish there was a 'product' to stop glasses steaming up, maybe Mr Musculo could market one.....Still waiting for VE new glasses, been a week now.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.