Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

The BBC channels have gone.....

The BBC channels have gone.....

Old Feb 21st 2014, 11:53 am
Forum Regular

jenny g is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The BBC channels have gone.....

Hi all,
i would just like to say that i live between RE and PR and as of this morning have got all of the channels back on!! Now we will have to wait and see if it lasts
Old Feb 21st 2014, 1:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

linseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jenny g
Hi all,
i would just like to say that i live between RE and PR and as of this morning have got all of the channels back on!! Now we will have to wait and see if it lasts
iam now of to watch deal or no deal put my feet up and have a coffee
thanks to filmon
Old Feb 21st 2014, 1:24 pm
Forum Regular

Nellybell is a jewel in the roughNellybell is a jewel in the roughNellybell is a jewel in the roughNellybell is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by jenny g
Hi all,
Hi Jenny,
checked again, nothing is back here
(couple km away)
so I must have a smaller dish etc than you...

PS did Giuseppe fiddle with your system when he came last week?
PPS if he did, does your hubby know?

Last edited by Nellybell; Feb 21st 2014 at 1:26 pm.
Old Feb 21st 2014, 1:28 pm
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

I had a blocky picture for ITV this morning but nothing else. This lunchtime everything was fine. I expect to lose all the channels this evening.

Tomorrow I will try swapping the LNB over in the hope that the signal improves.

Otherwise I will call the antennista to bring his spectrum analyser and see if the dish needs a little bit of tweaking.
Old Feb 21st 2014, 1:34 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by duffer
I had a blocky picture for ITV this morning but nothing else. This lunchtime everything was fine. I expect to lose all the channels this evening.

Tomorrow I will try swapping the LNB over in the hope that the signal improves.

Otherwise I will call the antennista to bring his spectrum analyser and see if the dish needs a little bit of tweaking.
Methinks a good plan and even if tweaking doesn't work at least actually measuring the signal will also give you a really good idea of whether you are going to stand a chance with your dish, or alternatively if you need a bigger dish or if you will have to go to plan C (the internet).

let us know how you get on matey
Old Feb 21st 2014, 7:27 pm
Forum Regular

jenny g is an unknown quantity at this point

Nellybell!!! Do you honestly think that i would let Guiseppe fiddle with anything of mine
He asked me to phone the British Consulate to ask them how they manage to watch British tv....which incidentally i did...only to find that both of the telephone operators i spoke with were Italian and couldn-t have given less of a pancake about our sacred telly stations!!!!
Oh well...lets do what us Brits are good at....wait and keep fingers !!!!
Old Feb 24th 2014, 3:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

ameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to all

Originally Posted by duffer
Yeah I would agree, people need to check in the evening if the signal remains from the daytime. Let's wait for a few more weeks and in the meantime gather more precise info.
I suspect stabilisation is near now. Aosta and Piedmont seem to be the luckiest regions, but the Milan area looks still okay, I think I'll upgrade my dish but won't go to 1.5mt, I'll ask the installer to try some midway between 100cm and 150cm hoping it'll be enough to get all the channels, HD included.

This map looks reliable enough to me.

Old Feb 25th 2014, 4:23 am
Just Joined

nosignal is an unknown quantity at this point

The setup of the satellite is final, there will be no more changes.
The area where I am is 100% not covered, we coud almost trace a line from Pistoia to Massa Carrara, that's the limit, that's the very end of the fringe area.

Is enough you move a bit more north and with a good setup you will be able to get BBC once again, for example from Genova and up, same thing for the other side, probably Bologna and up.

The night changes are also due to sat minor position changes, know as "centre box", that in normal condition will have no effect, but in very extreme fringe areas will cause the signal to fade. Not last is vital the quality of the dish, lnb, cable, don't forget you have to try and get the maximum signal and quality, when working in fringe areas the setup has to be extremely good. If you upgrade don't go for cheap components, you will be waisting your money.

Good luck
Old Feb 26th 2014, 10:34 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud of

Was hoping to get a proper BBC set-up at last in the new house but looks like it ain't gonna be possible.
Old Feb 26th 2014, 10:36 am
BE Forum Addict

HADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MarkRD
Was hoping to get a proper BBC set-up at last in the new house but looks like it ain't gonna be possible.
Welcome back on here !! Hows the move ? done and dusted ? I thought you used Filmon on the Ipad ?
Old Feb 26th 2014, 10:43 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by HADENOUGHPIZZA
Welcome back on here !! Hows the move ? done and dusted ? I thought you used Filmon on the Ipad ?
Hi Hads .. no, still in the (painful) process of...but hopefully will be over within a few weeks.
Yes I do use FilmOn on the i-pad but it's a bit fiddly when you want to change channels and such, but looks like it will have to do anyway. 'Reception' also seems to have improved.
Old Feb 26th 2014, 10:48 am
BE Enthusiast

ameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to all

Originally Posted by nosignal
If you upgrade don't go for cheap components, you will be waisting your money.

Good luck
Yeah that's probably good advice, I must say last night I could watch every channel even BBC2 and 4seven which seem to be the hardest to get (as far as I'm concerned), probably a one-off episode, I'll keep in mind the "no cheap components" tip when the installer comes.

Last edited by ameliapond; Feb 26th 2014 at 11:36 am.
Old Feb 26th 2014, 11:45 am
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ameliapond
Yeah that's probably good advice, ..
No probably about it
Old Feb 27th 2014, 5:25 am
Just Joined

nosignal is an unknown quantity at this point

Make viewers pay to watch the iPlayer: BBC boss Tony Hall makes cash grab for popular catch-up service

Speaking at the Oxford Media Convention today, the director general said the licence fee should cover all BBC programmes, including those watched via iPlayer.

Full Story:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...h-service.html
Old Mar 9th 2014, 8:00 pm
Just Joined

LUISA COTUGNO is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: The BBC channels have gone.....

Evening all,
Has anyone out there used skyeurope.com to purchase a sky packet that costs 145euros per year??
they claim they can send it anywhere in Europe without being attached to a uk address and if that is the case, will this solve the telly problem without a massive dish? At least temporarily? Has there been any mention of a possible moving date for sky to move to uk beam if at all?
Does the normal sky subscription set up still work at the moment, including bbc and itv? Is it just the freetoview that have been removed ?
Duffer? Anyone?
Thanks in advance for any useful info, Lu near Lucca

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.