Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Average salary in Rome? Minimum....

Average salary in Rome? Minimum....

Old Nov 26th 2014, 9:34 pm
Forum Regular

criodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud of
Default Average salary in Rome? Minimum....

Hello all,

VERY long time since I posted here. I have a possible interview coming up for a job based in Rome.

It's been a while since I lived there. If they discuss salary expectations, what is the least I should be looking at these days.

It's a digital/online type role.

Obviously it's not going to be comparable to London, but Rome still is an expensive city.

I know what I would like to ask them for (coming from Ireland), but it would be useful to have a ballpark figure.

Thanks folks.
Old Nov 27th 2014, 3:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Isakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Average salary in Rome? Minimum....

You need to be thinking that a flat to rent in Rome can be at least 1,000 euro, plus all the bills..............
Old Nov 27th 2014, 7:03 pm
Forum Regular

criodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud of

I read somewhere last night that the average salary in Rome after tax is €1,500. I know it's the internet so you can't believe everything you read, but surely that's way too low for Rome.

I'm just going to ask them how much the role is offering, and take it from there.
Old Nov 27th 2014, 7:37 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by criodain
I read somewhere last night that the average salary in Rome after tax is €1,500. I know it's the internet so you can't believe everything you read, but surely that's way too low for Rome.

I'm just going to ask them how much the role is offering, and take it from there.
That much? I'm surprised.
Old Nov 27th 2014, 8:03 pm
Forum Regular

That bad??!!

In theory, Rome would be great (to go back), but I need to save some cash... :/
Old Nov 28th 2014, 5:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Isakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, save LOADS of cash.

I do not know what people get in your line of business, but young sales people get from 600-1,000 per month, a policeman told me he gets 1,000 and my friend who works part time in a school( dinner lady) gets 400 euro per month( out of which around 100 is given to her because she has 2 children under 18).
Old Nov 28th 2014, 6:01 pm
Forum Regular

Job could be up to €35K/year. I would imagine this would go farther in somewhere like Rome than it would in somewhere like London or Manchester...
Old Nov 30th 2014, 4:47 pm
Account Closed

Beasty is an unknown quantity at this point

Surely Rome is more expensive than Manchester?
35k euro a year does not sound a heck of a lot to me to be living in Rome? UNLESS you are thinking about not living in the centre? I have loosely looked at prices there in the past and less than 30k gbp a year does not strike me as a good time in a nice place in the centre.

Surely Rome is more expensive than Manchester!
Old Dec 1st 2014, 2:03 pm
Forum Regular

Well, I wouldn't be living slap bang in the city centre. That's expensive in most cities, not to mind tourist hot spots.

Well, a similar role might offer roughly a similar amount in £ in Manchester.

Last time I lived in Rome, I was only 22, and lived way out in the burbs in Boccea.

I would imagine that a 35K job might allow me to live somewhere a little closer this time.

Areas like Monteverde would be nice, on the tram line and big park nearby too. I am not familiar with north, south or east Rome though. Only from the city centre out west to Cornelia.

This is all assuming I get offered the job!!
Old Feb 4th 2015, 12:35 am
Forum Regular

Juvefan has a reputation beyond reputeJuvefan has a reputation beyond reputeJuvefan has a reputation beyond reputeJuvefan has a reputation beyond reputeJuvefan has a reputation beyond reputeJuvefan has a reputation beyond reputeJuvefan has a reputation beyond reputeJuvefan has a reputation beyond reputeJuvefan has a reputation beyond reputeJuvefan has a reputation beyond reputeJuvefan has a reputation beyond repute

what is the minimum wage law in Italy?
Old Feb 4th 2015, 12:41 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Cost of Living Comparison Between Dublin, Ireland And Rome, Italy
Old Feb 4th 2015, 6:47 am
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Juvefan
what is the minimum wage law in Italy?
I don't think there is one. Only a clause in The constitution saying that a wage must be proportionate to the quantity and quality of the work being done.

I did read somewhere that just over 50% of wages here are set by Employer agreements with the Unions - i.e. collective bargaining.
Old Feb 4th 2015, 9:15 am
Forum Regular

Juvefan has a reputation beyond reputeJuvefan has a reputation beyond reputeJuvefan has a reputation beyond reputeJuvefan has a reputation beyond reputeJuvefan has a reputation beyond reputeJuvefan has a reputation beyond reputeJuvefan has a reputation beyond reputeJuvefan has a reputation beyond reputeJuvefan has a reputation beyond reputeJuvefan has a reputation beyond reputeJuvefan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike
I don't think there is one. Only a clause in The constitution saying that a wage must be proportionate to the quantity and quality of the work being done.

I did read somewhere that just over 50% of wages here are set by Employer agreements with the Unions - i.e. collective bargaining.
the country that started democracy, started parliament, senates, etc..
seem to be going in the other direction! LOL
Old Feb 4th 2015, 10:02 am
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Juvefan
the country that started democracy, started parliament, senates, etc..
seem to be going in the other direction! LOL
The guy who came up with the concept of democracy never thought it would work effectively .... Plato, I think it was,he hasn't been proved wrong yet!
Old Feb 4th 2015, 10:09 am
Forum Regular

I didn't get the job in the end. But I live in hope!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.