Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Any Brits Living In Abruzzo

Any Brits Living In Abruzzo

Old Aug 26th 2010, 8:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

linseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any Brits Living In Abruzzo

we have been here 6 years and we know who to trust and we know of land for sale , and since the beathquake in laqaila 1 . 12 hours from us the comunes are now favering wooden houses look us up on google SNIP********SNIP and you whill find our email adress and tel no we are a british cuple who came to abruzzo to semi retire and open a bb

Last edited by Lorna at Vicenza; Aug 28th 2010 at 7:45 am. Reason: Sorry but you can't advertise in this way. Please use your signature to incude a weblink.
Old Aug 29th 2010, 11:58 am
Gio
BE Enthusiast

Location: London. and visiting Italy when the Parmesan runs out!
Gio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by SwissBrits
Thanks for that - our other option was to buy land and erect a wooden house (Hnoka, Erlund etc). More expensive potentially than a renovation but at least a pretty much known final cost versus a ruin. Im told the planning permision is no problem...
Hi, We bought a ruin on 3 hectares of land with automatic permission to develop on the site. I don't know about other areas in Italy, but, here in Abruzzo if you have a pre-existing structure, delapidated or in good nick, you have an automatic right to construct 100 Sq. M approx. of human habitation per hectare. Whatever you construct in addition can have well in excess of 100Sq.M non human habitation space i.e cantinas, store rooms etc. So, if you have 1 hectare and with a pile of rubble on it that used to be a house which actually exists on the Cadastal map then you can construct a lovely house with approx 240 Sq. M of floor space &, although more than half of that will have to be designated as not for habitation purposes, you know, your geometra knows, & the Commune knows, that whatever use you put it to afterwards is your affair.
We were putting up a wooden bungalow. A small one of 42 Sq.M internal, cos it was all we could afford at the moment. We had discussed what we were planning to do with the Tecnico at the Commune and he had no problems although, I think we were sailing very close to the wind & had we told him that we were putting down a 40cm. thick steel re-enforced concrete base with a steel re-enforced ring around the circumference and double mesh in the main slab, he may have cast a more jaundiced eye. Our 70mm thick solid interlocking log kit would have had a decent sized bedroom with enough space for usual furniture, a small snug, a large kitchen diner with a small office corner & a compact bathroom. We were to be insulating the roof but that's all the insulation that would have been needed. This would have been bought and delivered for less than €10.000 and all we had to do was erect it ourselves. It's a shame we didn't change our minds before we laid the slab but hey you can't win em all, and because we designed it, levelled it, shuttered it, built the steel work & cast the whole thing ourselves we just paid for the materials so not much money was thrown away.
Attached Thumbnails Any Brits Living In Abruzzo-oils-spoils-concrete-base-2009-001.jpg   Any Brits Living In Abruzzo-oils-spoils-concrete-base-2009-056.jpg   Any Brits Living In Abruzzo-oils-spoils-concrete-base-2009-062.jpg  
Old Aug 29th 2010, 8:51 pm
Forum Regular

Maur-Ross is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Gio,
where are you exactly so people can come by when you are finished as you may start a trend. Why do you not feel that you need insulation. Are you puting heating in at all?
Sorry for all the questions.
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 10:33 am
Just Joined

FreddieMac23 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am replying to the original question, although I appreciate the thread has digressed quite a lot.
There is a new Association of British Expast in Italy. This is a new group, purely social ,charity and non profit. It was formed through a group of expats in Rome and supported (not sponsored) by the British Embassy. It has now been formed in Rome and is up and running. They also have a Le Marche group which is having an event in October and should be a 100 or so people there. It is also looking for people who are willing to start regional groups (there has been some interest in Tuscany, Liguria, Umbria and Campania to date), so that the network can grow. I know all this as my partner is active in the group. If you are interested in being a member or actually running a regional group then you need to contact them on [email protected].
I am sure I have not broken any rules here because it is a non profit group anyway.
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 3:23 pm
Forum Regular

Maur-Ross is an unknown quantity at this point

There is already a forum for the Abruzzo region called Abruzzolutely.com
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 4:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maur-Ross
There is already a forum for the Abruzzo region called Abruzzolutely.com
the more the merrier!
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 4:33 pm
Gio
BE Enthusiast

Location: London. and visiting Italy when the Parmesan runs out!
Gio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by conniewalker
the more the merrier!
I agree........there is another one too Fabruzzo.com also good!
Old Nov 9th 2010, 4:24 pm
Just Joined

silvi forever is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, we have had a home in Silvi Marina for the last four years and try to spend whatever time we can there. We are also only 50m from the beach - perhaps you are near us. We are between Chalet del Lago (the restaurant on the lake) and Le Dune.
Get in touch and maybe if we are there at the same time we can get together!