Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Codice fiscale (are there any other work documents you need?)

Codice fiscale (are there any other work documents you need?)

Old Jan 8th 2018, 4:09 pm
Forum Regular

a_grz_vr is a jewel in the rougha_grz_vr is a jewel in the rougha_grz_vr is a jewel in the rougha_grz_vr is a jewel in the rough
Default Codice fiscale (are there any other work documents you need?)

Hello,

I'm 29 and I've already stayed in Italy to live and work. The first time when I was 19 (Rome), then again at 20 (Rome), then again at 22 (Bologna) I came back to the UK to do my A levels as an adult, and now I have them I'm moving back to Italy this year.

I want to make sure I've thought about everything before I leave. It's true that I've already been there, but I was there for only about a year in total, so there may be things I missed.

I got my codice fiscale the first time I went. It was very simple. I just gave them my passport (at one of the Rome offices) and they printed a certificate. This was in 2008.
Is it still this simple? Has anyone had it done recently? I need to ask because I might need to get another one done (for a reason which is a bit long to explain).

In order to work, is this really the only document you need? Or is there anything else? I didn't get any other documents made for work, apart from that one. I'm unaware of anything else being required.

I didn't open a bank account either when I was there. Do you need the codice fiscale in order to open one?

Thanks for your time! I'm hoping to move in about 6,7,8 month's time. I still haven't decided where yet! ahahah. I want to try somewhere new.

Ali